Pericardosis? Anyone else have or have had?

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BrockSampson

About 3-4 days ago I started feeling pressure in my chest and the feeling of shortness of breath, without any actual breathing problems. I have had  GERD my whole life and this was worse. The pressure was different depending on what position I was sitting or laying down. After a few tests the doctors think I have pericardosis. He told me to take 400mg of Ibuprofen, this did nothing. So I tried 600mg and that seems to have helped.  

In the tests they found I have a 0 coronary calcium score and no abnormalities. Even the sonogram they did was inconclusive. All I know for sure is that it sucks ass. And I am not sure how I am going to be able to work like this.

I was wondering what to expect. Does it get worse before it gets better? Stuff like that. Any help would be great. Thanks.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

I totally sympathize with your problem (I had bad asthma as a kid, so I have SOME idea what's it's like) but regrettably I doubt there's much you can do. Sounds like the doctor is just giving you very weak pain meds..... In my/my family's experience, these breathing issues tend to kind of  "fix themselves" over time, but that's not to say it won't get worse before it ends. Good luck bro

Also, I envy your user name something fierce.

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BrockSampson
@emkeighcameron said:
" I totally sympathize with your problem (I had bad asthma as a kid, so I have SOME idea what's it's like) but regrettably I doubt there's much you can do. Sounds like the doctor is just giving you very weak pain meds..... In my/my family's experience, these breathing issues tend to kind of  "fix themselves" over time, but that's not to say it won't get worse before it ends. Good luck bro Also, I envy your user name something fierce. "
The Ibuprofen is actually to reduce the inflammation. As it is more uncomfortable then painful for the most part.  And as far as the user name I was here day 1 to register that bad boy. You cant put a number after the mighty Brock Sampson's name. That would be horrible.