Phil Fish may have stolen Fez, more IGF Corruption

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ace829

So a bombshell was just dropped this afternoon. I'll just leave the link so you all can decide for yourselves. I'm still trying to formulate my opinion. This is madness.

[link removed]

What are your thoughts?

ameverrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ameverrit
thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thatpinguino

Techraptor is not a reputable news outlet so I wouldn't listen to a word they say. The National Enquirer has a lot of things to say about the world too, but I don't listen to them either.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't they sue Phil Fish to get compensation for their work if he stole from them?

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of allegations and hand-wavy "evidence", as always. Non-ironic use of "SJW" and "gaming media's inner circle". Catering to GGers. Just ignore it.

MFJubes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of talk here about stories like this validating GamerGate, which...ugh...no amount of "corruption" or breaches in "ethics" makes up for everything else that movement stands for.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By brandondryrock

@erickmartins: That website was started because of GG, saying they are the ones posting the real truth. Like you, I would like to see more evidence of these allegations. If these allegations are true, then these two developers need to take Phil Fish to court.

EDIT: TechRaptor was actually founded in 2013. I was wrong about it starting up because of GG.

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brandondryrock: if they were true, and there was hard evidence of it, they would have already done, probably.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ace829

Techraptor is not a reputable news outlet so I wouldn't listen to a word they say. The National Enquirer has a lot of things to say about the world too, but I don't listen to them either.

Based on what exactly?

@mfjubes said:

Lots of talk here about stories like this validating GamerGate, which...ugh...no amount of "corruption" or breaches in "ethics" makes up for everything else that movement stands for.

You seem misinformed. :^)

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Itwastuesday

did this article just include unqualified uses of the terms "SJW" and "GG"????

MFJubes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace829: Ah, this makes more sense now.

Nothing to see here, folks.

Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shhhh, you're attracting the Sea Lions!

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@itwastuesday: Yes, it's a GG website.

Someone, please, lock this thread down before it turns into another cesspool of screaming and debunked conspiracy theories.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By august

BOMBSHELL

MFJubes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwastuesday: Yes, it's a GG website.

Someone, please, lock this thread down before it turns into another cesspool of screaming and debunked conspiracy theories.

I'll second that.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace829: I'm not playing the evidence game with you. I know the gg playbook too well for this nonsense. I've read seen Techraptor stories before and they are as slanted as a two legged table. I don't find gg propaganda sites to be reputable sources of news or information.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mellotronrules

well, this certainly seems legitimate.

odd that every major outlet missed the scoop of the decade.

collusion?

(i forgot to had the hardest /s i possibly could)

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I especially enjoy the first commenter's 5 day old account with two posts on it. You know people can see when you create puppet accounts on this site right?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

My thoughts are you should post most info instead of just dropping a link. I ain't visiting that website.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Seems like the other guy walked away from it rather than Fish stealing it.

Nothing I hate more than someone coming out of the cracks looking for money after something has been successful.

MFJubes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace829 said:
@mfjubes said:

@ace829: Ah, this makes more sense now.

Nothing to see here, folks.

So you have no argument? Cool.

Nope. Interpret that however you want.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

I'm not too surprised that this is coming to light considering the smoke that was rising about possible corruption in the IGF after Fish's website got hacked.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace829: Enjoy your "win" I guess? You have more time to "argue" this crap than I do. Good day.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ace829 said:

So a bombshell was just dropped this afternoon. I'll just leave the link so you all can decide for yourselves. I'm still trying to formulate my opinion.

I love the feigned attempt at impartiality here.

You might want to check the site rules: "News or articles found elsewhere and copy pasted into the forums as a new topic without signifiant original commentary will be treated as spam."

Unless you're still "trying to formulate your opinion," I'd suggest you offer some actual content to go with your link, rather than just vaguely sniping at people like you've done so far.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: Two developers that worked with Phil Fish on Fez back in 2008 claim that Fish stole game mechanics from them to create Fez. They told this to Allistair Pinsof, who used to write for Destructoid, and he relayed that information to this website.

Like I said earlier, if there is hard evidence about these allegations, these two developers should be taking Fish to court instead of telling a games writer about it. This reason alone makes me believe that there is a lot of misleading information in that article.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#27  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Really don't see this thread going anywhere good.

TechRaptor is not a reputable news source, and this site and its staff/moderators have made several statements regarding how welcome GamerGate conspiracy nonsense is here. Which is to say, not very. Just causes way too many arguments.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mento  Moderator

This thread isn't going anywhere good.

TechRaptor is not a reputable news source and we don't allow derisive hearsay, especially when regarding a certain movement and its proponents. It's lead to far too many angry and dismissive threads in the past.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not gonna ignorantly outright dismiss any article/interview for the site it's on or the people behind it... but that thing reads like gossiping high school kids at best. And no matter what the reality is behind Fez (we already know that there were fights and that certain people didn't get the credit they deserved for their contributions), it's increasingly ridiculous that certain folks have latched on to "exposing" how this pretty humble little French-Canadian guy with some anger issues is... in fact... some kind of Moriarty-esque indie game crime lord that only gained success for his (actually pretty great no matter what) game by greasing palms and using his insidious insider connections.

Dude made one tiny game. Get the fuck over it.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

If this gets out of hand, lock it mods. I'll leave it up to you guys to discern if the discussion is good or bad.

Ultimately if this is proven true then bad on Phil. But I'll wait for more proof to come out. Our society is so quick to promote facts as truths, then once they are proven false the story gets buried but few actually know the actual truth. See the recent Deflategate with the NFL.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mento  Moderator

Can't see this thread going anywhere good.

TechRaptor is not a reputable news source and we've said multiple times in the past that we aren't tolerating any threads regarding a certain movement and its proponents. Just leads to far too many angry and dismissive threads.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#32 chaser324  Moderator

Sorry, we really have no interest in allowing links to or discussion of articles that are full of seemingly baseless allegations and language that would get a post deleted over here.