Phil Fish vs. Kevin Dent: What Did I Miss?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

So while I was at work today I was following twitter and Phil went full assault on this asshole called Kevin Dent. Now I follow twitter mainly at work to pass time and occasionally when media events take place (Super Bowl, UFC Fights, E3, etc) but I never heard of this guy or this conflict today. Can anyone explain what the hell started this or even when? It was just crazy today that Phil was criticizing Polygon and bashing this dude (rightfully so if you read some comments that he has said) which felt like out of nowhere but it obviously has been around for I am assuming a few weeks.

Any info would be greatly appreciated to help me understand what the fuck is going on.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

About a month ago Fish went on one of his twitter rants against Microsoft. I don't know what Dent has going with MS but he decided to defend them by calling Fish a dick and saying he he didn't code any of Fez himself and screwed over his business partner. Much insults were traded and they have been snarking at each other ever since.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By FLStyle

Has Mr Dent done anything significant within the industry prior to his ... do we call them Twitter feuds, that I should be aware of?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

When Assholes Collide

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TruthTellah

@nightriff: Kevin Dent and Phil Fish have disliked each other for a long time now. They clashed as recently as a few weeks ago when Keven Dent attacked him, his character, and his skill as a developer. Dent has also not been adverse to insulting other game journalists, and he has even made an enemy of NeoGAF a number of times. A lot of people regard him as a misogynistic jerk with little self-restraint. He has publicly insulted Destructoid and Jim Sterling in particular, and he seems to have no qualms with talking shit about anyone.

I think Phil Fish has had every right to dislike him. This is just more of the same.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
yeahimjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't stand either of them.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Kevin Dent is a piece of shit. Phil has been absolutely killing it on Twitter the last couple days. It's been magical.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Dent dropped the Indie thing a day before it happened for MS. He also talked with me a nice bit before it happened. Seemed nice even was a good sport about my teasing.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fish is a guy who I think is the shit but I can see why people would find him overbearing as a personality, Kevin Dent on the other hand is actually just a horrible person.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Fish is an asshole to people who are asking for it. Dent is just an asshole.