Pitch me a classic video game

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Chummy8

I was talking with one of my students the other day that they don't make games the way they used to and that if a classic game was pitched today, it probably wouldn't even get made.  So, let's pitch each other some classic video games and see how outlandish they sound. 

This is a game where you play a super fast rodent with an attitude.  An evil doctor has kidnapped your forest friends and you have to race and fight him to set them free.  Your only attack is jumping and your crazy speed.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

You play as a girl who shoots colourful holes in walls, whilst being tormented by a robot with lots of balls.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sagesebas

Okay so you are this man, who eats a bunch of little dots, and um ghosts chase him, and if this man gets a bigger dot he is able to eat the ghosts.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By PhatSeeJay

You play as a female bounty hunter who can bend in amazing ways to curl up into a ball and find her way into tight spaces.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust

You are a ninja, and another ninja fought your father and beat him to the ground. You are mad and want to kick his ass, and his troops to kingdom come, still for that you have to travel all over the world, and work with the FBI.

Props to whoever knows what is this game. ^^

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chummy8
@Jeust:  @Jeust said:

" You are a ninja, and another ninja fought your father and beat him to the ground. You are mad and want to kick his ass, and his troops to kingdom come, still for that you have to travel all over the world, and work with the FBI. Props to whoever knows what is this game. ^^ "

Ninja Gaiden.
DirtyEagles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DirtyEagles

golf

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Grissefar
@TekZero said:
" @Jeust:  @Jeust said:

" You are a ninja, and another ninja fought your father and beat him to the ground. You are mad and want to kick his ass, and his troops to kingdom come, still for that you have to travel all over the world, and work with the FBI. Props to whoever knows what is this game. ^^ "

Ninja Gaiden. "
I don't get it. Are you supposed to guess our games?
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Romination

I don't think we should bother pitching arcade-only games since arcades are REALLY a thing of the past. And a lot of those aren't made for consoles, so as much as I'd love to pitch Mappy, that wouldn't get made since it's really an arcade game.

As for my pitch...

So you know what's hot these days? Zombies. And you know what never goes out of style? Killing lots of them. So imagine this- you play a knight in olden times and, armed with primarily melee weapons, you have to battle through hordes of the undead (and demons) to rescue your beloved, who's been kidnapped. However, your character can only be hit twice- once and he loses his armor, and after that he dies. Plus, when you reach the end, you find out it was all a dream, and that you have to do it again. Twice the game, half the work!

I dunno, sounds like that one would get made to me.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chummy8
@Grissefar: Not really, he asked. 
phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By phish09
@BeachThunder:

Portal is great...but I don't know about "classic"...it's a bit too new for that.  That's like calling Linkin Park "Classic Rock". 

I'd say for a game to be considered classic it needs to be at least 15 -20 years old.

So anyway, my pitch.

You wake up, it's raining, no one is around, but there is a castle in the distance.  You can't get in the front door, so you need to find another way in.  Explore to your hearts desire in this action adventure game by the people who brought you the little Italian plumber.
phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By phish09
@Romination said:
" I don't think we should bother pitching arcade-only games since arcades are REALLY a thing of the past. And a lot of those aren't made for consoles, so as much as I'd love to pitch Mappy, that wouldn't get made since it's really an arcade game.As for my pitch...So you know what's hot these days? Zombies. And you know what never goes out of style? Killing lots of them. So imagine this- you play a knight in olden times and, armed with primarily melee weapons, you have to battle through hordes of the undead (and demons) to rescue your beloved, who's been kidnapped. However, your character can only be hit twice- once and he loses his armor, and after that he dies. Plus, when you reach the end, you find out it was all a dream, and that you have to do it again. Twice the game, half the work!I dunno, sounds like that one would get made to me. "
Ghosts and Goblins.
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By beforet

Why play Tennis outside when you can get the visceral, back-and-forth action in the comfort of your own home! Complete with full ordinate movement as well as an automated score keeping system.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chummy8

Here is a game where you play a little robot.  The evil doctor has created many other little robots in which to kill you.  You can pick and choose which level to play next as you advance through the game.  And every time you kill an evil robot, you gain his powers to use for the rest of the game. 

Sounds interesting enough. 
ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Ok, so hear me out. Aliens invaded earth and four shirtless buff dudes are the only one who can stop them. There are all kinds of guns and it's really punishing. You only get three continues for the whole game. You fight giant-ass alien monsters with the spread gun and it's co-op.

I think that would get made today, just made easier.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Skald

You play as a robot that has to find a kitten.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jeust
@TekZero said:
" @Jeust:  @Jeust said:

Ninja Gaiden. "
Right! ^^
Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Badhands

WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA.

blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By blueaniman93

So there's this guy from Japan. He is really good at fighting and he meets people from all over the world. His hands can make fire and throw them at other people.

havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By havelava

I dunno, I feel it'd be quite easy to pitch those games, and you can make anything sound ridiculous, current games being no exception, I mean.

You're this guy who fights aliens, but then there's these zombie style things, and then there's this big ring, and you shoot the ring, and it kills everything except the zombie type things, but they die 'cause they're zombie type things and have no brainsssssssssssssssssssss. Also you survive 'cause you got away from the big ring really fast.
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Yo, it takes place in space!

AlmostApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AlmostApollo

"It's an adventure game where you can put a hamster in a microwave and..." "That's enough. Make it."

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By imsh_pl

Ok, so there's this game where, like, people try to befriend wild animals and stuff. They then put them in tiny balls, and make them fight each other (kinda like cock fights, you know). The goal of the game is to catch all these wild animals and become the number 1 cock fighter in the world.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jeust

A guy in leather with a whip, trying to whip his way to his loved one. ^^

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Badhands said:
" WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA WACKA. "
.. Shakira? is this you?
DSale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DSale
Boggle Boppin'
Platform: NES

Title card opens on Vivian, our main character.  She is a young girl, getting ready for bed.  Still images show her brushing teeth, putting on pajamas, and kissing her parents goodnight.  In block letters at the bottom of screen, the following text scrolls:
"VIVIAN LIVES A NORMAL LIFE"
"EVERYTHING IS AS IT SHOULD BE"
"EXCEPT IN HER DREAMS...."

Join Vivian and her friends The Boggles as they fight their way across 6 side scrolling levels.  The Boggles are small, ball like creatures that come in 3 different colors, Red, Blue, and Yellow.  By bopping them on the head with her Magic Hammer, the Boggles will unleash their own unique abilities to help Vivian in her adventures.  Place and bop multiple Boggles in the same spot to combine their powers and unleash the full spectrum of their powers!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HandsomeDead

You run to the right, then we wait five years and put it out again with better graphics.