PlayStation 1 Collector's Edition 'White Label' Games

lcompx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lcompx

Is there a list of all the PS1 games that got the 'white label' collector's edition treatment? I don't remember them at all when they originally came out, but I see them on ebay frequently. The titles that got this treatment seem kind of all over the place. I've seen Crash, Spyro, GTA and EA Sports 2002 titles. Obviously they come from different publishers, but they seem like the packaging was consistent, with the white PlayStation banner running vertically and a black collector's edition banner horizontally on the manual. I think Crash, Spyro, GTA and the EA Sports titles all came it 3 game bundles. Did any other games get this treatment? Were any title available individually or just in bundles? Did these all get released around the same time? Was this a Sony initiative like Greatest Hits? Anyway, I've been curious about these collector's edition releases but have never found much info about them, so if someone knows more or can point me to a list or more info I'd be interested.

lcompx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was reminded of these again recently. I found more information and a complete list of releases. There is a "PlayStation Collectors' Editions" concept page on the wiki now if anybody else is interested or has things to add.

tacobelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eidos had a collector's edition set including Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, and Fighting Force.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're all publisher specific, aren't they? White Label is/was Virgin Interactive's greatest hits branding.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@lcompx said:

I was reminded of these again recently. I found more information and a complete list of releases. There is a "PlayStation Collectors' Editions" concept page on the wiki now if anybody else is interested or has things to add.

Yes, and to assist anyone just now checking out this thread, you can find these on our PlayStation Collectors' Editions wiki page.

If any of you have copies of these games, feel free to post pictures on this thread.