Playstation Plus March 2013 Update!

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By kieran_smith5

Kieran here with your March 2013 Playstation Plus update!

PlayStation 3

Spec Ops: The Line

Spec Ops: The Line is a narrative-driven modern military third-person shooter set in Dubai during the aftermath of a series of destructive sandstorms.

Reviewed by Jeff Gerstmann June 29, 2012

Metacritic score: 77

Check out the Quick Look (Xbox360):

Joe Danger 2: The Movie

The sequel to Joe Danger, featuring time travel, dinosaurs, giant robots and jetpacks.

Not Reviewed by Giant Bomb Staff

Metacritic Score: 78

Check out the Quick Look (Xbox360):

The Cave

A new platforming-adventure game from Double Fine and famed designer Ron Gilbert, which has the player traversing a sentient, talking cave and solving puzzles co-operatively.

Reviewed by Alex Navarro January 22, 2013 (Xbox 360)

Metacritic Score: 73

Check out the Quick Look EX:

PlayStation Vita

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Players take the role of Maritsu Evil Academy honor-student Mao in his quest to overthrow his father and take the title of Overlord of the Netherworld (PS3). PlayStation Vita port of the PS3 game.

Not Reviewed by Giant Bomb Staff

Metacritic Score: 78

No Quick Look, but here is the trailer:

Tekken 6

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion is an updated version of Tekken 6 for arcades, which has also been ported to PS3, Xbox 360 and PSP. The home console releases have been released simply as "Tekken 6".

PSP version not Reviewed by Giant Bomb staff

Metacritic Score: 82

Check out the Quick Look:

Discounts

Game TitleNormal PriceSale PricePlus Price
Army Corps Of Hell$39.99$27.99$19.59
Big Sky: Infinity (Cross Buy)$9.99$6.99$4.89
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend$24.99$17.49$12.24
Dokuro$19.99$9.99$6.99
Dynasty Warriors Next$34.99$24.49$17.14
Knytt Underground (Cross Buy)$14.99$10.49$7.34
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes$39.99$27.99$19.59
Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7$19.99$13.99$9.79
Lego Lord Of The Rings$39.99$27.99$19.59
Orgarhythm$19.99$13.99$9.79
Pure Chess$7.99$5.49$3.84
Retro City Rampage (Cross Buy)$14.99$10.49$7.34
Sine Mora$9.99$6.99$4.89
Spy Hunter$34.99$24.99$17.49
Street Fighter X Tekken PS Vita$39.99$27.99$19.59
Sumioni: Demon Arts$14.99$10.49$7.34
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 PS Vita$39.99$27.99$19.59

In addition to these discounts: Bit.Trip's Runner 2 is 20% off to members at $11.99

That's it for March 2013! lemme know if this has been useful. I enjoyed putting it all together.

-k.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm looking forward to finally checking out Spec Ops. It's not something I am interested enough in to pay for on its own, but I'll gladly play it as part of my Plus benefits. I wish I would have held off on The Cave. That game is not good.

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking about Picking up Spec Ops for a long time, because I was interested in what it was doing narrative wise, but I got bogged down with my back log. This is an excellent opportunity to check it out, and I have been enjoying it so far.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By awesomeusername
kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername: Baller. I thought adding the videos, link to reviews, and metacritic scores would be useful though instead of just dumping the material in a blog post. Couldn't you just link to the Playstation Blog?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andorski

I'm continually impressed by what Sony offers for "free" with their paid service. I reupped my subscription even though I rarely play on my PS3 so I could finally play Vanquish and inFamous 2.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By awesomeusername

@kieran_smith5 said:

@awesomeusername: Baller. I thought adding the videos, link to reviews, and metacritic scores would be useful though instead of just dumping the material in a blog post. Couldn't you just link to the Playstation Blog?

That's true, but most people on this site already know most of the games that come out. I could just link to to the Blog but then that'd be spam and since most of the people don't visit the Blog, it makes sense to post all the stuff up for them. I'm not saying you have to stop, just letting you know that you really don't need to do it.

rentacop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By rentacop

I'm really needing a bigger HDD right now for my ps3. Never thought when I bought it that 80gb wouldn't be enough.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@kieran_smith5 said:

That's true, but most people on this site already know most of the games that come out. I could just link to to the Blog but then that'd be spam and since most of the people don't visit the Blog, it makes sense to post all the stuff up for them. I'm not saying you have to stop, just letting you know that you really don't need to do it.

I'd rather see a whole blog post in this format on this site than have to keep up with the Playstation blog, though. Pretty neat.

However, we did have someone else that was already doing the same thing. Wasn't it @fluxwavez?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@believer258 said:

However, we did have someone else that was already doing the same thing. Wasn't it @fluxwavez?

Yep, I retired. @awesomeusername started doing them, but I think I prefer this thread's format of posting videos, reviews and scores associated with the PS Plus content.

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez: My reason for doing so was to provide a background for users. A place where they can view the content before downloading it.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername said:

@kieran_smith5 said:

I'd rather see a whole blog post in this format on this site than have to keep up with the Playstation blog, though. Pretty neat.

So we agree that @kieran_smith5 should start doing the whole Store updates then?! GREAT!

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey! I am just doing the PS+ update haha.