Points= Fake Money=Trouble

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JJGIANT

I find it really hard to gauge how much I spend on xbox live. I seem to just spend ms points in perpetuity. Does anybody else have this problem? Having just bought Zombie Apocolypse on a complete wim

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I don't have cash to burn.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

No. I don't have a stockpile of points, so I always have to buy more whenever I want something. This always makes me aware of how much I am really spending.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

You're not really throwing away money if you're spending points you already have. You already threw away your money when you bought those points whenever ago.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy

400 points = $5. There. Do the math from that.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jadeskye

yeah i go by 400 points. 

I try to keep my balance around 1500 points for when good releases sneak up on me.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Synthballs

I'd really much rather use Plain old cash

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By shirogane

My problem with them is the fact that you can't just buy how many you need, and you always end up with some leftovers.
dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#9  Edited By dudacles
@PureRok said:

" You're not really throwing away money if you're spending points you already have. You already threw away your money when you bought those points whenever ago. "

Yes, you are. You've already spent money, which cannot be recovered, but if you spend the points buying dumb games, you end up having to spend more real money on new points to buy games that are actually worthwhile. Therefore, it is a waste of money if you buy stuff that you don't really want or need.

Like Vito, I only buy point(cards) when I need them for a game. I'm perfectly aware of the money I'm spending that way. It does suck that point cards don't come in 400, 800, 1200 and 1600 increments. That would be the most honest way, but hey, Microsoft likes making money, and they make a lot by adding extra points to each card that are unneeded.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PureRok
@dudacles said:
" @PureRok said:
" You're not really throwing away money if you're spending points you already have. You already threw away your money when you bought those points whenever ago. "
Yes, you are. You've already spent money, which cannot be recovered, but if you spend the points buying dumb games, you end up having to spend more real money on new points to buy games that are actually worthwhile. Therefore, it is a waste of money if you buy stuff that you don't really want or need.  Like Vito, I only buy point(cards) when I need them for a game. I'm perfectly of the money I'm spending that way. It does suck that point cards don't come in 400, 800, 1200 and 1600 increments. That would be the most honest way, but hey, Microsoft likes making money, and they make a lot by adding extra points to each card that are unneeded. "
You may think you are, but you've already thrown the money away. If you feel the need to throw more money away later, well... that's your own problem.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By iam3green

i hate points. it ends up making me having left over points. i right now have 140 points left over. there is nothing exciting to buy with that amount of points. i think microsoft did that so people would buy more points. they should let u as many points as u want instead of having 400, 800, 1200 points or whatever the points are.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By MrKlorox

I only buy a specific number of points when I know there is something in particular I want. I ended up with a few hundred too many points once and ended up rending Drag Me To Hell in HD via Zune Marketplace. That was worth it, unlike the stupid picture packs or themes, which I've also totally bought.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By Hamst3r
@iam3green said:
" i hate points. it ends up making me having left over points. i right now have 140 points left over. there is nothing exciting to buy with that amount of points. i think microsoft did that so people would buy more points."
That's entirely why they do it. You always have to buy more points than you need and you're always left with a surplus of points.
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Andorski

Points have the opposite affect on me.  I'm prudent with my purchases off of the Marketplace when it comes to oddly priced content.  For example, buying something that is 250 points ($3.125 USD) leaves you with a remainder that is hard to spend.  If you want to buy something else, chances are that you will need to buy another 1600 point card, leaving the remainder still in your 360's wallet.  Meanwhile, I buy stuff off of the PSN store more often since they don't make you buy their own currency in chunks.