Possible Devil May Cry Game? Which Dante you would like to see?

• 104 results
Avatar image for randomcharachter
randomcharachter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Possible Devil May Cry Game? Which Dante you would like to see? (226 votes)

New Dante 66%
Classic Dante 34%

• 
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Dante. Absolutely. If they're going to make another game like that, I'd be more interested to see them give him another go.

They can always go back to old Dante if they feel like it.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pretty sure that posting just a youtube video without any text discussion is considered youtube spam. So you might want to write something up.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

DmC Devil May Cry is a good Western interpretation of the DMC series but the new Dante feels like an imitation. Classic Dante is goofier, way better with one liners and generally just sillier. Old Dante all the way.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Classic Dante is a fun character (mainly in DMC4, he's kind of a douche in 3 but that's sort of the point of his arc in that game) so I'd love to see him come back.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

New Dante...with the possibility of a Sissel outfit - actually, scratch that, a Missile outfit :O

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no reverence towards old dante or new dante in fact i think ive only ever played DMC2. Which i guess was the bad one?

I don't care. Rebooting the series with a new dante and then going back to the old one seems like a really REALLY dumb move though. Why not just have character growth / aging that pushes new dante more into the shoes of the old dante? Seems like a dumb question.

Seriously just make the new dante develop in a direction that addresses the concerns of the fans of the older games. Problem god damn solved.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By bigjeffrey

New Dante just so people can get pissed off again.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

New Dante. Simply because I want to see more of him. I want to see more of that world. We've already had the original Dante for 4 games.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel

I don't care. Rebooting the series with a new dante and then going back to the old one seems like a really REALLY dumb move though.

It wouldn't be the first time.

I'd rather that they make another game with the original Dante. The new Dante just never struck a chord with me.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Dante, but I wouldn't mind a crazy crossover with both.(That way all fans are satisfied.)

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:
@clonedzero said:

I don't care. Rebooting the series with a new dante and then going back to the old one seems like a really REALLY dumb move though.

I'd rather that they make another game with the original Dante. The new Dante just never struck a chord with me.

Well they aren't really comparable. bomberman and dante i mean.

I'm just saying it'd be super jarring and weird. Why would they go back to the old dante? because of people complaining? Didnt the new DmC do well both with fans and critics? I know Brad really liked it.

Plus going back and forth between the different versions of the protagonist is confusing and offputting to the general public. So rebooting him just to toss the rebooted version away because a minority didnt like him as much seems just ridiculous to me.

All they have to do, is maybe make his hair white all the time (which to me seemed like teh biggest complaint), make him goofier and age him a couple years, BOOM problem solved. Same damn character. Dante is just a white haired red coated oneliner machine anyways. I dont get peoples reverence for him but thats me.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Both. You play as New Dante in DmC2 and in limbo you somehow meet Old Dante and fight him

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

New Dante just so people can get pissed off again.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

I'm just saying it'd be super jarring and weird. Why would they go back to the old dante? because of people complaining? Didnt the new DmC do well both with fans and critics? I know Brad really liked it.

Plus going back and forth between the different versions of the protagonist is confusing and offputting to the general public. So rebooting him just to toss the rebooted version away because a minority didnt like him as much seems just ridiculous to me.

All they have to do, is maybe make his hair white all the time (which to me seemed like teh biggest complaint), make him goofier and age him a couple years, BOOM problem solved. Same damn character. Dante is just a white haired red coated oneliner machine anyways. I dont get peoples reverence for him but thats me.

Why keep the new Dante? The whole point Capcom pursued was to create a Devil May Cry that would attract a larger audience. They didn't succeed, and Ninja Theory is working on something else now.

And it's not just a matter of making new Dante's hair white. The new Dante is a fundamentally different character from the old one, from his attitude and personality to his lineage. You can't just say that this new Dante is a younger version of the old Dante because that is fundamentally not true on numerous levels.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

New Dante, want to see where they would have taken that story.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

@clonedzero said:
@hailinel said:
@clonedzero said:

Well they aren't really comparable. bomberman and dante i mean.

DmC in general did well with critics but poorly with the actual fanbase, and it's the lowest selling Devil May Cry despite Capcom having hopes of it being the highest selling. Devil May Cry 4 was both the best selling DMC and one of Capcom's highest selling titles ever, (Number 11, only behind a handful of Resident Evil, Street Fighter and Monster Hunter games) so that combined with the fanbase wanting classic Dante back makes a return to the original universe make sense from a financial standpoint.

Yeah, you could make the new Dante more like the old one, but you're still going to have a bunch of people be super skeptical after not liking the last DmC, and if you're just gonna make him into old Dante why not just bring back old Dante? Making Devil May Cry 5 would instill a lot more confidence in fans who felt scorned by the reboot than making DmC: Devil May Cry 2 would. It might be jarring to the fans of the reboot, but there aren't a whole lot of them anyways.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I don't see why can't just do a Devil May Cry 5 sooner, and a dmc 2 later.

As long as it gets on XONE, I don't really care what they do.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Dante, not because he's a better character, (They're both pretty bad) but because it would help put them on better terms with fans.

Maybe a Devil May Cry 5 can be good, but my hopes aren't high. I'd be hopeful if Hideaki Itsuno was directing it.

Or hell, maybe Capcom gives Kamiya a giant sum of money and begs Platinum to make it. Now that'd be good!

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Vonocourt

Doesn't really matter to me, I thought both versions were alright. Now the combat mechanics leaning more towards 3/4 than DmC, that I would care about.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Classic Dante. Also, classic gameplay, instead of the downright broken easy, watered down shit from the reboot.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By TobbRobb

I liked DmC but I'm not attached to new Dante in the least. He felt pretty throwaway. I'll gladly take the over the top cheese of old one back.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Karmosin

I want me some cheesecake.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@hailinel said:
@clonedzero said:

It certainlywould not!

New Dante by a wide margin. I liked how flawed his character was, and look forward to seeing his arc.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By MildMolasses

Can the redo Dante again? They both suck, so maybe one that doesn't suck would be nice

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShaggE

A third Dante, this time with a mullet and 70's mustache. I want to see if it's possible to make fanboy heads literally explode in anger.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely the new Dante. I don't understand the complaints of the new Dante. Sure, he was a jerk sometimes but wasn't he always like that? Besides, by the end of that game, he really had grown as a character and the ending really sets up the universe nicely so I would be excited if they made a DmC 2.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't bother me in the slightest which Dante they go with, as long as they revert to the DMC4 gameplay systems - preferably with some additions. DmC was far too shallow and easy compared to the previous iterations.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Classic gameplay, new everything else.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Newer Dante was slightly better on the personality front; plus his hair's white now so everyone likes him for no apparent reason.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both suck. I kind of liked Dante in DMC3, but they ruined him in 4. I'd rather have another reboot. A more Gothic Japanese one.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nude Dante.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the game is fun, I don't much care. I enjoyed the new game well enough that I would not be opposed to seeing its story continue.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

New Dante is so much more interesting than old Dante.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Animasta

New Dante.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By Humanity

New of course so we can further distance ourselves from the old, dated gameplay of the previous titles. Stylistically the new one already outdid the old ones by many magnitudes.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

. I'd rather have another reboot. A more Gothic Japanese one.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Well they must have rebooted it for a reason. If DMC 4 was as successful as some of the people in this thread are claiming, then how come they didn't release a new one for like 5 years? And why did they decide to reboot it if they felt like everyone was so happy with it? Maybe there was something about the production of those older DMC games that made them unsustainable. I don't know, but even in 4 it seemed like they were trying to reinvent that franchise. Dante wasn't even the main character.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They both kinda suck, but DmC Dante (after having finally played it) is just real fucking dull. It's not even just the design (though that too was pretty boring), DMC3 Dante has much more...spirit? Was at least more fun to watch, and I'd prefer going back to that sort of writing philosophy.

Also, maybe leave the demon/angel weapons at the door. Neat idea, but I didn't love the implementation.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

New Dante is easily the better character in my opinion. Let's get more of him

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By BigBoss1911

Classic Dante should be winning this no problem, the fuck is wrong with you people?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigboss1911 said:

Classic Dante should be winning this no problem, the fuck is wrong with you people?

DmC was the better game?

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By 49th

New Dante. I really like that game and I liked the character a lot too.

Socuteboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sherlock22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Dante. I feel like the new Dante spends too much time talking and trying to make himself seem cool and edgy. It comes across as some 12 year old kids idea of what being awesome is like. Curse a lot, and be angsty. Old Dante for the most part acted ridiculous instead of talking and it was more fun to watch because of that. Also having to use the angel and demon weapons against certain enemies wasn't fun.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ezekiel
@oldirtybearon said:

@bigboss1911 said:

DmC was the better game?

DmC is dull. The story takes itself too seriously and there are too many cutscenes. There are only like six enemy types, most of them with bloated health. DMC3 had cooler bosses and more of them. DmC's bosses are almost all ugly. I remember DMC3 having more enemies on screen as well. The color pallet or world design wasn't as monotonous, and the combat allowed for more variety. DmC doesn't need two evade buttons. And DMC3 didn't have fucking boring levels like where you follow Kat as she's being pursued.

Embryonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Embryonic

I'm not too fussed, tbh. While I wasn't "outraged" at the way they overhauled the series, I was disappointed in the direction they took the combat.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:
@oldirtybearon said:

@bigboss1911 said:

DmC was the better game?

DmC is dull. The story takes itself too seriously and there are too many cutscenes. There are only like six enemy types, most of them with bloated health. DMC3 had cooler bosses and more of them. DmC's bosses are almost all ugly. The color pallet or world design of DMC3 wasn't as monotonous, and the combat allowed for more variety. DmC doesn't need two evade buttons. And DMC3 didn't have fucking boring levels like where you follow Kat as she's being pursued.

Sure thing brah. You're totally right. Those are absolutely the reasons why DmC Dante is winning this poll.