Pre-ordered a next gen console yet?

• 135 results
OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Xbox One on pre-order here. It's the only one of the consoles that showed me anything close to 'next gen' and it has the games I want to play, plain and simple. I pre-ordered my Day One copy from the MS store on my 360 about two hours after the Sony presser (the one where they showed me more games I could play on the Xbox while only showing about 2 games I couldn't...).

While there is something to be said for the excitement you get standing in line on launch night, I'm an Old now...and there's a high likelihood that it will be both chilly and pouring down rain in November here in Portland..those things I will not miss. (Especially while carrying a new $500 piece of tech...)

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Yes, immediately after the Sony press conference I preordered the PS4.

I've never been able to get in on a console at launch and financially I'm finally able to do so. For all we know these might be the last "consoles" as we know it. I'd like to have that launch day experience at least once.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@councilspectre: why would i pre order microsoft and sony still have months to fuck up

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope not yet. No launch games I HAVE to play. Also the price here is the same as a GTX770 at 449€. I might be picking up one of those instead while waiting for games.

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny when people mention "all" the exclusives that Microsoft has over Sony, when the play station has dominated that arena for a decade. Do you really think this next generation is going to be different when Sony owns some of the best game development studios in the business?

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#106  Edited By markini6

PS4 on Amazon for me, but tbh I have doubts about the stock and availability, I'll find out in 5 months I guess. Looking at the 360 and the PS3, I looked at which manufacturer had continuously released exclusives throughout the console's lifecycle and there was no other choice but Sony (the Last of Us and GT6 in the PS3's "last year"). Naughty Dog will most likely be at e3 next year, and I'm sure games like God of War and LPB will rear their heads at some point. Also, I was going to pass on Killzone but after reading previews for it and now how it's apparently much more open and Crysis-like, there's an exclusive launch title that will dull some of the pain of missing out on Forza.

crunchmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@kirillorlov: It was a futureshop.ca promotion during e3 week. Pre-order 3 or more games and save $13 - $20 per game.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#108  Edited By KaneRobot

Hell no. If someone knows they're gonna buy one no matter what, fine. But there is no way to know how this is going to shake out. Hardware issues, unexpected performance (both sales and system-wise), a lot of time between now and launch...no way.

I'm probably actually just going to go back to PC for the next year and a half or so (and I never throught I'd say that). I'm waiting to see what happens.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nope.

Got my PC and just bought a Wii-U so I'm set for this generation. Most likely to pick up a PS4 in 2-3 years after a couple of price drops.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

PS4. The only console that matters next gen. The Xbox One is a non-starter with all the control MS wishes to exert on the user, and I already have a Wii U.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By onyxghost

Ordered my Xbox yesterday. The DRM doesn't bother me. It's not any worse than steam. The always on thing is no big deal. I have cable and my phone is an LTE hotspot. So unless cable and phone service is out I'm fine. If they do go out I have bigger problems. And I haven't rented a game since Blockbuster went out. That bring said, I'm in a good place financially and will pick up a PS4 at a later date. It's just a shame the only thing on playstation I remotely like is uncharted.

Almost forgot the why. Titanfall...

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunchmonkey: I took advantage of that FutureShop deal as well. Got my PS4 pre-ordered along with Knack, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son, Diablo 3, Destiny, Mirror's Edge 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Star Wars Battlefront and Metal Gear Solid V all for PS4 and all for $39.99 each.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By flindip

I traded in my 360 and all my games at Gamestop for a PS4(I also, by extension, cancelled XBLA).

Its pretty much paid in full at this point. Going to be playing my Mac for a couple months.

A_Norman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mister_v said:

Both because I'm an idiot.

Although i can't really justify why i ordered the XBONE...

This. I'm probably going to cancel my XBONE order though, just haven't brought myself to do it yet.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope I kinda want to wait in one of those stupid lines just for the craziness of it it all.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By flindip

@boom_goes_the_dynamite: That will happen, even if you pre-order. Unless, of course, your getting it through an online service.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By bigjeffrey

Xbox ONE preordered

I like the PS4 but Xbox ONE has the games that i like to play.

JoeBigfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

PS4, I have a VITA so it was pretty much a no-brainer. Need to buy a TV first, or get my old TV shipped across.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By NegativeCero

No, I have learned from this gen that getting consoles within the first year is stupid (RRoD). I'll let early adopters deal with any potential defects while I wait for the inevitable sleeker slim model. At least that's what I'll have to keep telling myself because I have to admit, I'm kind of caught up in the hype and want to go for the PS4 early.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have a PS4 reserved on Amazon. Might switch to an Xbox One for Forza though. Not sure yet, I still have five months.

thugg1280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

going to sit this one out for about a year to see how the hardware go's for sony I don't even care about xbox one

CouncilSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@darkdragonmage99: I don't know. Cause you want to play the latest awesome games maybe?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#123  Edited By MEATBALL

I pre-ordered the WiiU before release. >.>

Very tempted to pre-order a PS4, but I'm thinking I'd be far better off to wait until InFamous Second Son hits, it'll give me more flexibility and longer to save, plus I'll hear about any potential issues.

Wakim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Wakim

I pre-ordered both through Amazon. I know I'm going to get both eventually for exclusives, so why not jump on early....

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#125  Edited By Blastroid

Since I don't care about used games and have a 24/7 internet connection I let the games decide. So I made a list of must buy games for me:

• (PS4) Infamous: Second Son
  • (XBO/PC) Titanfall
  • (PS4/XBO/PC) Battlefield 4
  • (PS4/XBO/PC) Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • (PS4/XBO/PC) Watch Dogs
  • (PS4/XBO) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • (WIIU/PC) Scribblenauts Unmasked
  • (PS4) Drive Club
  • (WIIU) Rayman Legends
  • (WIIU) Mario Kart 8
  • (PC) South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • (PS4/XBO/PC) Mirror's Edge 2

Since I have a decent PC and a Wii U if I order a PS4 I will not miss out on a single game I want. Titanfall was one reason I was going to pre-order a XBO but when I saw it was also available on the PC I was happy. I will still probably buy a Kinect 2 as I like to program and that hardware is amazing for $99.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#126  Edited By kerse

I don't pre-order anything.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never bought a console at launch. Good things come to those who wait.

ragintaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not yet. I have an Xbox One in my Amazon cart, just purely based on the exclusive games that were shown at E3. Titanfall (I don't have a gaming PC), Fantasia, Quantum Break, Dead Rising 3, and Forza all appeal way more to me than Infamous, Killzone, or Drive Club. The Order looks legitimately interesting, but without any details than just that trailer, that's not enough to quite sway me.

But I'm still torn. The online requirements and DRM are really not big deals to me, but Sony seems to be doing a lot right at the moment.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#130  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

No, haven't and likely won't pre-order, though I'll probably pick up an PS4 close to launch.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

nope!

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#132  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

PC.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By MannyMAR

Nah, I just bought a new graphics card. Plus, I felt burned buying launch consoles when both my X360 and PS3 died.

aretak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By aretak

Yes, I have a PS4 pre-ordered with Amazon.

All the talk of day one exclusives is silly IMO. Since when did anybody buy a console solely for the launch games? The PS3 has absolutely destroyed the 360 over the past few years when it comes to quality exclusive titles, and I have no reason not to believe that'll continue with the PS4 in the long run. Can't wait to see what Naughty Dog have planned in particular.

CouncilSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@darkdragonmage99: Not if the console's are sold out at launch due to pre-orders. If you don't have to, why wait to play the newest awesome games?

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#136  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I'll wait. My PCs & 360 will keep me happy until the air clears on the Consoles.