• 104 results
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By GunstarRed

Dead Space 3... it won't be the most disappointing, but it sure as hell will be the one people are loudest about.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By BaneFireLord

All y'all saying GTAV: fight me. Also, I cannot imagine a world in which South Park: The Stick of Truth doesn't end up sucking.

SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By SleepyDoughnut

Boy, what an positive and constructive topic for the new year you guys. Surely Tomb Raider will probably definitely be very disappointing perhaps

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By Animasta

@SleepyDoughnut said:

Boy, what an positive and constructive topic for the new year you guys. Surely Tomb Raider will probably definitely be very disappointing perhaps

well, how can you really do a prediction for best surprise topic?

most disappointing is merely the relationship between hype and the final product anyway

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By abendlaender

Disappointing as in "high hopes-bad game" or "just a bad game"?

Cause I don't have any hopes in Dead Space 3, so I wont name it (too late)

I think Star Wars 1313 will be average at best, Watchdogs might be disappointing and I don't think the Dark Souls lightning can strike a third time,

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By mnzy

That Gears of War game.

Digiwth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Digiwth

Bioshock Infinite!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Animasta

@Abendlaender: high hopes bad game.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Dacnomaniac

South Park: Stick of Truth? I really want that to be a good game...it looks amazing....

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By darkdragonmage99

Well I'm such a pessimist that I'm almost always pleasantly surprised by games

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#61  Edited By BeachThunder

@Animasta: Well how about a "game most deserving of the hype" thread? :P

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@AlisterCat

@atomic_dumpling said:

Charming, we have now "worst" and "most disappointing". Why not go all the way and use half-sized glasses and pretend full glasses are half-empty by default? This is entirely the wrong mindset when it comes to fun and games, I think.
Worcanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Worcanna

Watch dogs has a big change. It stunned quiet a lot of people. Heats on now.

Dead Space 3 wont do much i think. Unless its co-op is the second coming, DS2 didn't do a lot to help its name.

I think personally that it's going to be GTA5. Selling well doesn't mean its great and GTA4 left a lot more people sour to the games. With games like Saints Row and such picking up the comedy beat, this one feels lighter hearted (more a vice city kinda light hearted) which is great for me but i think fans have come to love the doom and gloom more now and i think it might end up miss timed. *Shrugs* I just have this feeling.

FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By FLYmeatwad

Thinking about what the Bombcast guys might pick, right? Perhaps Watch Dogs if it comes out, but I think that one only gets it if it because of how much people flipped out about the trailer. Looking at it realistically, and thinking back to the Bombcast conversations around E3 time, they didn't seem to be very excited about it.

Dead Space 3 is a good selection, though the guys already seem to have written it off in part. I know a few of them really liked DS2 though, so that's a possibility.

As others have said it seems like Bioshock Infinite is the choice that probably makes the most sense. It seems to me each time that the game has been mentioned on the podcast recently the guys talk about it like it's already a train wreck. I think especially how they have expressed concern that it's going to be too constrained, with those high flying through the air parts only being small confined areas that you can't do whenever you want. I have high hopes for the game, I'm sure the guys do too, it just comes across to me that they are already pretty skeptical about that game.

No shot The Last Of Us makes the list unless it's unplayable. There's a huge amount of (unwarranted, in my opinion) love for NaughtyDog in the world of Giant Bomb. Feel like DMC has a better shot at Best Surprise rather than disappointment.

The other choice should be MGSR:R, but I'm not sure there's much universal hype for it and I definitely don't think it's one of the most anticipated for the Giant Bomb guys. They've all mostly written off MGS, right?

Not sure Rockstar will drop the ball hard enough for GTA V to make it either. I'm really excited for it as well, and there's no reason to suspect that Rockstar is in decline anyway (aside from MP3, I guess, but that doesn't really count).

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Animasta

@BeachThunder said:

@Animasta: Well how about a "game most deserving of the hype" thread? :P

That's weird.

because you could point out a mid tier game that will not be great or terrible and has no hype and call that the winner of htat catagory.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it's kind of hard to say when we know almost none of the next gen games. For the time I'll say Dead Space 3.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By AngelN7

This is sad... I just want to play some great games this year so I think I'm done with "hyping" stuff.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By ArtisanBreads

DmC haters are the funniest people in the internet. I'll give them some of their complaints (like 60 fps) but hearing them outraged over the rich lore of previous DMC games is just hilarious.

As for disappointing, I have no idea. Wouldn't exactly be disappointing if I saw it coming. My only suspicion is Company of Heroes 2. It doesn't look all that different and I'm worried the cold mechanics and some things they've shown might just be tedious.

@Hippie_Genocide said:

I really don't want this to be true, but I have a feeling its going to be GTA V. GTA IV was a big letdown for me, but with a new title comes new optimism. I desperately want Rockstar to reclaim the glory days of the PS2 era GTA's, but I fear its just going to be IV all over again with multiple characters, which will probably mean much less freedom.

Have you been following the game? It's basically back to GTA SA levels of freedom and craziness. You can parachute, ride dirt bikes, hell, get in a damn submarine and explore the bottom of the ocean. You can hunt and apparently even use gasoline trails to blow shit up. If that is your concern I think you should not be worried at all.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Rainbowkisses

How can a game be the most disappointing if you already think it's going to be disappointing? Isn't disappointment about your expectations not being met? I don't understand this.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MezZa

Bioshock Infinite is my guess. I hope its good, but I have a feeling its going to feel a little stale at this point. Maybe Watch Dogs if it releases. Dead Space 3 seems like it'll be either disappointing or a pleasant surprise. Last of Us seems like another possibility.

Aterons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Aterons

Well, it depends from what pov you look at it.

Bioshock is very hyped, as pointed out by many people, but I don't give in to that hype much like I don't give in to the CoD or Halo or BF or LoL hype because I know I won't generally enjoy that kind of game genre/the franchise/the companies policies... etc.

If you consider disappointing as in: "how many people will whine about it on the internet" than it's likely DOTA 2 simply because there are dozens of millions of people who will play it and even if 10% will be disappointed by it that will still be one third of the number of the people that simply bought Bioshock.

If you consider it as in: "the % of the community that complains" than again it's likely going to be Starcraft HOTS or DOTA 2, but not because those games are actually disappointing in any way shape or form but because those communities are full of loud rose colored glasses wearing assholes that know jack about games.

And if you consider it as in: "the most disappointing for you"... well than it means you expect to be disappointed by the game so by definition you likely won't be since you already "expect" it to be worse than you wanted it to be.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By Hunter5024

I really think the Last of Us is gonna be kind of a let down, but I'm still letting myself get kind of excited for it.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#73  Edited By Phatmac

I can't wait to come back here and laugh at all of these comments about Bioshock Infinite being most disappointing. In Irrational we trust.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Phatmac said:

I can't wait to come back here and laugh at all of these comments about Bioshock Infinite being most disappointing. In Irrational we trust.

I'm with you. The development seems to have been a bit turbulent but do people forget how turbulent Red Dead was? Best game of the generation came out of that (IMO). Recent impressions sound like the game is really impressive.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Animasta

@Rainbowkisses said:

How can a game be the most disappointing if you already think it's going to be disappointing? Isn't disappointment about your expectations not being met? I don't understand this.

this was more for the GB award honestly.

I did not communicate this very well however!

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#76  Edited By Giantstalker

I don't feel ArmA 3 will grip the milsim community as strongly as ArmA 2 did. The futuristic scenario, the theatre of operations, and no-doubt steep system requirements all concern me as it could lead to the game "flaming out" really quickly. By that I mean not enough people will adopt or embrace it, creating a cycle where less people playing means less people are interested to play. Could end up with an ultra small or fractured community instead of the fairly large, vibrant one we have today.

Then again, since there are so few alternatives, we'll all eventually end up playing it anyway.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hatking

@obcdexter said:

Dead Space 3 is a contender, at least.

If anything, I feel that might end up being the opposite. People have this weird notion, or at least the reactions to the E3 footage, that the game will just be Gears of War or something. So, I feel like going in, expectations have been set somewhat low. Or, at least, not as high as they were for Dead Space 2. My thought is that they simply didn't know how, or didn't bother with, showing the plotting tense bits that are between the action moments. They wanted something flashy to show at the big event.

Also, I feel like people are remembering Dead Space a bit differently than it actually was. As a person who just played through both games this past Halloween, I can assure you it has plenty of its own action moments. Large rooms with no exits until you kill a certain number of enemies has been there from the start. If anything, they've just gotten better at directing and pacing the action.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Whitestripes09

I don't think I've ever played a game where I had the feelings of "oh well this is disappointing...", I tend to read a lot about the game before going out in purchasing it so I feel I know what to expect. The only feeling I ever got that from was maybe this year with Far Cry 3. Me and that game... just didn't really click I guess. If that Star Wars 1313 game is coming out this year then I'll have to say to say that that game will probably be disappointing. It looks too much like Uncharted and while the over top action scenes fit the Star Wars universe I'm just not really interested in playing a game that takes place on one floor of a massive planet.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#79  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Even if DMC is awful, I don't think it could be most disappointing because even the people who are excited for it aren't crazy excited for it.

Also, the game part of DMC isn't what looks not good, it's all the other stuff. I'm sure the game part of it will be fine.

I have no idea what'll be most disappointing.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#80  Edited By musubi
@MooseyMcMan

Even if DMC is awful, I don't think it could be most disappointing because even the people who are excited for it aren't crazy excited for it.

Also, the game part of DMC isn't what looks not good, it's all the other stuff. I'm sure the game part of it will be fine.

I have no idea what'll be most disappointing.

Well Im excited for it I would say crazy excited even. At this point the thing Im most looking forward too.
Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Klei

Last of Us. I can picture it being very, very scripted and will hold the player's hand way too much. Quite short, too. I fear it's going to have a lot of down-time. That said, I'm hoping to be super wrong.

DMC looks good.

Dead Space 3 too. Not because it has co-op, but because it's another sequel. It's going to lose its flair eventually.

Also, Watch Dogs won't release this year. I don't get how people can think it will. Haven't you learned what delays are, yet?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#82  Edited By Kidavenger

Voting for Watch Dogs, I think it will be a fine game, but it won't live up to what people are expecting from it's E3 showing.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Kidavenger said:

Voting for Watch Dogs, I think it will be a fine game, but it won't live up to what people are expecting from it's E3 showing.

I can get down with this to a degree. Like for example that traffic pile up he causes, I don't see that being dynamic at all. I think stuff like that will be heavily scripted and otherwise it will be mostly a standard open world action game.

That being said, I don't think the game releases this year anyways.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#84  Edited By musubi

Metal Gear Revengeance I really want to think this game will be fun but I dunno...Im skeptical. I really do want it to be good though.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#85  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I'm going to say Last Guardian because there's no way its not going to get canceled this year.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#86  Edited By toowalrus

It's a bold move... I'm gonna say The Last of Us. It looks fucking amazing, but knowing it's coming from the Uncharted 2 guys have produced expectations that may be... unreasonable. We'll see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I think people will go full on nuts for BioShock at first, and then I bet people will look on it disdainfully by December. That game looks exactly like BioShock, in that the primary thing they seem to be showing, the primary thing it has going for it, is an extreme art aesthetic. The actual gameplay mechanics look as loose and ungainly as they did in BioShock almost 6 years ago. Keep that in mind, this is the only thing those guys have done in 6 years. And they rarely talk about the gameplay experience, they're constantly talking about the narrative experience, or 'how you'll feel about Elizabeth'. I think they've spent more time drawing and redrawing Elizabeth's character model than they have tinkering with the gameplay until it feels like a 2013 game should feel. And I think that'll play out with people when it comes out; they'll marvel at the sights and sounds of Columbia, but that stuff doesn't last nearly as long as gameplay. Look at LA Noire.

So I fully expect BioShock to be disappointing and I won't be purchasing it. I will be purchasing Tomb Raider because I really want that game to be awesome, that game looks like the kind of game I would enjoy. ... But I have this feeling it's going to be fucked up somehow. Right now it kind of looks like Far Cry 3 in the third person... and I have a feeling when I pick it up it'll actually be a less polished Uncharted clone.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By bluefish

Tomb Raider is my bet. If not that, GTA V (for fans, I'm sure critics will love it)

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By hippie_genocide

Yo, check it - there's artists at Irrational that come up with Elizabeth's character design, and there's level and combat designers. And guess what, they aren't the same people. Not to mention her design hasn't changed that much - they just softened her look a little.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By slyspider

Watch dogs, maybe

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TheHT

Assassin's Creed 5

daleis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simcity.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

@daleis: That looks like the clear favorite now. It seemed that most people were very disappointed in the way that game turned out. For Giant Bomb, this has to be the guys' most disappointing game of 2013 as of right now, with Dead Space 3 coming in second.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By pr1mus

SimCity is a fine choice for disappointing game so far.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By BisonHero

SimCity, though for Brad personally, possibly Dead Space 3.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

This is an old thread. I bet Bioshock infinite takes it. At least for me.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@daleis: That looks like the clear favorite now. It seemed that most people were very disappointed in the way that game turned out. For Giant Bomb, this has to be the guys' most disappointing game of 2013 as of right now, with Dead Space 3 coming in second.

There's the thread necro.

How did you even look up this thread?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knack, calling it now.

Digiwth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digiwth said:

Bioshock Infinite!

lmao this guy is a dumbass

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By JZ

DMC can't possibly count as disappointing, because you had to be hype for it to begin with. Thousands of people hatred DMC for 3 years before it even came out.