superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By superfriend

@Aufaber said:

Followed Jeff and Ryan from Gamespot and it worked out great, i'm sure this will work out too. Glad you're staying independent, change is fun and exciting!

I don´t know that I would call this move "staying independent".. it might not be the end of the world, but being owned by CBS doesn´t exactly say "independent" to me.

petervs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#202  Edited By petervs

Wish you guys all the best

i hope you make shit loads of cash

and as Jeff says keeping it real !!

cool8752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By cool8752

As long as you guys keep doing what you do i'll be cool with this change.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#204  Edited By nick_verissimo

This almost feels like I have a child and they are moving away and going to University. Time to fly away little bird. Make us proud!

superscatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By superscatman

@bricewgilbert: Exactly my thoughts. Some people are too cynical.

Liam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Liam89

This question keeps popping up ,so I would really like an answer to it

Will the forums pe separated as in GB forums on GB and not the same forums as is the case of gamefaqs?

Also why isn't someone replying , there's quite a lot of agitation and people canceling their subscriptions because there are no answers to why these things happened in the first place.(why you can't stay independent any more)?

Avatar image for posttimeskipsam
posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#207  Edited By posttimeskipsam

I am very excited. Congrats!

Javes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Javes

Shelby Bonnie, founder of Whiskey Media, is a venture capitalist. His goal from the outset was to create a brand, give it value, then sell it when it becomes big. This was the plan all along. I'm optimistic that a Giant Bomb with a parent company with more resources will only make for more fun and interesting content that we've all grown to love.

Avatar image for nocturnusfatalis
NocturnusFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does being owned by CBS like GS mean you can't say fuck anymore?

Rudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#210  Edited By Rudy

Dave: All I want to know is if I'll be able to continue to enjoy Giant Bomb's new content via your excellent Roku channel. If I have to begin watching all of your content via my PC again I'm going to have to cry myself to sleep tonight. I hope you guys can show Gamespot what they can do when their content can be more easily distributed directly to people's non HTPC living rooms.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By prestonhedges

@Liam89 said:

Will the forums pe separated as in GB forums on GB and not the same forums as is the case of gamefaqs?

Also why isn't someone replying , there's quite a lot of agitation and people canceling their subscriptions because there are no answers to why these things happened in the first place.(why you can't stay independent any more)?

They don't like answering questions. Especially to people who gave them money, apparently.

unordinarily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By unordinarily

@Liam89: Patrick has stated on his formspring that the GB forums will be separate.

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#213  Edited By vonFlampanker

Regarding the way the site looks and feels, there's a definite respect for visual integrity and craft apparent on GB that's not at all part of the GameSpot/GameFAQs experience. Those sites look and feel awful. Content integrity is important, but the aesthetic of the site shouldn't be ignored.

My question: Are you taking steps to make sure any redesigns maintain the visual integrity you've worked hard to establish?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at all concerned by this, but I trust you guys, I love what you've built here and will be sticking around. Thanks.

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#214  Edited By kieran_smith5

Great News!

Avatar image for krystal_sackful
Krystal_Sackful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Krystal_Sackful

I AM MAD.

CBS will ruin everything. The GB crew keeps it mad real and I am certain that the big wigs won't let them shit all over the Kinect and give bad reviews for big releases.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#216  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
@NocturnusFatalis said:

Does being owned by CBS like GS mean you can't say fuck anymore?

Jeff said he explicitly asked for cursing approval, and got it.
SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By SpaceRunaway

Thanks to Patrick for his formspring efforts, it clears up a lot of the initial fears I had.

I'm still going to need to hear more about the changes to the subscription model, as it seems that the reasoning I used to sign up is kind of invalidated now. I guess there's nothing to do but wait.

Hopefully we'll be able to "gift" our Gamespot Total Access codes.

squirrelwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By squirrelwizard

All news articles will be separated by one paragraph per page.

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#219  Edited By vager

Are you and going to be at the helm of the new site redesign? I sure do hope so!

What you, Alexis and done with the front-end of these websites have inspired me to no end. With out that inspiration I wouldn't be the crazy passionate web designer that I am today. Hell, I probably wouldn't even be in the field if it weren't for you guys.

You are all absolutely fantastic at what you do and I inspire to become just as good.

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Th3irdEye

By "features on the other sites will continue to work" do you mean subscriber features? How would that work if money is only going to giantbomb/comicvine?

Hemlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Hemlock

Thanks for the info Dave, I am so so happy and excited for you guys.

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By paulwade1984

The beginning of the end right here folks.

Somebody just made a mint selling off whiskey.

Vash108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#223  Edited By Vash108

I just want to know where the subscriber money goes when it switches over. My sub is still active till next January.

darkjester74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By darkjester74

I appreciate you guys giving us this transparency, its important to know whats going on.

Having said that, I will say this: I left GameSpot and came to Giant Bomb for a very specific reason: the quality of the content and the community. As long as GB remains GB, all is well. If, however, the corporate sleaze of GS somehow makes it way into this site, I will sadly have to leave. That will be a very sad day indeed, please don't let it happen guys!

Expansion and growth is important for any business, just keep doing what you guys do best and everything will be OK.

proggykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By proggykins

I will not be renewing my membership.

GeedAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By GeedAwesome

I'm paid through Oct but had to cancel. I can't take the chance GB will be the same by then...cause I know it probably won't be.

DeadBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By DeadBob

No matter who owns the site, giant bomb is still the same site. Thx for the answers

MrWiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By MrWiggles

@gladspooky: @gladspooky said:

@Liam89 said:

They don't like answering questions. Especially to people who gave them money, apparently.

Or maybe they've just announced a huge deal and they have questions coming from all over the place. Your sense of entitlement to an answer because of your $5 dollars a month is stupid.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By SeanFoster

Will the language and content be toned down? I really, really appreciate that you guys have very loose content policies, that you're not afraid to show the rape scene from Phantasmagoria or use adult language in podcast. It makes me feel like you guys are my peers, a quality I really appreciate in the site. I'd hate to see the the site become PG-13.

luchadeer797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By luchadeer797

so is vinny staying with whiskey media?

Duh_ave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Duh_ave

I trust you guys, but I am very, very worried.

Please don't betray that trust.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By dtat

So does "Whiskey Media" still exist as a brand? I understand that the individual sites of GB and CV are leaving. But do Tested and Screened and whatever new sites still remain under the Whiskey name?

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Robo

I'm optomistic, and if there's anyone I can trust to stand up for themselves and their brand, it's Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, Brad, etc. but I can't help but worry about the future of this.

Sure, it seems fine now and you guys keep saying there are no plans to change...but that's as far as you go. "No plans."

Of course there are "no plans" to change the formula. But that doesn't reassure me that later down the line some suit writing yall's paychecks won't be like, "Hey, we have some ideas for the direction of your site..." or, "Our advertisers would like you to tone down the content a little." or even, "So we've been thinking, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have you guys and GameSpot BOTH around..."

Hopefully there's some contract with clauses specifically protecting you from those sorts of things, and hopefully it's just my inherent distrust of corporations these days leading me to those ideas.

Whatever happens, I'll be sticking around for the ride. Y'all haven't done me wrong yet. I wish you nothing but the best going ahead,

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#235  Edited By falling_fast

I am kind of worried that at some point the cbs management will change, and new people will step in and impose their "vision" on giantbomb. This sort of thing happens a lot in the corporate world, so I think it's a legitimate concern. can you give us any assurance that that can't happen?

I mean, I trust in Jeff and the rest of the crew to have gotten a good deal for now, but what about down the line?

MrWiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By MrWiggles

@GeedAwesome said:

I'm paid through Oct but had to cancel. I can't take the chance GB will be the same by then...cause I know it probably won't be.

That makes no sense at all. You cant know something that hasn't happened yet, why don't you wait and see.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Sambambo

@gladspooky said:

@Liam89 said:

Instead of being a cunt, why not just wait a bit?

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#238  Edited By billyhoush

Is this why you guys were selling cheaper memberships?

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By BBQBram

@ussbutte said:

So, does this mean that the new GiantBomb won't have "premium" content, or that it will, but the billing will happen by way of Gamespot's premium service?

Yeah, how's that gonna work?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#240  Edited By Legend

My annual subscription ends on Sept 12, 2013. Questions:

1. If I cancel my subscription now, will I still receive a GS Total Access subscription?

2. Is my GS Total Access subscription going to be from April 15, 2012 to Sept 12, 2013?

3. Will there still be weekly or biweekly subscriber-only content on GB until my subscription expires? What about Tested?

4. What about other subscription features (mobile site, HD video... etc)?

MrWiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By MrWiggles

@seanfoster said:

Will the language and content be toned down? I really, really appreciate that you guys have very loose content policies, that you're not afraid to show the rape scene from Phantasmagoria or use adult language in podcast. It makes me feel like you guys are my peers, a quality I really appreciate in the site. I'd hate to see the the site become PG-13.

Thats explained in the video. Swearing will still be there.

The_son_of_X51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By The_son_of_X51

: I was just wondering if there could be some clarification as to the membership across all sites. Will I now have to pay for premium content on Tested and Screened seperate from GB and Comic Vine, or will they continue to be linked?

Also, pardon if this was asked already, but I just recently had my membership renewed, and I was wondering if that meant that I would be eligible for the Gamespot membership as well, or if it only applied to new subscribers/ subscribers who renew past the 15th?

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By cheesebob

@seanfoster: They expressed very clearly in the video that they weren't

Skronk61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Skronk61

I would follow the Giant Bomb crew to the gates of HELL!!! Lead on good sirs.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By NegativeCero

No Tested and Screened might be a deal breaker from me. And I don't want any outside influence to change the "do whatever" attitude that made Whiskey so great. I'm on the fence.

Edit: Holy crap! Tested is going to work with the Mythbusters! This is even worse, I'm not going to pay for two memberships, so I'll have to chose.

JauntyHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#246  Edited By JauntyHat

I'm legitimately concerned at this announcement. This is like the splitting of some big fictional family for me.

shodan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#247  Edited By shodan2020

I trust you guys. LET'S DO THIS! :)

MrWiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By MrWiggles

@JauntyHat said:

I'm legitimately concerned at this announcement. This is like the splitting of some big fictional family for me.

Yea its a shame that tested wont be in the building, but Jeff said they will definitely involve will and norm in future stuff.

TadThuggish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

#249  Edited By TadThuggish

I do not want a GameSpot anything.

Revell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers