Premium video content

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By swordstruck

Perhaps this isn't the right avenue to approach this, and I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just curious if we could get an update on the general strategy of what we should expect going forward in terms of premium video content? It seems all of the once premium shows are now just going up on YouTube (GrubbSnax, Very Online Show, Voicemail Dump Truck, Silent Hill, video Bombcast, etc.), and UPF seems like the only thing we get now and even that has been streaming on Twitch.

Even if UPF on Twitch had to do with internal video player changes, it seems the strategy is shifting toward everything but that just going up for free on YouTube. I'm not trying to say what is or isn't worth the price of premium, I'm really just asking for an update on what the subscription gets us if possible - because it seems like that's changed and hasn't been communicated.

Trevor_A-train

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Trevor_A-train

Been curious about this as well. The Bombcast has been going out to Twitch live for the past 7 or 8 weeks now and I assumed at first it was player issues (and maybe it still is) but any sort of update would be nice to have.

deer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I pay Premium for the adfree Podcast feed and UPF archives at this point. Since Albummer is also free that makes Grubbsnax live about the only Premium show I catch live. But... I'd probably still pay 50 bucks a year for that, compared to most patreons that's still a great deal.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By csl316

While I'm pretty satisfied with the mix of stuff these days, I'm surprised to see how much is up on Youtube for free.

Granted, last year the criticism was too much was premium. So the proper balance still isn't quite there.

Seems like live shows are a premium incentive, but as someone that rarely watches stuff live I'm curious how much of a Roman Reigns needle mover that is. Sometimes this site needs a reminder that not everyone works from home during the week.

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, happy to pay for premium to get ad free podcast and to download stuff to watch later.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AV_Gamer

I actually respect that they are putting some of their premium shows up for free. Though, I think a major reason for this is that the website has been having issues lately, like Jeff complaining that he is constantly getting signed out of stuff and so on. Jeff Gubb with Grubb Snax has been having issues as well putting up his show where some people can't watch or listen to it. As far as I can tell, UPF has continued to be a premium show and that hasn't changed at all, as well as some of their other premium content like the Silent Hill feature with Jan and Jess.

Oh yeah, the sign out issues is also happening to a lot of members too, myself included.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@av_gamer: Silent Hills goes up on YouTube even though you need premium to watch it on the site. The most recent one was even streamed on Twitch. UPF has been on Twitch recently as well but that seems to have been a one time thing. UPF seems to be the only premium video content now.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#8 FinalDasa  Moderator

@swordstruck: Unless something has changed I believe the Twitch streams are due to issues with the site video player.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By swordstruck

@finaldasa: that doesn’t really explain the full question. Premium shows are going up on YouTube for free even though you still need premium to watch the upload here. Silent Hills for example, or the bombcast VODs, the latest playdate, etc.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

@swordstruck: that's a staff question, I was just speaking to the reason for streaming only on Twitch lately