- The image will tile. If you don't want it to tile, use a image that is very wide (1900 pixels).
- The image will be partially covered up by the header of the site. If you want something to show up perfectly aligned, make sure adjust your image to be lower then header.
- I've included an option fade for those that can't find high rez artwork. Just place your art below the fade layer and it will give you a natural fade out when being viewed on high rez monitors.
- Remember that part of your background will be partially covered by navigation, don't think of this as a limitation, but as an opportunity to "hide" characters behind that nav.
- Don't forget to hide the header and icon layer on your PSD before you save. Use the "Save as Web" option if you have photoshop and use a 70% compression JPG to make sure you get a cool image that won't take too long to download.
Can we please have an option to have the background not tile? I've put up my banner at the 1900px size but at my res I can still see it wrapping around. I guess I could make the image even bigger. Also, the banner shows up at the bottom of the page...which I can't fix by making the image larger. :P
Pleaaaase? :D :D :D
@bollard: Backgrounds were always just the top strip of profiles. You can see this in the other old profile background threads like this one - http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/editing-tools-820/editing-your-profile-page-guide-by-methos-236973/
Please Log In to post.