ps3 game you think are underrated

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thesonygamer12

what ps3 game dont you think dont get enough attention by the public heres mine(your only aloud to chooe 1)

mines probebly atelier totori since its like one of my fav game ever and noone talk about it

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Folklore. It was a launch game I think, back when the PS3 "had no games". I got my PS3 with it and ended up enjoying it immensely, as the combat and setting were really unique. I love that type of Irish folklore so it was really interesting for me to go through it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

lol

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

From the games i played, easily last years Sly Cooper Thieves in Time. I dont know if its underrated, but it was pretty much ignored. I never played a Sly Cooper game before, and while it may not have done anything new it looked, played and sounded great and was surprised at the ending.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

Folklore. It was a launch game I think, back when the PS3 "had no games". I got my PS3 with it and ended up enjoying it immensely, as the combat and setting were really unique. I love that type of Irish folklore so it was really interesting for me to go through it.

it wasnt a launch title really since the ps3 started in 2006 in the us folklore came out in 2007

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@me3639 said:

From the games i played, easily last years Sly Cooper Thieves in Time. I dont know if its underrated, but it was pretty much ignored. I never played a Sly Cooper game before, and while it may not have done anything new it looked, played and sounded great and was surprised at the ending.

most E rated games get ignored because aparently E means the games are for kids only which is aload of bullcrap

E rated games are for all ages (the ones rated eC are for kids only)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6aa5db70cc5
deactivated-5e6aa5db70cc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tokyo Jungle needs more attention.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tokyo Jungle needs more attention.

i need to play tokyo jungle

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'll tell you what game is overrated, Flower.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll tell you what game is overrated, Flower.

not really compared to journey its overlooked as hell

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Halo.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I thought Resistance 3 was a really good game but apparently most people didn't, or didn't care enough to go try it.

Halo.

Forget that, man, what about Fuzion Frenzy?

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By agentboolen

I enjoyed Heavenly Sword about 2 years ago allot like gow but with a chick, seemed to be less appreciated. Not as long as gow but no means did I feel cheated when I beat it.

I also liked the motostorm games, they were amazing arcade racers that didn't get much appreciation.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

@agentboolen: I remember trying MotorStorm way back then. It seemed pretty cool, but then it was totally forgotten by the public despite releasing more sequels.

Didn't they even release a PS2/PSP MotorStorm at some point? What's up with that?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By BabyChooChoo
"The greatest game nobody played." - God

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People seemed really dismissive of Beyond: Two Souls when it came out. Everyone lost their shit over Broken Age a few months later, but Beyond made far greater strides in modernizing the adventure genre.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By agentboolen

@lordandrew: yea I think it really was hurt by low ps3 sales due to that $600 price tag. I actually think both these series I listed were hurt by that same reason. Bad timing for both series imo.

For motostorm all 3 ps3 games were fun and I think the reason they had ps2/psp game was to capture a audience that didn't make the upgrade yet. I played the psp version which was same game as the ps2 game and it was the same quality as the ps3 games. Fun but visuals were ps2 quality not ps3 quality of course.

Sony royally screwed up with the ps3 in the beginning, any Motostorm game is worth a purchase imo if your interested.

I actually really would like to see the Motostorm series on the ps4, I don't think it's gonna happen but for low sales I think Sony is to blame.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The greatest game nobody played." - God

still not as ignored as atelier totori though

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@notdavid said:

People seemed really dismissive of Beyond: Two Souls when it came out. Everyone lost their shit over Broken Age a few months later, but Beyond made far greater strides in modernizing the adventure genre.

But David Cage wasn't involved in Broken Age...

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bigsocrates  Online

@notdavid said:

Broken Age was sold as a throwback. A Tim Schafer adventure game like old times. People would have been up in arms if they did too much to "Modernize" things. And people didn't like Beyond Two Souls because they didn't like the story (Didn't play it, can't comment.) With an adventure game gameplay mostly exists to support the story. There are some exceptions, like games with tons of great interesting puzzles, but from what I heard Beyond Two Souls wasn't puzzle heavy. i imagine playing through Walking Dead Season 1 if it hadn't had a good story, and then I imagine turning it off immediately because it would have been really really dull.

Broken Age also had great art, while Beyond Two Souls was graphically impressive but more in a technical than artistic way.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yummylee

OK serious answer:

No Caption Provided

Though it's not so much 'underrated' but rather nobody fucking played it -- no help from Sony's typically spectacular marketing, mind. It's at least gone (or going to be) up on the US PS+, though, so that's something.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bigsocrates  Online

@yummylee:

I need to play Puppeteer. I bought it cheap off PSN but it went into my backlog and hasn't escaped yet. From what I've seen and read about it it has a bit of a Dynamite Headdy vibe, and I love Dynamite Headdy.

But yeah, Sony really left it out there to die, to the point where I'm not even sure why it was made/brought over. It's unusual for a game that reviews relatively well to get so little support, though I guess not THAT unusual for Sony.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notdavid: Beyond sucks and Broken Age is great. There's nothing ironic there.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: this game just came on ps+ this month in eu so hopefully more people will play it
having said that, im sorry to say that its freaking boring i dont get the appeal

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@me3639: again just my opinion. but its really boring. all the sly cooper games have been kinda boring and mindless except for sly 1 that game was amazing. and sly 3 was okay.
it was also free in eu's version of ps+ last month

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grillbar said:

@yummylee: this game just came on ps+ this month in eu so hopefully more people will play it

having said that, im sorry to say that its freaking boring i dont get the appeal

The gameplay is rather simplistic, but everything to do with the presentation is superb. Simply fantastic art with a lot of variety, the soundtrack's highly evocative, and both the story and the voice acting are charming. Plus, its boss battles rival that of God of War they're so visually rich and grand in scale. While the gameplay is still a little rudimentary, however, the act of cutting through the impressive cloth physics I enjoyed the whole way through.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

OK serious answer:

No Caption Provided

Though it's not so much 'underrated' but rather nobody fucking played it -- no help from Sony's typically spectacular marketing, mind. It's at least gone (or going to be) up on the US PS+, though, so that's something.

meh puppeteer didnt really interest me that much but yeah i do agree with ya

but i do see this game developing a cult following