PS3 or Xbox 360? Which one do you prefer? and why?

• 62 results
XuShin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By XuShin
XuShin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By XuShin

Like I have said in a previous post I was a Xbox 360 supporter but now I'm moving to PS3 cause honestly I think it's Sonys time to shine...why, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 5 is on it's way so is God Of War 3, and lets not forget Final Fantasy XIII and the games keep coming for the PS3 while Xbox 360 well really hasn't shown me anything yet to bring me back.

Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Calidreth

PS3, because I don't have to worry about it crapping out every few months or so.

XuShin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XuShin

Hey thats always a good reason

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

if the ps3 and xbox360 were humans, the ps3 would kick the shit out of the xbox360.

its been proven...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

I like the Xbox 360 better on every front, aside for longevity.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero

PS3 has HD support without having to get an Elite, which I like, but Xbox has much better online, yet you have to pay... I dunno man, I don't own a PS3 but right now I want some HD and I don't want to get a whole new 360

joey2683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joey2683

Xbox 360, It's cheaper and games look just as good or better than ps3. I agree the ps3 is more capable, Killzone 2 and Mgs4 were developed exclusively for ps3 thats why they are at a level beyond 360. Buuuuttt, there just isn't enough to convince me to jump ship.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Godwind

From a neutral standpoint each has their own standpoint

The Xbox360 is in the overall a cheaper console and easily more accessible.

The PS3 does offer a nicer overall package.  Plus it has more exclusives while the Xbox360 is going to dwindle thanks to the loss of exclusives to the PC, the Wii and PS3.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By BigBoss1911

PS3,great exclusive games,decent (FREE) online,reliable system,blue ray player.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

The 360, mainly because I own it. I'd get a PS3, but sorry, too expensive, and not enough games interest me as much as other consoles have.

Blinck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Blinck

This thread can only go the wrong way...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

There both great!  They each have a great lineup.  Both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By hinderk

I prefer my PS3 a little over my 360. Both have great games I just tend to enjoy PS3 exclusives a little more than the 360's

Blinck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blinck
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"Blinck said:
"This thread can only go the wrong way...

dude, shut the fuck up. there's no fanboyism here. we are only discussing why we prefer one system over the other. so stop drawing attention to yourself you douche"

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

X box 360 because i have a PS2 and it works fine. So why the Hell would i want to upgrade to a over priced PS3???

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Vinchenzo

Fuck.

XuShin said:

"Like I have said in a previous post I was a Xbox 360 supporter but now I'm moving to PS3 cause honestly I think it's Sonys time to shine...why, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 5 is on it's way so is God Of War 3, and lets not forget Final Fantasy XIII and the games keep coming for the PS3 while Xbox 360 well really hasn't shown me anything yet to bring me back."
Do you know what's going to happen to this thread? It's going to crash and burn. I hope a mattress falls on you. One of those really hard mattresses with no springs. Plus it has bed bugs inside, but there's a break in the mattress right near your mouth. So you can't move, and they crawl in. They then nest in your mouth for the next few weeks, and you occasionally eat a couple keeping you alive. But still suffering.
randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By randiolo
Blinck said:
"LiveOrDie1212 said:
"Blinck said:
"This thread can only go the wrong way...

dude, shut the fuck up. there's no fanboyism here. we are only discussing why we prefer one system over the other. so stop drawing attention to yourself you douche"

No Caption Provided
"
the same goes for you too.
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Gmanall

LBP is on PS3 nuff said

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CactusWolf

I don't have a preference. I use my PS3 the most because I don't like bothering to switch out or drag around both consoles when I travel. Generally speaking I keep my 360 around for exclusives.

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By DevilishSix

For 3 years it was 360 but since the beginning of the year I have been impressed with Sony's first party developers and the exclusives it has and has coming.  Microsoft has alienated or eliminated all their best first party developers (Ensemble, FASA, Bungie are all gone)  so their first party development is a joke and with the recent announcement of Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to PS3 I have learned that no third party game is really exclusive to 360 except Gears and Crackdown.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By gingertastic_10

i think the xbox is better, i think it has better games, but i am also becomeing more neutral on this matter..the ps3 is growing on me

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Yit

points.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By REDRUN

Godwind's avatar FTW... i like bewbs.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Diamond

360, but I like PS3 a lot too.

Reasons :
1. I have a backup 360 because it broke more off the bat, my PS3 has died once but I don't want to spend the money for a backup yet.
2. I have a warranty directly from MS, when my PS3 broke I had to pay $150 to get it fixed, it's already out of warranty again.  Sony offers no such warranty.
3. Multiplatform games almost always have a slight graphical edge on 360.
4. I'm more invested in achievements than trophies (41K versus level 5).
5. For most game genres, I prefer the 360 controllers over the PS3 controllers.
6. If my 360 dies I simply take off the HDD and put it on a new system, if my PS3 dies I have to restore all my save files (for the games that allow it) from a memory card.

Reasons I prefer PS3 :
1. I highly prefer the patch system, being able to manually delete patches or store a patch on the HDD for as long as you like (no temporary patch caching)
2. Region free games

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Teh_Eel

PS3 because I prefer the controller, online is not a big issue for me considering I rarely play online on a console (PC FTW) but if I did then the 360 has better online. PS3 exclusives are more interesting for me such as ratchet and clank, uncharted and MGS4.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CL60

Anybody who says PS3 controller is better fails instantly.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
CL60 said:
"Anybody who says PS3 controller is better fails instantly."

i think they meant better for him or her, not better in quality or anything. its just a personal preference. for me personally, i find the ps3 controller to be much more comfortable and thinks the 360 conroller is shit. but hey, its only my personal preference.
s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By s-a-n-JR

PS3.

In my opinion: better quality of build, better overall exclusives, better controller.

Also, free online.

SuperZamrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SuperZamrod

Xbox 360.  It's cheaper, has better games, and much better online functionality. 

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Pkshields

PS3 for me, In general I just think it is better hardware, better exclusives (even if they are all first party), and stuff like free online always helps

bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By bartholomew999

PS3 for me, but I loved my 360 Elite, until it started doing "bad" things and I sold it before it crapped out.

I love movies so the Blu-Ray was one of the biggest selling points, along with the software lineup.  Still I missed out on Gears 2, and Fable 2 and that's me cry sometimes...

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pibo47
bolsita_de_te said:
"There both great!  They each have a great lineup.  Both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses."
WHOA WHOA WHOA! You're in the wrong topic. You should say how much  the 360 or the PS3 sucks and you own the other because its perfect. But i am also in the wrong topic because im in total agreement with you.
P.S. i voted 360. Mainly because whenever i play a game, its on that. I love my PS3, but right now its my KZ2 player. I really want the infamous game...after a review form the bomb of giants though. Oh yeah, all my friends use their 360 the most, so i can talk to them and all that sutff. MMMMmmmm....kz2 time.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#35  Edited By AgentJ

The 360, because most of the games i actually want are either multiconsole or exclusively(or formerly exclusively) XBOX, not to mention the PS3 controller is one of the worst controllers ive ever held. Id probably want a PS3 if I could get one with backwards compatability and it wasnt quite as exspensive, but unfortunately that isnt the case. 

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By eclipsesis

PS3 i don't know, it has the most mature community, and i have always been with Sony, and  has better exclusive in my opinion.  

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By suneku

Wow it's exactly 50-50 right now

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By Time_Lord

I like the Xbox 360 for games mainly for pionts and also xbox live. I use the PS3 as a media center machine and any exclusives on it.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By Jeust

People don't try to show you opinion as a object truth... it's hardly.

It's true that the PS3 lineup is getting better, but... it's doesn't appear brilliant to me.

I like fable, and mostly games that are from 3rd parties... and on those sides the ps3 has yet to shine.

The only downside for the xbox it's really the hardware, but luckly or not as much, i got a resident evil limited edition and it doesn't seem to heat a lot. So i'm cool with it.

So i'm for the XBOX 360.

cheers
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By CenturionCajun

I have both consoles and I love them. Personally the 360 is my platform of choice. All multi-platform games I want I'll pick up on the 360. The controller just feels natural to me, I like the Xbox Live network, and XBLA has some good stuff. Plus I much prefer Achievements to trophies. I prefer the number system in comparison to the trophy scheme.

The PS3 I have for the Blu Ray capability and to play exclusives. LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Killzone, and Metal Gear Solid are all incredible games which any true gamer needs to at least try.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By papercut

360 cause i have it, but I really want a PS3 now. I feel the catalog has filled up nicely.

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ouroboros

Clearly nothing good can come out of threads like this - I will throw some fuel into the flame war fire though, 360 all the way.  Some reasons off the top of my head include not enough exclusives on the PS3 that makes it worth while, the removal of backwards compatability with the PS2 in newer models and finally most if not all the games that come on both sytems the 360 version is almost always better

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lashe

360 for pretty much most of my gaming, PS3 for exclusives, Blu-Ray, Linux Box and general media player.

PS3's a better machine, 360's a better for gaming imo, so I'll go with 360.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By get2sammyb

Rather interesting: well done guys for not arguing firstly.

Also secondly, is anyone else starting to notice much more acceptance for the PS3 these days?

I kinda want Sony to drop the price just to see what happens.

Rizla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rizla

Right now ps3, simply because i cant think of anythin to realy look foward to on the x360. While infamous and drakes are lookin  like day 1s for me. Also im a big fan of nobby nobby and rag doll kong fu sized games and i can realy only get my fill of those on PSN at the moment.

Rizla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Rizla

just useing logic, i dont think th exlusive thing works anymore... my x360 has been getin dusty while my ps3 has been playing Killzone 2 for a while now. The whole no exlusives argument was valid in the first and mabey even second year but i realy dont think it works anymore.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By oldschool

I have a 360 and no PS3.

I vote PS3.

Reason?
The PS3 is massively superior hardware.  Simple as that.  It also has no region lock and that means a lot to me.

The 360 on the other is noisy, has a region lock and quite simply the most unreliable piece of machinery since the Ford Pinto.  It is as subtle as a Russian vehicle.

Why do I have a 360 then?
The PS3 is $300 Au more than I am willing to pay for it and the library borders on snooze city.

The 360 is the same cost as a Wii (so reasonable) and has a library still worthwhile, despite all the shooting games I dislike.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hitchenson

Xbox 360, I've got a PS3. And honestly, wish I never wasted my cash on it. 

EDIT: Why so many X or X? threads? They're useless...
muesli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By muesli

Last time I turned on my Wii: July 2008
Last time I turned on my PS3: October 2008
Times I turned on my 360 since then: Pretty much daily.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By iamjohn

360.  Better controller and Live is 1000 times better than PSN.

Why are we having this stupid fanboy system war thread again?  They're both fine, shut up.