PS4 Game Recommendations

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Hi All,

I finally caved and bought a PS4 Pro with two games, COD: Infinite Warfare and Watch Dogs 2. I have since got myself Fallout 4, Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Syndicate and COD: Advanced Warfare.

I haven't been gaming much in the last few years due to starting a new career and I am hoping to get back into it with this console. I'm pretty excited to be honest.

My questions are: What games have I missed out on that I can now get cheap? I will be getting Uncharted 4 at some point but as I am in no rush I'll wait for it to drop in price a bit. What are some absolute must haves?

Is it worth getting PS Plus and if so, where is the best/cheapest place to get it?

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

There are almost too many to mention, if you haven't played The Last of Us get the PS4 remaster.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NTM

Yep, The Last of Us Remaster if you hadn't played the original PS3 version. I feel that since we're talking PS4, it's best to mention exclusives (unless you haven't played anything from this gen). Bloodborne is one that comes to mind. Considering you hadn't played many games within the past few years, it's very hard to recommend a game, because the list just goes on. What looks most interesting to you right now? I'll tell you if it's good, and trust me, I know. My word is as good as fact. Ha ha.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By csl316

Abzu was quite good.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@mrfizzy said:

Hi All,

I finally caved and bought a PS4 Pro with two games, COD: Infinite Warfare and Watch Dogs 2. I have since got myself Fallout 4, Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Syndicate and COD: Advanced Warfare.

I haven't been gaming much in the last few years due to starting a new career and I am hoping to get back into it with this console. I'm pretty excited to be honest.

My questions are: What games have I missed out on that I can now get cheap? I will be getting Uncharted 4 at some point but as I am in no rush I'll wait for it to drop in price a bit. What are some absolute must haves?

Is it worth getting PS Plus and if so, where is the best/cheapest place to get it?

To each their own, but if you're a COD fan, Black Ops 3 was the best COD multiplayer in years. An even better idea would be the game the developers of Modern Warfare 1 and 2 worked on lately, a little title called Titanfall 2.

Then again, if you don't have Plus, perhaps you're not playing these games for the multiplayer. If that's the case, then I really would avoid playing the Black Ops 3 campaign. TF2 single player is still pretty good, though.

I'd also highly recommend The Witcher 3, if you're at all a fan of RPGs.

As for Plus, I'd skip it until you see some games that interest you for that month. Here's the current lineup:

Loading Video...

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Shivoa

Plus is required for online but if you're not interested in that then you'll not find the monthly games really add that much if you're only going for AAA PS4. As someone with a Vita and PS3 then it gets into far more of an enticing offer outside of online play.

As for games, there have been so many great releases that came to the PS4 this year (Nier, Horizon etc). From above: Witcher 3, Bloodborne, tLoU Remastered (even if you only missed the DLC, it's worth grabbing that port). Hitman (2016), MGS V? Here are some of my highlights of each year (for PS4):

Mafia III, The Division, Rez Infinite, Dishonored 2, & Thumper.

Life is Strange, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (note: walking simulator, only buy if you want to listen to a radio drama while slowly walking around English countryside), Until Dawn, DiRT Rally.

Let's go back to launch window and some games that should be really cheap. Killzone: Shadow Fall was not for everyone, I found a great game (HL2 meets FEAR) in there if you play within the constraints of the trophies. The inFamous games (Second Son & First Light) are not perfect but there's something there if you want some fun traversal around Seattle. Jazzpunk got a port recently. No one here likes DriveClub so probably give that a miss but I'll also say that there are plenty of people (like me) who found lots to love about how that game gives a sim-like experience with super-powered brakes and an amazing day/night cycle and dynamic weather on a track-based driving title.

GTA V is still a good version of that game if you've not played it since it launched on PS3/360 and want to poke at a more detailed version and the online side. The Swapper got ported up is is great. Gone Home (another walking simulator) got ported. Are you good at IQ tests and similar pattern-matching tasks? The Witness is a good game for making you feel smart.