PS5 issues been fixed?

Rentagosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does anyone know or have any updates on whether the PS5 external storage and rest mode issues have been fixed? I’m scared to try them out for myself so just have been shutting down every time as opposed to rest mode. My PS4 games are on external hooked up to the PS4, but would like to bring them over if I’m not going to brick my system or have constant errors.

Not sure if everyone is having these bugs, but my ps5 enters and comes out of rest mode fine, but I eventually get weird crashes and such afterwards as well as the occasional “rebuilding database” message. The external drive causes similar issues. Any news would be great!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I will say that I have played mine nearly every day since launch, putting it into rest mode each time, and I've never had it do anything weird. I did have Demon's Souls crash probably 10 times on the way to the platinum, but it was nearly always when I was loading back into the Nexus; half the time, it was on the first load immediately after launching the game. I also had it hard freeze for like 5-10 seconds three or four times, but it would resolve itself and let me keep going. No other games have had any technical issues.

Should note that I was basically never leaving a game running when putting the console into rest mode; I was almost always closing the game fully before I did so, and when I wasn't, I was at least going back to the OS first. I also don't have any external storage.

Rentagosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ajamafalous: thanks for the feedback. These issues do seem sporadic to some degree. Just wish I could feel confident in my system and not have to “baby” it