Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By spacemanspiff00

Poll PS5 Slim Rumors. Will you wait? (77 votes)

Yes . 32%
No. 31%
Have one, but may consider an upgrade. 9%
Waiting for a possible PS5 Pro announcement 29%

Rumors abound that PS5 Slim is potentially targeting a Q3 2023 release date. This shouldn't really surprise anyone since that's about when we usually expect the slim refresh. Only this time we are met with the fact that PS5's are still hard to come by in most places without some effort and I still don't see them in stores in my area. But now we're potentially less than a year out and if you haven't been able to get one, or have given up for awhile, will you hold off in hopes of snagging a shiny slim, likely less monolithic/museum version? Or will opportunity outweigh overall desire this time since we may be still in the trenches of scarcity this time next year.

Regardless, what are your current thoughts on Pro models this generation given the shortages? I'm personally gonna wait and see if there is a Pro model and get the Slim if they decide not to. I don't know if the general consensus is that it's expected now. Anyway, Its been 2 years and I think I can hold out for another couple if need be. Even if my poor little PC is gonna be 8 years old this month. (970 gang represent)

• 
styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

as a current ps5 owner i clearly did not wait , but i wouldn't upgrade for a slim . and it would be hard to sell me a pro at this point . i kinda regret my purchase between the controller causing me hand pain when i use it n the fact that their only selling point for me was exclusives which appear to slowly be coming to pc. if the path they're on now holds a ps6 future will be a hard thing to justify since i usually try n keep my gaming pc relatively up to date by a few gpu gens

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah, I'll wait. ...to buy a new graphics card because more PlayStation games are coming to Steam, and I don't want to buy the same games multiple times because I'm already doing that with PS4 games that got re-released on Steam.

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: @styx971: Ohhh I should I have put a "I have a PC and will wait for games on Steam etc." option. That is a good point. And also one I should maybe consider more since I am in dire need of an upgrade anyhow. If stuff starts taking only a single year before it hits PC I would totally wait for that.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

I already have a PC that runs games better than the PS5. As much as I would love to buy a shiny new console... realistically it needs to come down in price and land some more compelling exclusives (for my taste) before I would consider buying one.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spacemanspiff00:yeah that the thing .. never before would i have guessed sony to actually start putting their system sellers on a pc but it makes sense as a company to get money where they can , even moreso since the ps5 had been harder to get . at this point tho i'm honestly kicking myself cause like @damnboyadvancei too have a pc thats more powerful than a ps5 . i stopped buying xboxes due to lack of exclusives i cared about and at this point the ones i do care about come to pc anyway ... its a weird position to be in honestly since i Like having a shiny new console but more n more it feels like a waste . if a person like X controller over Y these days they just kinda work so its not like thats even a real issue these days for pc. switch games run better in an emulator pretty often too making that a weird thing also .... i don't think consoles are going anywhere any time soon mind you but it does make getting fancier models kinda ....pointless for some i guess

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm not sure if 32GBs of 2666 DDR4, a 9900K and a 2080 Ti counts as being "more powerful than a PS5", but 21:9 (3440 x 1440p) has spoiled me.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are PS5s readily available to buy for anybody who wants one? Like can you just go onto Amazon or walk into a game shop and just buy one?

Because I'm not sure the world's supply chain has resolved the issues from 2020 to the point where a new console with high-end chips can be adequately delivered to everyone who wants one.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By gtxforza

I personally won't wait for PS5 Slim, but if I'm rich, I would like to own one along with Xbox Series X slim as collectible items.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The PS5 sits behind my TV so size really doesn't matter in this case. I also barely use my PS5 at the moment, but maybe that new God of War will change things.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Are PS5s readily available to buy for anybody who wants one? Like can you just go onto Amazon or walk into a game shop and just buy one?

Because I'm not sure the world's supply chain has resolved the issues from 2020 to the point where a new console with high-end chips can be adequately delivered to everyone who wants one.

Not at all

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By apewins

I'm not paying launch price for 2-year old tech (actually with the price increase in my region it technically costs now more than at launch), so Sony will need to do something to make the package more attractive for me. A Slim model would be one way to do it, maybe bundle in a game too. But more likely I'll wait for the Pro version which can't be that far behind. I upgraded my PC recently and the state of PS5-only exclusives is not that impressive so I'm not in any hurry.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Never been in the market for the slim systems in the past few generation. I like that they exist, but they are just not for me.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By styx971

@apewins: yeah that price hike feels super slimy to me. i'm not in areas that happened to but even still upping the cost on old tech just ain't right. i could understand leaving the price alone longer than normal but not that :/ what would make you consider it considering that hike? i know alot of ppl would probably say a bigger storage amount given ppl shell out for a m.2 upgrade for it already

Casse1berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I forgot i even got a PS5 and still don't feel like a new gen started. The thought of a slim or pro is funny for me to even think about.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I want to get a second PS5, so I'm hoping for a Pro version actually.

Avatar image for inspectorfowler
inspectorfowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inspectorfowler

For the record, a co-worker mentioned wanting to buy one for her boyfriend. Less than 10 minutes later we’d ordered one from the Sony Direct website and it showed up in two business days. I understand if every single person went to that site it would run out but it seemed like a truly weird contrast to the narrative that you still can barely buy one at all.

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inspectorfowler: Depends where you live at this point. In Canada, we still don't have the option to buy direct. And they still aren't out in the wild as far as I have noticed. I've seen them show up online more often but you gotta be on top of those stock drops if you want a chance. The best luck I've had as someone who isn't on that stock update train is seeing bundles here and there, but they get scooped real fast. I actually almost caved on a GoW Ragnarok bundle I saw a few days ago. However it was bundled with 50 dollar PSN card, which isn't bad I guess since you'll use it eventually. It also came with a controller dock which I refuse to own or pay for lol. All together it was over 700 after tax but the game is brand new and the psn card is useful. Fuck those docks though. Bundles have seemingly taken over almost the entire sphere in Canada. EB Games only sells them in bundles now online.

Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@styx971: man, I’ve been having weird pains in the area between my thumbs and index finger recently, maybe it’s the dualsense controller…

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nocall: its possible , thats where i get mine in my right hand from it

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha so I decided to call around today and see if I could find a PS5 in stores(I am in Canada). As luck would have it an Ebgames happened to have the God of War bundles in stock. Sooooo I caved and bought one lmao. I'll probably hang on to it for now and sell it when a Pro model hopefully comes out. Might even just sell it and get a slim eventually if that's the only option in the future. But I get to be a part of the Ragnarok zeitgeist so yay for that I guess. Soooo I guess stock is actually getting better and I can eat my earlier words. Good luck to those still hunting.

Avatar image for theodoricfriede
TheodoricFriede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheodoricFriede

I own two PS5's, and I barely even feel like 'next gen' has started yet. Hell no I wouldn't buy a 'new' version. They haven't even developed for the old one yet.