Psa. Do not download watch dogs!! (ps4)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5bc0f9823f4
deactivated-5f5bc0f9823f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't think I'm alone here but I have just downloaded watch dogs for my ps4 expecting to play it today on my day off. I downloaded it today at around 2 pm (eastern time). The game downloaded fully and I was playing it. About 30 mins in a menu popped up that said it's installing game data. The only option on the menu is to go to the main menu. It is now 1:40 am and it's at 87%. My internet is perfectly fine and my system is brand new. I'm just writing this to encourage fellow duders to buy a disk version because this is not the downloadable convenience that I thought it would be.

Is anyone having the same problem??

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No,

the PS4 version downloaded completely in about 30 mins.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jking47

I saw on John Drake's twitter he had the same issue.

I guess it only downloads a small chunk at first.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should mention that as soon as I got to the main menu I noticed it was still downloading so I left it until it was done.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Isn't that how the PS4 works? It downloads a portion of the game to the point where it's playable so that you can play it as it downloads? When I downloaded ACIV it let me play about 2 hours until it got to the point where the data wasn't there to be played so it had to install the rest of it. The place I downloaded the game had pretty bad internet though.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't that how the PS4 works? It downloads a portion of the game to the point where it's playable so that you can play it as it downloads? When I downloaded ACIV it let me play about 2 hours until it got to the point where the data wasn't there to be played so it had to install the rest of it. The place I downloaded the game had pretty bad internet though.

Yeah, it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue if it was simply pausing the game instead of pushing people out suddenly. That does sound rather frustrating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it took a ridiculous amount of time to fully download for me too. Like, at least thrice as long as Wolfenstein(a game that's something like 2.5 times the size of Watch Dogs). It wouldn't have been so bad if the play-before-it-finishes-downloading thing didn't last all of fifteen minutes. First time I've had any sort of issue with digital purchases.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it is a pain I mean how did people not expect this when the initial download size is only 4 gigs? I have the same issues on every game that does the "play as you download" thing, InFamous, Shadow Fall, Wolfenstein, they all blocked off pretty quickly for me to download/install. Once pre-loading actually becomes a thing for PS4 this issue will be gone at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5bc0f9823f4
deactivated-5f5bc0f9823f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's nbd really. Just sort of misleading :/