PSA: My Life in Gaming

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Hey guys, just a quick PSA. I found out about a youtube channel through a Digital Foundry video called 'My Life in Gaming'. They make really well produced and researched videos on a range of topics relating to video games, but what I found the most helpful and interesting was a series they created called 'RGB Masterclass' wherein they explore the many ways you can get the best picture out of old consoles on modern, and older, monitors and TVs. It actually might be really helpful to @vinny and @unastrike for production purposes and of interest to @jeff. Anyway, thought I'd give them a quick call out and as a reference for anyone that wants to play old games on modern TVs.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By frytup

It's a very well known channel to retro gaming types. I'm sure Jeff is already aware given he's well down the OSSC rabbit hole. I believe Vinny is already using a Framemeister for connecting up non-HDMI consoles.

For anything in the 8/16 bit era, it's all heading down the FPGA emulation path. Kinda questionable if playing on original hardware is even worth bothering now.