PSN going up and down all day !! anyone else have this problem ?

• 64 results
Recostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Recostar

Hey guys, 

I have been trying to log into PSN all day and have been having a hell of a time doing it. This morning it was fine for a few hours then all of a sudden it went down on me again.  Is anyone else having these issues?
People on the Sony Forums are saying it's because they  are being targeted by a hacking group, I have no idea if any of that is true or not so take it with a grain of salt.

Update: 04/06/2011  - It seems that PSN may have been affected by the Group anonymous after all
 "Shortly after the announcement, users began reporting server instability for the PlayStation Network and site outages for PlayStation.com and the PlayStation Blog. Today, Sony acknowledged these technical issues, indicating that these problems may indeed be due to an attack on its systems. "

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ZeroCast

Yes, I have been trying to login moments ago to find out that it's undergoing maintenance as it is said here and here.

Recostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Recostar
@ZeroCast said:

" Yes, I have been trying to login moments ago to find out that it's undergoing maintenance as it is said here and here. "

"  The PlayStation Network is facing limited accessibility today. The issue, which Sony is currently remaining relatively quiet about ."  They say its just periodic Maintenance , It seems kind of fishy. The other link you gave is closed.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
@Recostar said:
" @ZeroCast said:

" Yes, I have been trying to login moments ago to find out that it's undergoing maintenance as it is said here and here. "

"  The PlayStation Network is facing limited accessibility today. The issue, which Sony is currently remaining relatively quiet about ."  They say its just periodic Maintenance , It seems kind of fishy. The other link you gave is closed. "
They are being hacked.  Sony is just  butthurt about Anon on the attack.  Sony's fault, so I'm all for it.  
TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Recostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Recostar

Ya, I thought it sounded kind of fishy, I guess there is a chance that it's just a coincidence.  I'm just glad I can log back in now so I can rip it up in Borderlands , Been trying to play the game all day.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By IBurningStar

Yeah, Sony angered Anonymous and are supposedly now under attack by them. It may just be maintenance. Maybe not. Honestly, I think attacking PSN isn't where Anon should focus if it is them. Ends up hurting innocent people more than it does Sony.

Rydemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Rydemption

It'll pass in a couple of days and better be over before MK releases or I'ma have to smack a bitch. I hate how they consider it a righteous cause. 
cool story brah.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By unchained
@IBurningStar said:
" Yeah, Sony angered Anonymous and are supposedly now under attack by them. It may just be maintenance. Maybe not. Honestly, I think attacking PSN isn't where Anon should focus if it is them. Ends up hurting innocent people more than it does Sony. "
Yeah. If they are trying to drum up support, pissing off thousands (millions?) of gamers probably isn't the way to go. 
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

The thing that pisses me off the most is that it's still harder to pirate PS3 games than it is for other consoles.  Sony needs to nut the fuck up, be proud that their console is the longest to go without piracy.   

The fucking US Military bought PS3s just for the Linux Support.  That's how important Other OS was for people.  It's Sony's own fault and I don't give a flying fuck if people can't use PSN for the coming days and/or months.  It's Sony's own damn fault for having too much pride.  You don't see MS or Nintendo or even Apple crying like a bitch with their devices being hacked.  Hell, the fucking 4.3.1 jailbreak just hit according to Tested.com.   

It's Sony fault.  Don't have pity for them.

Rydemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rydemption

servers back up anyways apprantly

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By yakov456

Im not even going to respond, I'm sure my comment will get me hacked from these asswipes.

Recostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Recostar

Hmm.. it looks like it was just maintenance .  According this anyways . 

http://community.us.playstation.com/___sbsstatic___/maintenance.html#31046499
Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By Leafhopper
Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spoonman671

I guess I'll just play some singleplayer games.  Hackers thwarted.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I can't sign in as of 7:25pm EST. Pain in the ass!

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By BigBoss1911
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By sagesebas
@KaosAngel: troll
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Afroman269

INTERNET HACKER GANGS

Recostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Recostar

Strange, it's not letting me get on now. 

It's now giving me this error code (8071053D)

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By ProfessorEss

@IBurningStar said:

I think attacking PSN isn't where Anon should focus if it is them. Ends up hurting innocent people more than it does Sony.

I dunno man, in the long run if they create enough problems and press about bad security it could do some real damage to the Playstation brand.
Chip away at that reputation enough and before you know it you got a bunch of people saying "Playstation? Isn't that the one with all the security problems?".
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BigBoss1911
@Recostar said:

" Strange, it's not letting me get on now.  "

Internet hackas brah, theyre  pissed.
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AlexW00d

Wait, so if they are doing this because Sony have allegedly halted the 'free flow of information', then why in the fuck haven't they started attacking China? Or Cuba? Sony removing a small insignificant piece of information that they feel harms their products is pretty fucking small in comparison.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CL60

Good, Sony went too far with this Geohotz thing, and now it's biting them in the ass.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KaosAngel
@AlexW00d: They already target corporations, Scientology, faggots on U-Tube, and other people who deserve it.  Sony fucked up big, and I have no problem with Anon finally getting on with giving Sony something to really cry about. 

MS, Nintendo, Apple, and Google never bitched when their stuff got hacked.  But Sony is apparently above all of them, fuck their elitism.  They went too far with hackers on the PS3.
endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By endless_void

Yep I heard Anon was behind this, even the playstation store website was down earlier today. I haven't checked since....

TBH I don't care if it stays down. I haven't bothered using my ps3 much lately anyway :|
and sony had it comin to them.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Andorski
@KaosAngel said:
"  MS, Nintendo, Apple, and Google never bitched when their stuff got hacked.  But Sony is apparently above all of them, fuck their elitism.  They went too far with hackers on the PS3. "
Microsoft has sued console and controller modders. 

Nintendo has repetitively tried to take down products like R4 carts from being distributed. 

Apple has filed complaints to the US patent office about the legality of jailbreaking. 

Google hasn't really taken a stance against any type of piracy/hacking.  Mostly because use of their services by any means still gives them access to any public information that your computer will share. 
----- 
Let's not praise these hackers as some idealistic heroes looking out for our rights.  The reason why they are attacking PSN (as oppose to just disrupting their business network infrastructure) is because consumers are the ones who get fucked.  Nothing would happen if they just took down the means by which Sony employees do their job (aside from desk jockeys complaining about how they can't send their TPS reports).  Make PSN unavailable though, and now you have a mass amount of consumers being pissed about how their are not getting any service.  These hackers are making an inconvenience to me for what?  So I can complain about how all this wouldn't happen if Geohotz wasn't facing a lawsuit?  I don't give two shits about that guy.  If Sony said that demo downloads would be 50% faster if they powered their servers with Geohotz's blood, I would be all for it.

So don't fall for this crap.  These people are making things a hassle for you so that you can do the work of demanding Geohotz's freedom to hack the PS3.  The guy could hack away at any Sony product for all I care, that is until it actually fucks me over.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KaosAngel
@Andorski said:
" Microsoft has sued console and controller modders.  Nintendo has repetitively tried to take down products like R4 carts from being distributed.  Apple has filed complaints to the US patent office about the legality of jailbreaking.  Google hasn't really taken a stance against any type of piracy/hacking.  Mostly because use of their services by any means still gives them access to any public information that your computer will share.  "
But MS, Nintendo, Apple, and Google haven't gone to the extreme lengths that Sony is going.
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By yakov456
@Andorski Well said.
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Andorski
@KaosAngel said:
" @Andorski said:
" Microsoft has sued console and controller modders.  Nintendo has repetitively tried to take down products like R4 carts from being distributed.  Apple has filed complaints to the US patent office about the legality of jailbreaking.  Google hasn't really taken a stance against any type of piracy/hacking.  Mostly because use of their services by any means still gives them access to any public information that your computer will share.  "
But MS, Nintendo, Apple, and Google haven't gone to the extreme lengths that Sony is going. "
I'd agree with MS, Apple, and Google.  I'd definitely disagree with Nintendo and the R4 cart situation.  There were police raids happening to seize R4 carts from distribution centers. 

And to what extent Sony is going through to keep their services from getting hacked is of no concern to me.  If one were pissed off at Sony, then screw Sony over.  Don't screw me over because I use their service.
Rydemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rydemption
@Andorski: This^ 

I dont want people fucking up my source of entertainment and claiming they are doing it to help the consumer for this "free flow of information" bullshit. 

They claim its the greed of the company and all this crap but haven't you noticed it is them who are being greedy and doing whats best in their interests. No one gives a fuck about linux on ps3 nor do they care about geohotz.  Not the majority of people who actually own a playstation anyway.

They are assholes. Assholes that need to be plugged. 
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KaosAngel
@Rydemption said:
" No one gives a fuck about linux on ps3 "
This is wrong.  The USAF and Navy have bought almost 100,000 units of the PS3 just for the Linux support.  The clusters of PS3s using Linux is much cheaper than having a super computer.  The USAF were the first to complain to Sony when Sony took out OtherOS. 

@Andorski: Oh yeah, forgot about Nintendo's secret police.  Hah, man they hated that R4 back then.
Rydemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rydemption
@KaosAngel:  Yes the USAF and they are still using it. And anyone else could still use linux provided they didnt update. please. 

And the USAF is far from the "consumer" level we are talking about. If you want the technology research it and make it your self instead of trying to steal it like a douche. 

PS: they arent used for linux support.
cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cyraxible

This is far more about ownership and being able to do whatever the fuck you want to with the product you purchased. Sony is against this.           

Rydemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rydemption
@cyraxible: Im afraid I do not believe that at all. Not to mention theres a terms of service when you buy the god damn console to begin with, if you dont agree you don't buy it, simple. 

If I give my cookies to timmy and tell him not to eat them or I'll hit him, I'm going to smack the sucker if he eats my gaddamned cookies.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KaosAngel
@Rydemption: TOS is only valid if use the PS3 online.  You can do whatever you want to your PS3 as long as it doesn't connect to PSN, and all people wanted was to put Linux back.  It's the same reason Apple got their asses handed to them and why the judge said Jailbreaking mobiles is legal.  Once you buy something, you can break it, hack it, do whatever you want.  It's yours.
cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cyraxible
@Rydemption: Courts have decided a few times that the Terms of Service is not a legally binding agreement. You can't be legally held to any of that jargon. Precedence my friend. 
Even if you violated their TOS online the most they could do is bar you from using their service.  
p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By p_p_o_d

I dont think this is real Anon,  maybe just some random 4chaners trying to be all cool and like there heros.   generally anon they actually fights decent causes and not random video game stuff.   

plus anonymous is smarter then basically saying "we are defending your consumer rights to do what ever you want with what you own by taking away your ability to play online.   lulz"       

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I'm still having issues. 
Rydemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rydemption
@p_p_o_d:  After reading over some of their exploits on wikipedia I would agree with this, but I believe the anon group revealed this info on their info site or w/e you can find the link on wikipedia or on their youtube channel. 

If it truely is an act of anon though it is pretty damn stupid compared to everything else they are doing. Either way I still do not believe juggling threats is the proper way to handle anything. Not to mention they are screwing around with a multi-billion dollar company which obviously doesn't take these sort of actions lightly. Geohotz is one example although Hotz wasn't "attacking" sony in anyway, although it is quite a different story since anon is also hidden face group.
tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By tourgen

Anon isn't a group.  There is no anon, or more accurately anyone at any time can be anon or a part of an anon movement.  That's the point.  It's ANONYMOUS and it's anyone.  It's not some well defined group with a power structure and command chain.  It's whoever feels like organizing and striking back.  Saying, "Those anon guys are messing wit my stuff!" doesn't make any sense.  Anon could be the guy or girl sitting next to you, your mom, your dad, brother, teacher.  It's the people cook your food, haul your trash, connect your calls.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#42  Edited By rjayb89

Seemed fine to me earlier. At least it isn't like another ApocalyPS3.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By awesomeusername
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zeforgotten
@awesomeusername said:

" @BigBoss1911 said:

" @Leafhopper said:

" @TheKing said:
" http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1159426p1.html "
Dude what? lol "
Shit just got reeeeeeeeeeeeeal. "
Fucking hackers have no lives. "
I can't believe people actually take them serious. 
They're nothing but a pathetic meme that one would use when you've run out of good memes
SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SomeJerk

Hope every single one of those dicks gets the kevin mitnick treatment. Wouldn't mind Sony spending their money on that, because they are traceable, from the DDoS zombies to the "masterminds".

Trebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Trebz
@p_p_o_d said:
" I dont think this is real Anon,  maybe just some random 4chaners trying to be all cool and like there heros.   generally anon they actually fights decent causes and not random video game stuff.    plus anonymous is smarter then basically saying "we are defending your consumer rights to do what ever you want with what you own by taking away your ability to play online.   lulz"        "
Well, isn't that what Anonymous is? 

I hate stuff like this, because I don't think that Sony is making the right decisions to make their systems more secure, but the guys fighting against them are going about it the wrong way, themselves. In the end, it's the dudes on the sidelines who are suffering.
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By awesomeusername
@Andorski said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Andorski said:
But MS, Nintendo, Apple, and Google haven't gone to the extreme lengths that Sony is going. "
I'd agree with MS, Apple, and Google.  I'd definitely disagree with Nintendo and the R4 cart situation.  There were police raids happening to seize R4 carts from distribution centers.  And to what extent Sony is going through to keep their services from getting hacked is of no concern to me.  If one were pissed off at Sony, then screw Sony over.  Don't screw me over because I use their service. "
Listen. I'm not the brightest guy around when it comes to all this tech shit so can someone please explain what the fuck is linux? 
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By awesomeusername
@ZeForgotten said:

" @awesomeusername said:

" @BigBoss1911 said:

" @Leafhopper said:

" @TheKing said:
Dude what? lol "
I can't believe people actually take them serious. They're nothing but a pathetic meme that one would use when you've run out of good memes "
It's taken seriously when you can't use whatever you have because people decide to fuck it up for basically no reason. Why must people pirate and hack things? Why can't they go get a job and buy things like normal people do? WHY CAN'T THE WORLD BE AT PEACE DAMNIT! I guess no one will ever understand humanity.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By zeforgotten
@awesomeusername said:
" @ZeForgotten said:

" @awesomeusername said:

" @BigBoss1911 said:

" @Leafhopper said:

" @TheKing said:
Dude what? lol "
I can't believe people actually take them serious. They're nothing but a pathetic meme that one would use when you've run out of good memes "
It's taken seriously when you can't use whatever you have because people decide to fuck it up for basically no reason. Why must people pirate and hack things? Why can't they go get a job and buy things like normal people do? WHY CAN'T THE WORLD BE AT PEACE DAMNIT! I guess no one will ever understand humanity. "
AND WHY CAN'T WE FIGURE OUT WHAT THE DEAL IS WITH AIRLINE FOOD?! 

I just don't get why some people actually support the people who messes up stuff like PSN for everyone else who doesn't care about some wannabe hacker like George Hotz. 
"Oh no, my imaginary hacker boyfriend is being sued! My fat faggot self must do something about this! I will fuck the PSN up for everybody who uses it! That's the correct thing to do!"  

I wish it was legal to shoot people like that. 
Probably a good thing that I'm not the one creating laws
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername said:
" @ZeForgotten said:

" @awesomeusername said:

" @BigBoss1911 said:

" @Leafhopper said:

" @TheKing said:
Dude what? lol "
It's taken seriously when you can't use whatever you have because people decide to fuck it up for basically no reason. Why must people pirate and hack things? Why can't they go get a job and buy things like normal people do? WHY CAN'T THE WORLD BE AT PEACE DAMNIT! I guess no one will ever understand humanity. "
i think its because few people get a kick out of "sticking it to the man."  i mean some people just dont care about the devs and companies so they just download games for free for their own entertainment