I may buy a Go if this comes out!

klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By klownboots

Link sends me to a completely different story so... no idea if this is legit or not.

If there would be such a thing released I would consider buying it for my PSPgo, if only to take advantage of some great sales on UMD games. Ultimately though I use my PSPgo for my PSone games and movies and music more than PSP games.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Doesn't this make the Go completely pointless, especially if it increases the size?
Still better off with a 3000, in my opinion.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Pazy

This totally ticks my buttons as a tech geek, though my first thought is that this will probably make it really easy to dump UMD's (not that it isnt extremely easy already).

Although the source makes it sound like you put the UMD in the drive to play it instead of the smarter (and more piracy prone I would think) dumping a UMD to the Memory card (with some sort of PSN link up to verify maybe). For those that need it then its good but given the choice between a PSPgo+UMD Drive or PSP3000 it still goes for the 3000.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rinkalicous
@WinterSnowblind said:
" Doesn't this make the Go completely pointless, especially if it increases the size? Still better off with a 3000, in my opinion. "
Exactly. Surely if the Go has a umd drive, it's identical to the psp 3000, only more expensive? unless it's something like you can install games using the umd drive then just run it off a memory stick from then on? though I doubt that.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Willy105

Excellent, but I wonder how it will look when attached to the PSP Go, and how much it will cost. 

If it costs too much, you will be able to get a PS3 instead of the PSP.
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#8  Edited By Brackynews

<deadhorse>Does the external drive come with a second analog stick?</deadhorse> 

Enjoying my new 3000 just fine, Sony. Kudos for not ditching it.

klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By klownboots
@WinterSnowblind: Not necessarily as there are still functions in the PSPgo that are not in any other PSP. Besides, playing UMD games on the PSPgo was never the point of that specific release, so yeah if you bought one hoping to play UMD then purchasing this add on would not make a lot of sense. Unless it allows for the ability to turn UMDs digitally (other than current way).
klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By klownboots
@Willy105 said:
" If it costs too much, you will be able to get a PS3 instead of the PSP. "
Really, this again? I understand the cost of the PSPgo was too much for some but honestly buying a PS3 instead of a PSPgo is a stupid option, assuming the reason you bought the PSP was to play portable games. I get it though, not a lot of love for the PSPgo but who really cares? If anything PSP3000 owners should be happy the PSPgo ushered in a higher emphasis for digital releases (especially the surge in GOOD PSone releases on the PSN).

Back on point though, considering all the legal and copyright mumbo jumbo Sony has been saying (in regards to turning UMD's into digital copies) I doubt this would have a built in "legal" feature for doing that. Who knows though.
septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By septim

I gotta be honest this seems like it defeats the purpose of the Go. Also the Go has sold virtually nothing since it's launch so it seems like a bad idea to even launch a product like this.

klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By klownboots
@septim: I agree, there really is no market for it. As I said (and Sony has said) the PSPgo was designed for a specific audience. That audience is not very large (obviously). The only reason I see that this would be a profitable add on is if it allowed for the digitization of UMDs. Again though with Sony saying this is not a possibility (outside of them doing it on the PSN, and it clearly takes awhile to do) I am thinking it is not going to happen.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13  Edited By c_rakestraw

While I can see the advantages to having this (more games are always a good thing), it basically eliminates the main draw of the device: its portability. An external disc drive add-on would no doubt be as large as, or bigger than, the device itself, which would essentially turn it into a slightly smaller, and more expensive PSP-3000. And at that point, you might as well have bought one of those instead.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Mushir

If people want a UMD drive they'll buy a 3000. If they make this then there is no reason for the Go to even exist. The only reason you would want to buy this would be if you prefer the Go's design.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Lowbrow

What the hell. Why not just make their damn games available online. 

Basically, they just took a PSP 3000 snapped it in half over their Knee, started selling one half of it 3 months ago, and now they're selling you the other half.

BRAVO!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By JJWeatherman

If this is true, then Sony really needs to start thinking ahead a bit more.