Q: Keeping your hands warm while gaming?

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ArmoredMachine

So duders, I’ve got a question…

It’s been blazing hot due to the weather recently and me and my buddies at work can’t seem to agree on how cold to put the aircon at, although I’m freezing my fingers here trying to play some games while on break, because of the current temps indoors because of the air-conditioning. (everyone else except me likes the temp, because it’s sweltering outside, so I guess I’m the odd duck out.) 😅

So, I just had a sudden thought and here I’m googling how do I keep warm and comfortable, while wielding a mouse and keyboard, and trying to play without my hands turning into popsicles, and lo and behold, what do I find?

A semi-ancient Reddit thread about exactly what I’m feeling right now. 🥶

A meme for my feelings... XD ft. frozen hands.
A meme for my feelings... XD ft. frozen hands.

It turns out, I’m not alone in having this issue, which happens in the winter too apparently if you can’t get quite enough heat going around the room. 🔥

So I keep on digging through to find solutions, as like mentioned in the thread wearing thick gloves trying to play games? That’s a no no. (like how would you even type on a keyboard like that?) 🤔

Then I find a list like this from EH on how to keep hands warm while gaming, and oh boy, I discovered some stuff and gadgets I’ve never heard of, plus some tips and tricks too.

Gifs from frozen are really hitting their mark for me right now. XD
Gifs from frozen are really hitting their mark for me right now. XD

But I’m still curious on what anyone here on giantbomb might suggest too.

It could be handy too when winter comes.

I also found that zippo lighters made “gaming hand warmers” which are basically powerbanks that also “heat up” so you can hold them in your hands to warm up, which is bizarre for me, but I guess that kinda works… but I don’t know about the prices, feels a bit too much for me, like a gimmick. 🤨

So any suggestions, or stories to share about freezing while playing/working? Thanks a lot dudes. 😉