Avatar image for s0mewh4td4m4ged
S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Poll Q1 2019 Most Sought-after Game (190 votes)

The Walking Dead: The Final Season 1%
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes 2%
Resident Evil 2 13%
Kingdom Hearts III 6%
Trials Rising 4%
Crackdown 3 3%
Dead or Alive 6 2%
Far Cry New Dawn 1%
Jump Force 0%
Metro Exodus 8%
Anthem 11%
Left Alive 1%
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove 2%
Devil May Cry 5 6%
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 4%
The Sinking City 0%
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice 29%
Other 9%

Looking for some discussion on January, February, and March 2019 games. There is a possibility of a big title releasing within that time that doesn't have a release date currently. A lot to look forward to.

• 
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I guess Wargroove is set to be released in Q1. So, I suppose that.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I chose Seikiro but CDPR's shareholder meeting mentioned that they are ahead of schedule with Cyberpunk 2077 so that might be my 2019 game if it ends up coming out next year.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metro for me. Love those games

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil 2 seems like the most I've heard talked about.

Avatar image for s0mewh4td4m4ged
S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I agree, RE2 is the most talked about followed by Athem.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Probably The Division 2, despite its shaky premise. I thought the first game was brilliant and I'm excited to see what they've put together after a couple of years. After that, Metro for me.

Resident Evil 2 also looks really nice but I've never played 1, so it feels weird to jump into.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I voted the new Dead or Alive. I like that fighting engine a lot and hope they nail this itteration.

Honerable mentions to Crackdown and Toejam & Earl. Both those franchises had incredible first entries, and I’m looking forward to seeing how these sequels turn out. I’m not confident they’ll be great, but I’m pulling for them.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sekiro and RE2 are the standouts to me. In a lot of ways Sekiro is still a big question mark though, I'm not entirely sure what to expect from it. They've said its not a pure soulslike and there are far less RPG elements, which could be a bummer depending on what else they add to make up for it. Hopefully there'll be a reason to do a second playthrough.

RE2 is the more safe option since its pure comfort food for someone who grew up with the series like I did. Very much looking forward to it.

Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

Well, Sekiro is the only one of these games I've pre-ordered so I guess it is that by default. I'll give Crackdown 3 a Game Pass spin and I'm hopeful Anthem offers me something that looks remotely interesting because it's failed so far.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

DOA6 for me. I played a lot of DOA5 across it's various iterations and this just looks like a better version of that. I'm nervous about the online though. (playerbase and netcode)

Devil May Cry 5 is the next big one of for me, I wasnt blown away by the demo but i'm hoping with the extra arms and characters that there will be a lot to dig into with that game.
Resident Evil 2 is in a similar league where I kind of know what to expect but am excited anyway.

Sekiro i'm not too sure about, It kind of looks like what I wanted Nioh to be (which I still enjoyed) what with the more versatile movement options and quicker pace. But personally i've been less and less interested in that formula with each new Souls game. (Bloodborne was great though) Could be good though.

The only thing that bothers me about Anthem is the mechs have capes and the story looks like it sucks.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rejizzle

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is scheduled for "Spring 2019", so if that hits Q1 then that, if not then I guess it's a tossup between Anthem, DMC5, and Sekiro; let's say Anthem.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Anthem as it's a new IP and I'm very interested.

After that, it's a toss-up between Division and Metro. Both look good, but probably not doing anything new.

Resident Evil 2 has my curiosity more than anything. I'm not a huge Resi fan, yet I can't help but get sucked in by it.

I want to play Crackdown 3, however, I'm 90% sure that will be dogshit. Either that or a candidate for most surprising game 2019.

If what @merxworx01 said about Cyberpunk ends up happening, that's my number 1 by a million mile.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By TobbRobb

DEVILMAYCRYANDLESSEREXTENTSEKIRO

I'm taking a week off when those two come out. March is gonna be great this year.

EDIT: If Fire Emblem also comes out, then that's a definite third. Very excited to try it.

acharlie1377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't there a remake of Tales of Vesperia coming out soon? As someone recently getting into JRPGs, I'd be pretty interested to see if that game holds up today.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@acharlie1377: Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition comes out on 1/11/2019.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_greg: i don't want anyone to get their hopes up. Ahead of schedule could mean a numbers of things(in all likelihood it means more time for them to polish the game) but nothing is stopping me from hoping for a 2019 release.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acharlie1377: since it plays like an action game I wouldn't be surprised if it still feels good to play.

acharlie1377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merxworx01: When you say action, do you mean like Diablo, like Devil May Cry, or like World of Warcraft? Again, I know nothing about this game other than that it came out about a decade ago, and is coming out again on the 11th (thanks for the info @the_hiro_abides).

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Trials Rising if just to see what stupid earworm blasts my face off in the first minute.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

DMC5 is my top pick. Ace Combat 7 comes in a solid second place. Etrian Odyssey X finishes third because as much as like that series, and make no mistake it's one of my favorite series of all time, those other two games look fuckin nuts in the best way possible.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Justin258

Metro Exodus looks pretty great. I like my atmospheric story driven shooters.

RE2Make looks cool, too.

I keep forgetting about Sekiro. I loved Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3, but I couldn't get into Bloodborne and I came to Demon's Souls really late and wasn't into that either, so not sure on that yet.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a game I keep flip-flopping on. Some part of me would really like to play that. A different part just rolls its eyes and groans. I don't know if I'll get it near launch yet.

If Fire Emblem comes out in Q1, then that's a definite for me, but I feel like it's farther off than that.

As far as the rest of them, bleh. I'm sure many of them will be good and entertaining games, but not for me, not at full price anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to qualify my vote(Sekiro) by saying that I am INTERESTED in Anthem and Division 2 and HOPE they are great.

Division 1 had problems and I never got super into it, and both of them might be to much of a time sink for me.

Between Destiny and WoW I don't think I have room for ANOTHER living online game.

DMC 5 and RE2 I am of course excited for but they are more or less known quantities.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acharlie1377: this might not be doing it any favors but it plays like the latest final fantasy or Dragon Age: Inquisition where you chain directional attacks and abilities. Combat is quick and moves execute as soon as you press a button. I wouldn't categorize it anywhere close to a Platinum style game but in terms of movement it has more in common with the direction some modern RPGs are going with real time combat.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to admit there isn't much on that list that excites me. I watched the Anthem demo they put out yesterday. It looked capital-T Terrible to the extent I think we should start planning for a post-BioWare world.

Sekiro doesn't look like it's going to be for me given that they neutered the RPG elements present in other From games. I'd love to be wrong, but I generally don't like pure action games.

acharlie1377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merxworx01: Sounds pretty cool! Definitely on my wish list, along with the recently-announced OlliOlli and Dragon's Dogma ports...

This year may be the year I completely abandon new games, and exclusively start playing years-old games that inexplicably come to the Nintendo Switch.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Chose Shadows Die twice, but only because none of those other games are even remotely appealing to me

thevamp25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thevamp25

Why no Ace Combat 7?

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Skeiro then RE2 then KH3. I am absolutely stoked for sekiro. I am actually really excited that they are doing something very different from the Soulsbourne games. March can't come soon enough

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By BoboBones

Both Sekrio, and RE 2 have me hyped. I’ll wait for a price drop on both because I just received God of War, Bayonetta 2, and Warioware Gold for my birthday. I’m still playing Super Smash, and Into the Breach, so there is plenty on my plate right now.

I enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts upon release, and remember being stoked for 2, but by the time it was out, I had completely lost interest in the series.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace Combat 7.
And Dead or Alive 6 but that depends entirely on how fucked the PC version is this time.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Quite a few good choices here, but my vote went to Crackdown 3. I want to clarify - I expect nothing from this game. I'm well aware of how long it's been in development and that that process has apparently not been the smoothest. I love Crackdown, warts and all. I went back and played a lot of it when it became X1 backwards compatible and enhanced, and I still had fun with it even while recognizing that, to paraphrase Jeff, modern game design has moved on quite a bit since then. But after the disappointment of Crackdown 2 and the years of nothing being done with it...I have to see what this turns out to be. Of course I want it to be good. I don't expect to have the same experience I had with the original. But I need to know.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finalky, a release calendar I can get behind. Nothing I really care about to give me some time to play other shit!

vorsic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tales of Vesperia, DOA6, Resident Evil 2, Ace Combat 7, Devil May Cry 5.

There's a lot of games coming out that I'm looking forward to.