QLCrew.com - Giant Bomb Video Search and Filtering Tool, est. 2013

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Sorry if it's been asked before, but what does "I don't want them together in one video." actually do? Unless it's broken, it doesn't seem to do anything. I would expect it to give videos with, for example, Vinny and videos with Jeff, but not videos with both Vinny and Jeff. If that's what it's supposed to do, it's not working for me.

So this is a bit silly, but because there are a lot of videos not tagged with people then to make it work as intended (also exactly how you described it) you have to do this:

No Caption Provided

Then you will get videos with Jeff or Vinny, but without Jeff and Vinny together in one video.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@august said:

@szlifier

Site is acting a little wonky for me. Tonight I've been trying to make a playlist of every Jeff & Ryan Quick Look for future background playing and maybe downloading.

• Playing in Player is playing YouTube videos, but not autoplaying the next one. I'm only watching Quick Looks and sometimes it uses the GB player and sometimes YouTube. Right now I'm listening to what I think is the GB player (because it served me an ad) but the YouTube player is on the screen.
  • Can't make YouTube playlists, I'm assuming due changes from Google.
  • Making an m3u only has the first 15 entries of any given search result.

I'm also having the same "you're not logged in" problems as everyone else, which I'm guessing is related.

Youtube stuff will not work for now.

The you're not logged in, or Duder message will appear when Ghostery or Adblock or something similar is blocking the Giant Bomb embed player from recognising that you are logged in to the GB website. Please try it without those blocking addons. For me Adblock is not causing any issues.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@szlifier: Thanks! I guess it's a case of computer logic and not human logic.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Hi! I'm a lapsed Premium user trying to get back on GB. Sorry to bump the thread, but the same is happening to me across all Chromium-based browsers I have (Chrome, Edge). The site works just fine on Firefox. I'm using AdGuard as a Windows program to filter all traffic, but even turning it off completely doesn't fix the issue. Do you have any idea what could be causing it?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joey_ravn: Hey, so the problem is with the way Chrome now deals with cookies. For request cookies to be sent from a different site (giantbomb.com cookies from qlcrew.com page) certain flags have to be set.

I've tested it and the embed player successfuly authorizes the user after the cookie "pat" is set to Secure; SameSite=None.

Unfortunately, this change can only be done by Giant Bomb, I cannot solve it on my end. I will contact Rorie about it, but I'm not sure if they can adjust such thing now during the transition phase.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll keep using Firefox for now. Alternatively, could there be a way to open the video page on Giant Bomb from within a playlist on QL Crew? That'd be a happy compromise, since I can arrange the videos I want to watch, in the order I want to watch them, but I can go to the source to bypass the cookie problem.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, sorry to be a bother again, but all of a sudden Firefox has started blocking embedded content from GB on QLC. I had to add an exception for QLC/GB when Firefox updated to prevent cross-site cookie tracking a few weeks ago and it was working just fine. But today, out of the blue, I can't watch anything on QLC. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#958  Edited By szlifier

@joey_ravn: Yeah, I've noticed that today and changed some stuff. For now premium stuff will open directly on GB. Probably not every feature will work, sorry for that.

I've filed a "ticket" for this: https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/premium-videos-in-embed-player-issue-1892154/

DimakoBiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i cant get playlists to function at all. used to work fine as recent as a few months back. i queue up a list and play it, it loads as normal with the playlist shown to the right for a split second. then the first video takes over the browser and the next video will not auto play. ive tried everything. different browsers, clearing cookies, disabling add-ons, trying the page zoom, and a myriad of other silly things worth a shot.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimakobiru: It's related to the issue described in previous posts. Unfortunately GB now blocks usage of it's embed video player outside of their site.

Sunii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier I've been trying to download a few m3u playlists and have been having issues. When trying to download a m3u of all UPF episodes the m3u only contains 8 links. With Vinnyvania, 14 links. I'm logged in and my account is linked, any ideas?

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow you made QLC? Thank you so much!

It's been invaluable to find the hidden treasures of GB content.

ninnyjams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like the chat archive for the latest In the Garage video brings up a completely unrelated chat archive of some Brad video?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sigma1199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier: Thank you for QLCrew, it is very helpful. I'm having some issues with the m3u playlist feature and wanted to see if it might be on my end or if it currently has a problem. I'm not able to get it to include any premium videos in the playlist. My account is connected and it looks like it doesn't have any problems including free videos in the m3u. Thanks for any help!

bagofkittens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier: You are doing God's work. Great job my friend.

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Can I queue up a bunch of E3 trailers from the site somehow, and just let them all roll one after the other?

zinkn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got this weird problem. Whenever I click play on something in my playlist the video starts in fullscreen in the browser. I cant access the playlist and choose another video to play.

LyndBako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped using QLC after you added the giant "EAST/WEST" banners to videos that couldn't be easily removed via adblocker. Not only are they ugly, they added a kind of tribalism "my team is better than your team" feel that I don't care for.

Now that GBE is dead and buried, there isn't even a point to this anymore, but I guess it's hardcoded in. Most bizarre to me is Albummer, a show founded by and full of New Yorkers being called "West" on QLC

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i forgot the name of this the other day when i was looking for it since i haven't used it in a while (happy this thread got bumped). i tested out how mine works and it does the same as @zinkn mentioned, so its not just theirs.

i think the east/west thing made perfect sense when there was an east/west personally since then it would be easier to just go with the assortment of ppl who would be on it. since there isn't a gb east anymore i would just automatically assume thats why that is in the west category. with the seeming change in direction of the site it could be worth adding a contractor or friends of the site style category for those newer shows that have come/are coming.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyndbako:

What I don't care for is calling something dead and burried as if that is a good thing.

I will keep east/west because a lot of people use it to find great GBW and GBE content from the past.

Regarding the video playing issue, it is now fine after GB fixed their Embed player

There site will keep existing in it's current form for some time, there is no plans to improve or adjust it to the current GB as I don't even watch the content anymore.

ErikVonWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#972  Edited By ErikVonWolf

Hey, is it just me, or has QLCrew stopped updating with new videos these past few weeks? The last video that shows up for me is the 9th episode of Albummer, and then nothing else past that.

EDIT 26.10.2021: Seems like all the videos showed up for me now. Wonder what was up.