#101 Posted by gla55jAw (2779 posts) -

Wow, this needs to be implemented to the site proper. Great work duder! 50 Vinny/Dave videos, 47 Drew!!!!

#102 Edited by RazielCuts (3289 posts) -

You've done it kid, you've solved GiantBomb!

#103 Edited by newhaap (496 posts) -

This is great! I've actually been hoping for a feature like this on the site

#104 Posted by DarthOrange (4206 posts) -

Stupendous work duder!

#105 Posted by Asger (246 posts) -

Really impressive, Duder! They should implement it :)

#106 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1543 posts) -

Truly a Miraculous feature

#107 Posted by jking47 (1290 posts) -

Damn this is really cool, nice job.

#108 Edited by xerxes8933a (226 posts) -

Why are there only 8 quick looks with Dave, Vinny and Drew in them? This is a travesty, and I demand the creation of more.

#109 Posted by UlquioKani (1416 posts) -

Thanks, this is awesome

#110 Edited by Max_Cherry (1541 posts) -

You are awesome. Giant Bomb should integrate your idea into their website. The number of quick looks is getting unruly and an advanced search feature that sorts by genre,time frame, and people in or out of quick looks etc. would be so useful. Thanks again!

#111 Posted by flatluigi (62 posts) -

Could you add an 'either/or' option? If I wanted to watch any quicklook with Vinny, Drew, or Dave in it, for example, I could highlight all three, tick 'any of the above,' and get a nice list of those. Or, of course, I could just highlight everyone, tick reverse order, and start watching every quicklook ever :V

#112 Posted by RobotSquad (243 posts) -

I've wanted this since the very first day I came to this site.

#113 Edited by AssInAss (3302 posts) -
@szlifier said:

Hello community.

I have to learn some OO PHP and a little JavaScript and I made a website.

Quick Look Crew <---- click this

You are awesome.

#114 Posted by EpicSteve (6908 posts) -

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

#115 Posted by TheMasterDS (2993 posts) -

This is great! It'd be cool if it included Livestreams. That way Brad Muir would have more results!

#116 Posted by JamesJeux007 (586 posts) -

This is SWEEEEEET ! Thank you so much !

Oh also, to whoever added this to the front page, it's "à" not "á", damn it !

Avatar image for green_incarnate
#117 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1789 posts) -

WOOOOOW. Nice job man. That's dedication.

#118 Posted by Thompson820 (425 posts) -
Site's down duder.
Site's down duder.

#119 Posted by ajamafalous (13793 posts) -
#121 Edited by Szlifier (1494 posts) -

@thompson820 said:
Site's down duder.
Site's down duder.

Seems to be randomly going down. The whole domain goes through Cloudflare and they seem to have problems even with their website.

The hosting is totally fine, so don't worry. I've added backup DNS entries to avoid this in the future. It will take some time to propagate.

#122 Posted by benspyda (2129 posts) -

Consider your site bookmarked!

#123 Edited by Szlifier (1494 posts) -

Could you add an 'either/or' option? If I wanted to watch any quicklook with Vinny, Drew, or Dave in it, for example, I could highlight all three, tick 'any of the above,' and get a nice list of those. Or, of course, I could just highlight everyone, tick reverse order, and start watching every quicklook ever :V

Yep.

#124 Posted by Thompson820 (425 posts) -
#125 Edited by Icemo (716 posts) -

Awesome job! Only thing I'm missing is "go to last page"-button after searching for quick looks so I don't have to click through all those pages.

#126 Posted by Shimakaze (177 posts) -

Been thinking of doing something similar to this as well, but you beat me to it ;-) At least there's still much more information in my spreadsheet, so it's not completely obsolete. :-P Some of that could be integrated in that website I'm sure.

#127 Posted by Szlifier (1494 posts) -

@shimakaze: This spreadsheet is insane. There is so much stuff. Amazing work, duder.

Our numbers are a bit off on total Jeff, Ryan and Dave QLs. I will try to compare the IDs an see what's up.

#128 Posted by hustlerlt (365 posts) -

You are a god among men!

#129 Posted by gbrading (3155 posts) -

This is superb! A really great way to delve back into the archive without having to trawl through all the Quick Looks individually. Good job. :)

#130 Posted by Soap (3774 posts) -

Excellent work! This should be included in the main site!

#131 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1715 posts) -

This is great, I was looking for this kind of feature.

#132 Edited by Castiel (3459 posts) -

The Klepek haters are going to love this.

#133 Posted by VikG (158 posts) -

Great work!! Thanks!

#134 Posted by Undeadpool (6727 posts) -

Bookmarked! Thanks, duder!

#135 Posted by The_Grindilow (520 posts) -

Absolutely brilliant, you are a God. I'd love to know some statistics for which member of staff is filtered out most often...

#136 Edited by Reisz (1623 posts) -

This looks like it would be properly handy. Congratulations on your hard work! Allow me to inaugurate the occasion with the one thing every bit of coding needs; Someone for whom it doesn't work.

I get no results at all, Woooo! nothing returns for any combination of filters when using Firefox. Luckily I've been wanting to migrate to Chrome anyway, this may be the clincher if it does turn out to work when I install it. I'll let you know.

#137 Posted by Szlifier (1494 posts) -

@reisz said:

This looks like it would be properly handy. Congratulations on your hard work! Allow me to inaugurate the occasion with the one thing every bit of coding needs; Someone for whom it doesn't work.

I get no results at all, Woooo! nothing returns for any combination of filters when using Firefox. Luckily I've been wanting to migrate to Chrome anyway, this may turn out to be the clincher if it does turn out to work when I install it. I'll let you know.

It uses AJAX requests (JavaScript) to show results. Make sure you're not blocking scripts with NoScript, or something like that.

#138 Posted by Gaff (2760 posts) -

Smallest of nitpicks: It's Joey Fameli, not Famely.

And now excuse me, I have a few hours to waste looking at all the videos.

#139 Edited by theveej (944 posts) -

This was the one feature I was hoping they would add to the actual site, here is hoping Dave and crew will eventually add this kind of feature.

#140 Posted by Reisz (1623 posts) -

@szlifier said:

@reisz said:

I get no results at all, Woooo! nothing returns for any combination of filters when using Firefox. Luckily I've been wanting to migrate to Chrome anyway, this may turn out to be the clincher if it does turn out to work when I install it. I'll let you know.

It uses AJAX requests (JavaScript) to show results. Make sure you're not blocking scripts with NoScript, or something like that.

That was the first thing I checked, It's an older build of Firefox and I'm not overly vigilant with the plugins, so it may well be something else I did. Works like a treat on Chrome though, so I'm now in the process of transferring my Bookmarks and what not, it's a good bit of work, especially for someone who hasn't been paying attention to Giantbomb since the beginning, I'm looking forward to going back through the QL library with this. Thanks man.

#141 Posted by ip007 (306 posts) -

@szlifier said:

P.S. I know it doesn't look great, but it gets the job done. Sorry for the shady looking address, that's only domain I have.

Are you kidding? This is incredible. There's like 139 Jeff & Vinny quicklooks, I'll never be bored again!

This.

#142 Posted by Szlifier (1494 posts) -

Thanks for all the good words, it's an awesome feeling to make something useful for so many people.

First piece of statistics: you clicked on 900 Quick Looks in just past 6 hours.

#143 Edited by Humanity (18159 posts) -
@szlifier said:

Thanks for all the good words, it's an awesome feeling to make something useful for so many people.

First piece of statistics: you clicked on 900 Quick Looks in just past 6 hours.

Instead of doing anything useful or even playing the new Tomb Raider I've been sitting here, watching Jeff and Ryan QuickLooks from 2009 in a complete trance, laughing my butt off. My Sunday is ruined in the best way possible.

#144 Posted by FinalDasa (3152 posts) -

This is amazing, good work!

#145 Posted by WolfHazard (685 posts) -

GET THIS MAN A CORNER DESK

#147 Posted by JZ (2342 posts) -

94 dave quicklooks I don't that's right.

Davelooks are rarer than that.

#148 Posted by Irishdoom (400 posts) -

This is exactly the kind of thing it would have been nice to see in the redesign of the site. Think outside the box, GB, focus on your strength, the staff! It should be a piece of cake to filter anything on the site based on who is in it or created it.

#150 Posted by BeachThunder (15076 posts) -

Alex and Patrick have never done a QL together.

They're actually the same person :o