User Lists: 0

This chat thing is AMAZING!

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Don't know if it was mentioned yet (tried searching and didn't find it), but it seems like the qlcrew website replaces occurrences of "will" with "Will_Smith" in the video descriptions (e.g. the description for http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-fifa-soccer-13-wii-u/2300-6850/ or http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-thief/2300-8541/).

BTW thanks for the tool, it's great!

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#353  Edited By szlifier

@quantris: That's pretty amazing. It must've been like that for months.

It's fixed. Thanks for reporting.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#354  Edited By SerHulse

@szlifier: I noticed that a while ago and I honestly thought it was a feature!

P.S. there are still weird instances of this occuring:

Will Smithem Dafoe stars!
Will Smithem Dafoe stars!

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By szlifier
PaulKemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great work duder! You just made me find and old vid I really liked! Thanks!

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I just want to say thank you so much for this. My external hard drive just died and all my giantbomb stuff went with it. I wasn't looking forward to navigating the site for it, since all you can do is bring up a drop-down menu and not a page full of results (which is dumb guys, come on now). Also I recorded all the stuff they played on the friday shows myself in the filenames, and I'm VERY glad I don't have to do that by manually skipping through the shows again. Totally donated, and I don't do that very often cause I be poor as hell. Seriously, thank you. You made the horror that is losing a hard drive a lot less painful.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By szlifier

@davidh219: Thank you.

UPDATE:

I spent some time today making the site more accessible on mobile devices. I hope it's good enough, check it out.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

This is awesome! And thanks for continuing to keep this updated.

However - the duration sliders don't work for me in Internet Explorer 11, so it's impossible to adjust them. They work fine in Firefox on the same PC.

danfess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier: This is amazing. Thanks for working on this! I get in the mood to listen to certain cast members sometimes and this makes it super easy. The new way to browse Quick Looks!

Jordan_Mallory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@szlifier I use this tool on a daily basis and very much appreciate the time and effort you've put into building and maintaining it. Would it be possible to add Rorie and Jason to the Inclusion/Exclusion toggles?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jordan_mallory: I'll try to make that happen tomorrow. Maybe I should move Dave to guests at this point...

I'm working on redesigning the back-end. This will fix some of the functionality, like the search and playlists being separated to Quick Looks and Live/Premium.

Anyway, the site is getting more hits every month and it's been almost two years now. I'm not planning to drop the support anytime soon.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@szlifier: This thing is amazing. I honestly think the main site could greatly benefit by integrating this functionality, or at least some kind of more advanced filtering functionality.

Have any of the GB/CBSi engineers approached you about this? (IF NOT THEY SHOULD. Hinthint)

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

GOLDEN DUDER RIGHT HERE.

This is outstanding. Thanks for all the work!

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver-streak: No, never. They don't seem to be interested in this.

@dudeglove: No, but I think I talked about it on first couple of pages of this thread.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a heads up, it looks like Dave Snider's not on the guests pull down on either live content, nor quick look content.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zelyre: Yeah, I was in the process of making changes to the main list of people. It was a temporary issue.

beef_melody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks so much for your hard work on this Szlifier - it makes finding old content I'd forgotten and things I've never seen so much easier!

sushisteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is still my go-to tool for finding old QLs (searching on the actual site leaves something to be desired). Would you consider putting a drop down box or slider for the number of people on the QL? I kind of want to search for videos with the largest numbers of people present.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By szlifier

This is still my go-to tool for finding old QLs (searching on the actual site leaves something to be desired). Would you consider putting a drop down box or slider for the number of people on the QL? I kind of want to search for videos with the largest numbers of people present.

Huh, this is a cool idea. I should be able to do it this week.

Thanks.

ejc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just a heads up, under guests you've got both "Mary Kish" and "MaryKish"

impureawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

qlcrew is the best thing and my default way to watch Vinny content now. Any chance the breaking brad's and vinny's dark souls vids were included in the premium section? It'd be real nice to have them all in an easy list like your other lists. Thanks and you're the best.

zygoatsalami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I used to be able to create a m3u playlist with all quick looks and would shuffle through them but it now appears that creating an m3u playlist only creates one for the ones on the current page, is there a way to go back to the way i used to do it?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By szlifier
zygoatsalami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes you'll have entries for Quick Looks that haven't gone up yet, including who is showing off the game. Is that just an educated guess or some black magic?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammer00: It's a secret...

OK, here are some tips:

If it's up at 6, Vinny's in the mix. 100% sure when it's a small digital-only release that nobody mentioned on the Bombcast.

When multiple QLs show up at once in the upcoming box, they were probably recorded in a row with the same people.
If it shows up there before 10 AM Pacific? Only Beasts are capable of that.

A shooter? Jeff and Drew combo is a safe bet.

Everyone knows who plays fighting games on this site.

Dan - this is a tough one. He will play anything, but he gives some hints on the Bombcast. Same with Brad.

UPF and Bombcast are good sources for this info most of the time.

I spend too much time on this site.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I always thought that was insider metadata stuff. Cool!

MosaicM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By MosaicM80

First time checking this out. Is there suppose to be a chat archive here? Nothing shows up in the Chat area when I play a video.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First time checking this out. Is there suppose to be a chat archive here? Nothing shows up in the Chat area when I play a video.

I've done some testing and there seem to be a problem with a redirected json file in Firefox. I moved some things around and it should be fine if that was the problem in your case.

If the chat still doesn't appear then please PM me with details (OS, browser).

The video will start automatically if all goes well. Keep in mind that the size of the archive is usually 2 - 4 MB and it might take a couple of seconds to download.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By szlifier

Guys, the day has come. After over 2 years of indexing and archiving videos I've reached this peak moment. Dodgy Kong is now in the database, along with it's own timestamp!

But wait! There is more:

• The search function works better now. It's independent of the chosen category and goes through everything that I've added to the database.
  • Until now the db was split between Quick Looks and everything else. This is no longer the case and will eventually lead to a better UI and more data added to Quick Looks (highlights, multiple games per QL lists).
  • The site will not ask for premium when it's not necessary. It might still happen sometimes, but I'm working on it.

It's crazy how much stuff is there to index. I've got over 100 videos in the queue.
While this might seem overwhelming, the fact that the site is getting more views each month and as of right now there is 1621 premium members who linked their accounts keeps me going.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

This is great, I appreciate the work you've put into this. I didn't know that there was a thread about it here until I finally clicked the "Visit this thread" link on the site. I found out about qlcrew.com over on GAF a while ago, which everybody uses on the GB GAF thread btw, so many many people are enjoying the fruits of your labor. Good job!

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a quick note: the "or just choose a guest" dropdown menu doesn't seem to do anything? Picking a guest (say Dave Snider) gives 0 results.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By szlifier

@gaff: I tweaked the knob, thanks.

@lelcar: That's awesome! Thanks.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thank you you are the man!!!!!!!

SansJason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#388  Edited By SansJason

Does anyone else get the problem where downloading an .m3u playlist of the quick looks only gives you the most recent fifteen or so, rather than every quick look (or whatever your search parameters are)? I like falling asleep to a shuffled playlist of quick looks through the ages and it's a bummer when this happens. Last time the problem eventually fixed itself but now it's been going on for a few days again - anything I should be doing differently?

EDIT: Oops, my bad, I see this was addressed earlier in post #375. Is there a reason this was deliberately changed back to be limited?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpicyRichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Site seems to be down :(

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By szlifier

@spicyrichter: I can only apologize for that and I'm trying to get it up. It looks like someone DOSed me.

EDIT: I decided to run it locally for now. Still working on server issues.

SansJason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@szlifier: Thank you very much, the site really is so good.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can officially add Austin now right?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By szlifier

@wolfhazard He's on the guest list for now, as there's been only one Quick Look with him.

Before I add him to the main list I need to do something about it, I don't like how big it is. It's become an issue on the mobile version, at this point you would have to scroll down to see all the names.

cyberlink420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple minor corrections to the database:

• The alpaca dating sim played on UPF 10/18/13 is actually called "Paca Plus", not Paca Love.
  • The name of the "Some stupid clicker game, no idea" played on the All Our Video Gear is on a Truck stream is "Monster Summer Game" (Steam 2015 summer sale minigame)
  • Burnie Burns' name is misspelled on the E3 2015 Day 3 video.
  • There are entries for both "Injustice" and "Injustice: Gods Among Us"; the former should be absorbed into the latter.
    • Same thing for "Just Cause 2 Multiplayer" and "Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod".
    • Also "Quake 3: Arena" and "Quake III Arena".
    • Plus "Speedrunners" and "SpeedRunners".
    • As well as "Star Wars Battlefront" and "Star Wars: Battlefront".
    • Throw in "Starwhal: Just the Tip" and "Starwhal".
    • And "Pac Man" and "Pac-Man".
    • And somehow, there are two identical separate entries for Mortal Kombat II. Can't explain that one.
  • There's several entries just listed as "Starcraft II" where they're playing Wings of Liberty.
  • Slight spelling/punctuation errors for "Lethal League (unifinished)", "Megaman 2" "TrackMania2 Canyon" and "Trackmania 2: Stadium".
  • The Metal Gear Scanlon 3 Bonus Episode is missing an entry for Metal Gear Solid 3. (They did actually play a level of Snake Vs. Monkey, so it's not all video.)

Pretty insignificant in the long run, but they were kinda bugging me. No rush on getting these fixed. Thanks!

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When revisiting chat, is it possible to change the video's quality? The terrible internet here forces me to use mobile quality. :(

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forteexe21: I placed the quality switch below the video.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier: Yes! Thank you! Now watching past live shows will be at least 200% crazier.