symbolic_symbol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By symbolic_symbol

Hi,

Since I'm a noobie here, I'd like to ask if it's allowed to place a link for my research project survey (google form) here?

I'm a sociologist and interested in game studies. My research focuses on the relationship between playing online video games and emotional well-being. And I want to prove quantitatively that there's a statistically significant causal link between playing MMOs and improving subjective well-being. I decided to concentrate on studying the Final Fantasy XIV players.

So, is it possible to make a post with survey link for FFXIV players on Giant Bomb forums? Won't it violate any community rules in terms of external links?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

Sorry, we don't allow those sorts of posts here.

Avatar image for symbolic_symbol
symbolic_symbol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: Oh, ok, I understand, thanks for answer!

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tartyron

You could, theoretically, ask questions relevant to your project and them folks DM for consent and conduct interviews. It’s a bit oldschool, but that way you don’t violate site rules. The gist being, start a new topic with a broad question title, disclose you are researching, type a list of questions, ask for responses and compile the data with consent. It’s more legwork than posting the form, but you would avoid issues, and a few people here might be able to provide you with a decent dataset, depending on your scope.

At least I don’t think that breaks the rules as there would be no external links. Mods tell me if I’m wrong about that.