Question for anyone that listened to the Out of the Game podcast.

mlmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mlmasters

My all time favorite podcast was GFW radio (the brodeo). It was the show that got me interested in podcasts... (including Giantbombs podcast, of course!) A lot of those those guys disbanded when 1up crumbled and then they formed The Out of the Game podcast, which hasn't had a new episode since Dec. Does anyone know what happened or if they are still planning on making more shows?  

ninjaman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ninjaman15

I don't know if they will be recording anymore episode for a while, you also have to remember that everyone is so busy now, trying to find new jobs, and Robert Ashley has his other podcast "A Life Well Wasted", which he has to worry about. So I wouldn't hold out hope...
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No, I don't think they've said anything about it at all.  Yeah, I don't think you should anticipate it too much.

teh_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By teh_kid

Jeff Green has an EA podcast and Shawn Elliott has an Irrational games podcast so you could listen to them there.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Castro

It might just be difficult coordinating everyone's schedules. You could try sending Jeff or Shawn a tweet to ask them. They might not respond as they get tons of tweets about it I assume. Actually, send N'Gai a tweet. He's a super-nice guy and might respond.

Also, if anyone isn't aware, Shawn Elliott's Twitter feed is pretty amazing. Check it out sometime if you're bored.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By turboman

Elliott has said that he wanted to do more Out of the game shows on his Twitter feed recently

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Whisperkill

Well that show was basically N'Gai and Shawn.  

Robert Ashley is a hippie douche, Jeff Green makes me want to kill him every time he talks about politics and Luke Smith was NEVER on...

MCWHAMMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By MCWHAMMER
@Whisperkill: I think you pretty much nailed it on all fronts.  Jeff Green made me stop listening to the EA podcast, although I don't know why I even started.  The MobCast from BitMob, and the Bombcast are far better than anything else out there, as far as gaming podcasts go.

But Out of the Game was different.  I really liked the in-depth talks, no matter what they ended up being about.  I had no idea it'd been so long since a new episode, until seeing it in my iTunes podcast list tonight and wondering what the deal was.  They don't even have to be frequent... once a month, or bi-monthly is fine for me, because the quality of their conversations is enough to get by for a long while.

If anyone gets new info on the situation, please post it here (someone on the libsyn site for it said that "ZootedGranny" claimed more eps were coming, on NeoGaf.  I don't subscribe to the site, but anyone who does may want to seek the guy out himself and PM him our thread).  It's one of my favorite podcasts.