Question on the Switch UK/Europe eshop

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HermanBloom

Are the dates/times it gives relating to the USA? I ask as Puyo Puyo says released 27th April. It is 8am on the 27th April where I am right now. Yet there is no download available.

Do I need to wait until midnight in some town in Texas before it becomes available to me? I ask as besides Puyo I am off on holiday tomorrow at 8am, with no wi-fi, so was hoping to download MarioKart before I left.

Also - if it is USA time, Amazon is saying if I pre-order MarioKart with them they will send me a Download code at midnight UK time tonight. So that has mightily confused me.

Thanks

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If it's anything like the 3ds games usually aren't midnight releases. The 3ds store updated at 4pm UK time on Thursday.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, OK, might try and contact Amazon and see why they are saying I can download at midnight then. This stuff is confusing.

Guess I wouldn't normally want to download so soon after release, but some kind of timer on the eshop would be handy.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Nintendo really need to sort out the eShop (among many other areas of the Switch UI). I had this confusion a little to. Was going to pick up Puyo Puyo Tetris from the eShop but it was hard to tell if it had been released yet. Thankfully a friend informed me that the game was cheaper on the US store so ended up getting it there where it is released. Downloaded and playing.

Hope you get to play it on your holiday, one heck of a great game but I think it especially works well on Switch with its portability.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks. Yeah it is all very confusing "released 27/04" you would think means I can download it when I wake up. Oh Nintendo.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Amazon have just come back and said it will be released "at 28 April 2017 at 00:00 GMT and you will be able to download as soon as it is released"

So colour me confused.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would appear it updates at 2pm UK time, as Puyo has just appeared.

Will assume that time relates to something, maybe the time Mario has lunch.