Radio's Dead - Episode 1

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vaxadrin

[edit] I took the episode down.  It was basically a test, and in retrospect, I think it was pretty shit.  We can do a lot better.  We'll be back with a much better "debut" episode some time in the future.  Stay tuned for more exciting developments as we (attempt to) make the best internet radio show ever.  Thanks a lot to anyone who listened & shared their thoughts.  Your input is indispensable.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KindGalaxy

Aussies, shit :/ must download in the name of patriotism! My Critique to follow... first negative; it's 26.7MB, you know we got download limits in Australia, shit. Second negative is in the post itself, you refered to yourself in the third person; that's just weird, swap 'Embodiment' with your name and add 'myself' at the end. 26.7MB is cool, if you're on iTunes, automatic downloading whilst I sleep thankyou!
Download still downloading, 53% done, Australia has slow speeds you know, grabbing another drink, expect a negative influence due to my walking 40 feet for a refill.
Walked the 40 feet, it's 81% done.

• Minute 1: Okay, it's done, listening, funky music. Enjoyed the lack of introductory obligations and jumping straight into the conversation.
  • Minute 2-5: Confused now, still no introduction... who the hell is speaking... can tell the Aussie voice though, WA kid.
  • Minute 6-8: Rather bored with the old game talking; Lost Planet and Lost Odyssey, I'm Lost in the Past! Though you guys are not in the gaming enthusiast press, you might as well be telling me about Pong at this point.
  • Minute 9: Damn still talking about Lost Planet at 9 minutes... and now PC/Console wang fighting regarding Lost Planet.
  • Minute 10: Getting curious about the people talking, what consoles do they have, how informed are they to be talking about PC and Console comparisons, does the lead speaker (I dub him Lost Planet fanboy) have PS3/X360 versions of Lost Planet and PC to be comparing the two.
  • Minute 11-12: WoW is 4 years old not 8 years old. Why does the grinding mechanic need to die LPFB? (Lost Planet Fanboy... still no introductions sorry), the Aussie who wanted to 'define' it brings up some good points, grinding is a mechanic of MMOGs to make you continue paying that fee.
  • Minute 13-15: Grinding talk still... getting a touch annoyed, thinking to myself that grinding is in every game; not just RPGs or MMOGs... CoD 4 had me kill a shit ton of other players to hit Level 55 in multiplayer.
  • Minute 16-18: Enjoying your ramblings. Nasal voice guy brings up Lost Odyssey again, damn reverse tangents, move forward not backward! Damn now LPFB (Lost Planet Fan Boy) is enabling the Lost Odyssey conversation to take over more minutes in this reverse tangent into JRPGs.
  • Minute 19: Awesome, girlfriend talk! This is what I wanted, some real life gamer experiences! Making me think about my personal real life experiences. Needs more of this.
  • Minute 20-23: Grinding talk again, shit, now it's Disgaea... which Disgaea? 1, 2, 3?
  • Taking a bio break, leaving it running.
  • Minute 24-28: Funky Music again; cool. Aussie time, cool cool, as an Aussie I'm happy we've renamed the drugs to Rad-X; Rad-X was in the original Fallout games, rather that than Morphine. Australian Guy seems informed, for a WA boy, on the politics surrounding our ratings board. Good tangent into the American perspective, in any podcast you should relate to who shall listen to your podcast more; USA related talk is always a plus. Whoever said he loved morphine shall be called Funny Man, still no intro FFS. Funny Man makes sexist comment, awesomeness.
  • Minute 29-31: If this is an iTunes Podcast you should say 'GiantBomb.com' to promote the website to non-GiantBomb users. Aussie guy should've outed the fact that it was only one State that vetoed the vote to allow us the R-Rating; South Australia's current Premier, every other state and territory voted yes, this would have then allowed the use of the term 'Morphine, rather than 'Rad-X'.
  • Minute 32-34: Could've gone on a huge tangent here on gamer culture; regarding death in games, doesn't appear to have been picked up by LPFB. I'd rather hear a commentary on universal gamer views (even your opinion on the universal gamer view and culture) rather than personal opinion on games, and on games I'd rather personal experiences rather than opinion (Funny AI experiences in games or fun multiplayer happenings), and 'real world' influences on your gamer experiences, such as the girlfriend thing @ Minute 19.
  • Minute 35: Feels like LPFB talks too much, is he the boss? You guys need one sure, he's cool and all but yeah... girlfriend guy has barely said anything. Oh! Funky Music again!
  • Minute 36-37: Last 24 hours news on MTV Multiplayer had some interesting articles on the self-referation of gaming in Gears of Wars 2 story, would've been a great reference for the part in discussion here.
  • Minute 38: Still no fucking intro guys, funky music... podcast ends in 10 seconds... Aussie racial sound bite is cool... that's it!

Good podcast for a first, you guys really need to introduce yourselves, announce what consoles and handhelds you own, as well as your PC gaming habits, I'd love some more 'real life' relations and expose talk. Again, good podcast guys, get yourselves on iTunes because I CBF to manually download this stuff.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rowr
KindGalaxy said:
"Aussies, shit :/ must download in the name of patriotism! My Critique to follow... first negative; it's 26.7MB, you know we got download limits in Australia, shit. Second negative is in the post itself, you refered to yourself in the third person; that's just weird, swap 'Embodiment' with your name and add 'myself' at the end. 26.7MB is cool, if you're on iTunes, automatic downloading whilst I sleep thankyou!
Download still downloading, 53% done, Australia has slow speeds you know, grabbing another drink, expect a negative influence due to my walking 40 feet for a refill.
Walked the 40 feet, it's 81% done.
  • Minute 1: Okay, it's done, listening, funky music. Enjoyed the lack of introductory obligations and jumping straight into the conversation.
  • Minute 2-5: Confused now, still no introduction... who the hell is speaking... can tell the Aussie voice though, WA kid.
  • Minute 6-8: Rather bored with the old game talking; Lost Planet and Lost Odyssey, I'm Lost in the Past! Though you guys are not in the gaming enthusiast press, you might as well be telling me about Pong at this point.
  • Minute 9: Damn still talking about Lost Planet at 9 minutes... and now PC/Console wang fighting regarding Lost Planet.
  • Minute 10: Getting curious about the people talking, what consoles do they have, how informed are they to be talking about PC and Console comparisons, does the lead speaker (I dub him Lost Planet fanboy) have PS3/X360 versions of Lost Planet and PC to be comparing the two.
  • Minute 11-12: WoW is 4 years old not 8 years old. Why does the grinding mechanic need to die LPFB? (Lost Planet Fanboy... still no introductions sorry), the Aussie who wanted to 'define' it brings up some good points, grinding is a mechanic of MMOGs to make you continue paying that fee.
  • Minute 13-15: Grinding talk still... getting a touch annoyed, thinking to myself that grinding is in every game; not just RPGs or MMOGs... CoD 4 had me kill a shit ton of other players to hit Level 55 in multiplayer.
  • Minute 16-18: Enjoying your ramblings. Nasal voice guy brings up Lost Odyssey again, damn reverse tangents, move forward not backward! Damn now LPFB (Lost Planet Fan Boy) is enabling the Lost Odyssey conversation to take over more minutes in this reverse tangent into JRPGs.
  • Minute 19: Awesome, girlfriend talk! This is what I wanted, some real life gamer experiences! Making me think about my personal real life experiences. Needs more of this.
  • Minute 20-23: Grinding talk again, shit, now it's Disgaea... which Disgaea? 1, 2, 3?
  • Taking a bio break, leaving it running.
  • Minute 24-28: Funky Music again; cool. Aussie time, cool cool, as an Aussie I'm happy we've renamed the drugs to Rad-X; Rad-X was in the original Fallout games, rather that than Morphine. Australian Guy seems informed, for a WA boy, on the politics surrounding our ratings board. Good tangent into the American perspective, in any podcast you should relate to who shall listen to your podcast more; USA related talk is always a plus. Whoever said he loved morphine shall be called Funny Man, still no intro FFS. Funny Man makes sexist comment, awesomeness.
  • Minute 29-31: If this is an iTunes Podcast you should say 'GiantBomb.com' to promote the website to non-GiantBomb users. Aussie guy should've outed the fact that it was only one State that vetoed the vote to allow us the R-Rating; South Australia's current Premier, every other state and territory voted yes, this would have then allowed the use of the term 'Morphine, rather than 'Rad-X'.
  • Minute 32-34: Could've gone on a huge tangent here on gamer culture; regarding death in games, doesn't appear to have been picked up by LPFB. I'd rather hear a commentary on universal gamer views (even your opinion on the universal gamer view and culture) rather than personal opinion on games, and on games I'd rather personal experiences rather than opinion (Funny AI experiences in games or fun multiplayer happenings), and 'real world' influences on your gamer experiences, such as the girlfriend thing @ Minute 19.
  • Minute 35: Feels like LPFB talks too much, is he the boss? You guys need one sure, he's cool and all but yeah... girlfriend guy has barely said anything. Oh! Funky Music again!
  • Minute 36-37: Last 24 hours news on MTV Multiplayer had some interesting articles on the self-referation of gaming in Gears of Wars 2 story, would've been a great reference for the part in discussion here.
  • Minute 38: Still no fucking intro guys, funky music... podcast ends in 10 seconds... Aussie racial sound bite is cool... that's it!

Good podcast for a first, you guys really need to introduce yourselves, announce what consoles and handhelds you own, as well as your PC gaming habits, I'd love some more 'real life' relations and expose talk. Again, good podcast guys, get yourselves on iTunes because I CBF to manually download this stuff."
Wow, thanks for the valuable input . Glad you enoyed it.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'll be sure to check it out at some point.