Random PC Game Question To Bombers

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By sammo21

So watching the lastest Random PC Game got me thinking. Have you ever watched them play a game that they enjoy but the way they were playing it actually made you enjoy it less? I haven't had this happen before the latest video. I'm chalking it up to the fact I enjoyed the game so much coupled with the fact it seemed like they didn't really want to actually play the game. Other Random PC games they seemed to actually attempt to play but this time it seemed like it boiled down to trying to either break the game or just see if they could shoot anyone. I guess it was more for comedy (though the bomb part was getting really frustrating, lol) than normal, but I'd never had that happen before. I didn't hate the random PC game, but I'm thinking my past experiences, memories, and emotions maybe got in the way this time.

Has this ever happened to you guys? Has your enjoyment of a title effected your enjoyment of a Random PC game? Like I said, I felt they played the game far differently in comparison to other Random PC Game's that they have done. Maybe it was just me.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

Playing a game is different then watching someone else play.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By zeushbien

The shadow of the colossus quick look was rather frustrating to watch, but that had more to do with them not remembering the mechanics.

Generally though, I find it interesting to see other people's takes on games I love.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

It's very easy to slip into that back-seat driver mentality and I have caught myself doing it at times. Best to just suppress it and enjoy the ride.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@Twinsun said:

The shadow of the colossus quick look was rather frustrating to watch, but that had more to do with them not remembering the mechanics.

Generally though, I find it interesting to see other people's takes on games I love.

Yeah, SoTC takes the cake for cringing while watching. There were a few points in the ChBrono Trigger ER where I was yelling at my monitor in exasperation, but given the sheer amount of video content on the site, there are infinitesimally few examples of what the OP is describing.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#6  Edited By sammo21

@Ravenlight: I wasn't complaining, or wasn't trying to rather. I was merely asking if anyone ever experienced what I did where you come across that one quick look, random pc game, or something where you for some reason couldn't get into because of something you kind of ignored in tons of other ones.

davo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By davo

It can be annoying when a player you're watching misses something obvious, but not everyone thinks the same, nor plays the same. Just gotta learn to sit back and enjoy what's in front of you.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Twinsun said:

How dare they not remember decade old mechanics!

I don't really have any issues with them playing things usually. The last time I remember was the Hydrophobia quick look that had Ryan running back and forth right in front of a big, bright, yellow ladder that was the way to progress.

As someone who hasn't played most of the games they play on RPCG, I could care less. It's entertaining, and lets face it those games are archaic by today's standards. I rarely felt like they were failing to do things they should have been doing.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zeushbien

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@Twinsun said:

I don't really have any issues with them playing things usually. The last time I remember was the Hydrophobia quick look that had Ryan running back and forth right in front of a big, bright, yellow ladder that was the way to progress.

As someone who hasn't played most of the games they play on RPCG, I could care less. It's entertaining, and lets face it those games are archaic by today's standards. I rarely felt like they were failing to do things they should have been doing.

Sotc came out in 2006, not sure how that constitutes a decade.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Twinsun said:

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@Twinsun said:

Sotc came out in 2006, not sure how that constitutes a decade.

And it's silly to expect someone to remember mechanics from a game they played 6 years ago when they review game after game after game for a living. I remember playing that game in the PS3 re-release when a buddy brought it over. I needed him to kinda explain the stuff I wasn't super familiar with from other outside sources to really get a handle on the game, and even THEN I felt like things were happening without me knowing why, or what I should be doing differently. I may have exaggerated, but more just because the difference between a decade and 6 years isn't that huge in this case, and doesn't change the fact that the game didn't really make all of that stuff terribly clear without you just messing around with the systems and seeing what they did.

Avatar image for posttimeskipsam
posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By posttimeskipsam

I primarily watch Giant Bomb videos for entertainment, which is why I can enjoy Jeff and Vinny play sports games and it's why I love the Endurance Run. I wouldn't be visiting Giant Bomb if my enjoyment of a video was dependent on how well a person plays a game.