Random question, but... Metro Redux or Dead Rising 3?

AsKo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Help me save 28 dollars.

I bought both as part of a Black Friday sale, and I'd like to keep them but I may need the cash.

I had Metro in my head as one of the big reasons why I wanted a next-gen console; I skipped the first two games after I heard that the PC versions were the "correct" way to play, but Redux seems to give me the best of both worlds. However, I feel like this could be even better if I got it on PS4 in the future, and it'd probably have gone down in price by then naturally. Anyone know if there's a drastic performance change?

I adore the first Dead Rising. Even if the save system was as cracked out as the friendly AI, finding all those crazy weapons to chop up zombies with is just so entertaining to me. I also loved the setting of it being in a big mall, it felt so believable. However, I skipped Dead Rising 2, only played Case Zero and never got around to the rest of it. I snagged the Apocalypse Edition for the above price, and it sounds like it has a lot to do, but is any of it fun? The reaction to DR3 seemed very mixed.

Man, this time last year I would have bought these games and more (came close to snagging The Evil Within for the same price as these), but I want to think about my purchases more carefully. I don't want to have a massive backlog for my new consoles as well as my old ones! I'm still waiting on the Xbox One to be mailed to me anyway so no rush to rip these games open either.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would get metro over dead rising,however since you mentioned evil within i would get that over the other two.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By EuanDewar

Bit of an apples and oranges conundrum you've got with this one mate. Both Metro games are quite well liked, two great narrative experiences. Dead Rising 3 is a lot of fun, a lot of content to explore too. In terms of value for money you cant really go wrong with either.

If you adored the first Dead Rising I'd recommend going with Dead Rising 3 but in all honesty... You could quite easily just as flip a coin on this particular decision.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi

Take both back, get Dead Rising 2. It's the best one in the series, having the weirdness of the first game but also making it infinitely more playable.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I would go Dead Rising 3. I feel like you could probably wait a bit and still get Metro Redux on sale quicker at some point since it seems like the previous 2 games have gone on sale countless times for both pc and consoles over the previous year.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mustainium

One great game vs two good ones

I'd go with DR3, since it'll probably last you longer than both Metros combined.

The Metro games are certainly worth your time as well, I just think DR3 is an altogether better game.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Metro Redux

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

dr3 is technically more value for money but i found a lot of the game was heavily padded, each mission tends to have the objective set at the far opposite of the map so there is a lot of traversal that gets pretty tedious.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead Rising 3 fixes a lot of things wrong with the franchise. It controls way better and and feels way better in general. It has a campy but better story than the past two games.

I only played the original release of Metro but it is a good intense game with a cool vibe and decent story.

I would say if you are looking for fun and to relax and do cool shit get DR3, if you want to get into a intense deep story and atmosphere then Metro is probably what you want.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metro any day. Especially since you haven't played them before.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would choose Dead Rising 3 really. I am pretty much in your same boat. Love the Dead Rising games. Just Love em. and Dead Rising 3 is great. Loved that one too.

And when the first two Metro games came out I never played them so that I can play them on PC later but ultimately got them with Redux for the PS4. And honestly I wasn't super impressed with them. Maybe because of them being dated or maybe just because of the style but they are just so slow. Too much for me even, which I can usually handle and get the hang of, but not hear.

So for me personally I would get Dead Rising 3.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metro to slightly tweak your brain, Dead Rising to turn it off and go nuts. Neither one is a bad choice, it just depends on what you're in the mood for with your video games right now.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Metro, particularly if you're looking for an interesting world and story. And also don't share the same opinions on games as Dan Ryckert.

If you just want to beat the shit out of some zombies... well DR3 for that.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I finished 2033 Redux recently and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mind you, I played the Spartan mode because I'm not a huge fan of the survival aspect. It was an immersive, interesting shooter with a morality system that isn't (at all) obvious.

Jumped right into Last Light afterward and lost myself in it just as easily. They're fantastic games in a genre too full of CoD clones, if you ask me (and not Dan Ryckert).