Rap Rabbit - From the creators of Parappa The Rapper & Gitaroo Man

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know how well the Parappa Remastered edition did sales-wise and whatever that'll have any say in the future of new Parappa games or a UmJammer Lammy Remaster, but while waiting for any of those to happen, we might get some new rhytm shenanigans!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/05/15/introducing-ps4s-next-rhythm-action-hero-project-rap-rabbit/

It gives me great pleasure to unveil the Kickstarter campaign for Project Rap Rabbit. The first-ever collaboration between NanaOn-Sha and iNiS J, Project Rap Rabbit is a brand-new type of rhythm-action game that fuses elements from our past titles with mechanics fresh to music gaming. Our adventure is the story of rapping rabbit Toto-Maru and his sidekick Otama-Maru as they travel through a world recovering from a great catastrophe. By fighting the leaders of neighbouring factions via the medium of rap battles, our heroes can bring about peace to their troubled lands.

Their Kickstarter goal is a pretty hefty 855k pounds, which converts into around million dollars/euros. It does already have 36k gathered, so maybe they'll get there before the deadline. Hopefully they'll do, because I wouldn't mind playing a colorful sorta Parappa-like rhytm game, that is also a modern one and doesn't suffer from terrible input lag and likely brings something new to the table as well.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I pledged a few hours ago, looking forward to it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Will pledge, love rhythm games and the style of this looks really great.
Who put together this Kickstarter though. "Make Rhythm-Action Great Again!" and "inspired by the Epic Rap Battles Of History Youtube Series".
Just looks a bit tacky, but whatever.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

@glots said:

Their Kickstarter goal is a pretty hefty 855k pounds, which converts into around million dollars/euros. It does already have 36k gathered, so maybe they'll get there before the deadline.

PQube are already lined up to publish in the West and are handling the press for it already (they put out a press release a few hours ago). Obviously doesn't guarantee anything, but I'd be surprised if this doesn't make it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

24 days to go, but 121k so far isn't exactly too promising.

warcat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 54

Yo, I could get up with this game on the Parappa tip, yo. But got my fingaz crossed for a Playstation 1 release. I can't get hippa to the hoppa with this modern stuff, yo.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By glots
@glots said:

Now 11 days to go and it's at 129k. Going to assume that they're probably not going to make it...unless the gameplay reveal they're finally doing in about 20 hours is going to be so mindblowing that it gets people to donate that remaining 830k worth of cash money.

The developers don't really seem at all concerned though, but then again, I don't know if KS creators ever really voice out their concerns in regards to likely not reaching the needed funding.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots said:
@glots said:

Now 11 days to go and it's at 129k. Going to assume that they're probably not going to make it...unless the gameplay reveal they're finally doing in about 20 hours is going to be so mindblowing that it gets people to donate that remaining 830k worth of cash money.

The developers don't really seem at all concerned though, but then again, I don't know if KS creators ever really voice out their concerns in regards to likely not reaching the needed funding.

:(

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Maybe people would be more willing to put up some money for this if the Parapa PS4 port wasn't so terrible. Updating the graphics is nice but not even trying to fix the latency issues just reeks of "Give us money for this you dumb nostalgia dopes." For the record I was one of those dumb nostalgia dopes.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By glots
Loading Video...

Seems maybe alright for a conceptual...though maybe they should've shown this right from the start, or even better, have some further developed gameplay to show-off with how much money they are asking.