RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RedRoach

All credit goes to Linkyshinks, who gave me the idea with his film topic : 

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/rate-the-last-film-you-watched/226491/#744   

All text below was typed by Linkyshinks, all i did was change film to game in some places.

***[Please compliment your ratings with a few words]***

Please use this thread to rate and review a game you have played or beaten, be it recently or in the past.  Please rate it out of 5, which in line with GB's review system if you can, or if your prefer, out of 10.  If you are going to review a game, do take the time to add some ample text to your post, and avoid simply posting your score rating alone. The intention of this thread is to inform GB's community to games they may not be aware about. A good film review is informative to the reader, it should give them an good idea of your own personal responses to it. 

If you wish to include a video be it a trailer or a clip:  

Click the "insert" tab above in the posting box, then click "video", and then paste the embed code into the box that appears, Press the red tab and the video will show.   

[Avoid posting scenes of graphic sex and violence]

Thanks.

Halo3: ODST: ****

Halo 3: ODST is an stand alone expansion pack to Halo 3. In the Campaign, you take the role of the "Rookie" a silent protagonist, known only as the Rookie. The single player has great gameplay as with all games of the series, but the story is and the characters are uninteresting and boring. The second new mode is Firefight, a co-op mode that involves you and three friends fighting off wave after waves of covonant troops a la Gears of War's Horde mode. The box also includes a 2'nd disk containing the multiplayer of Halo 3, with all the DLC and 3 new maps. 
If you liked Halo 3, you'll like ODST, if you don't like Halo games, this one won't change your mind 

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

Gridrunner Evolution: (Cant give rating because my mind is mush) 

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By PureRok

Well, the last game I beat was this morning.

Persona 4 True Ending.

I'll give it a 5/5 and/or 9/10.

It was pretty good, but it got a little repetitive on the dungeon crawling side. The characters and social interaction completely made up for it.

Yosuke is probably my favorite character.

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By unclejohnny79

Batman AA, 

it was great but some of the boss fights were totally average and the joker got on my nerves eventually 

8.5 out of TEN

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Andorski
Critter Crunch on PSN: 5/5.

It's a simple and addictive puzzler that can somewhat be described as a Puzzle League game with an ecosystem twist.  The core game mechanic easy to pick up, leaving plenty of room to learn advance tactics to raise your high-score.  The main campaign consists of 21 levels, each with slight stipulation to the fundamental gameplay (different power ups, more pieces to group and chain together, etc.).  There are also "puzzle" and "challenge" modes, the former asking players to remove all pieces on the board under a certain amount of moves and the latter giving certain rules that the player must abide by when playing.  The hand drawn 2D art is also gorgeous, which brings the small but charming back-story that accompanies this game to life.

If you ever found yourself losing time playing games like Tetris or Lumines, then you really need to check this game out.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

oh man i cant even tell what the last game i played was cuz i just play several games at the same time all the time and dont really finish all of em.............

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By EVO

As one of the few people that genuinely loved MotorStorm, I finally bought Pacific Rift today and I've had a permagrin ever since.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

The Godfather 2, the game. 7/10 

Its a decent shooter on its own with satisfying and brutal melee combat, but its strategy element is wasted through being hardly needed since you can play the game by simply just shooting through every objective u come across. 
The usual rackets u can take over are as fun as the original and the way you work your own family with promotions and upgrades is definatley the highlight. 

Terrible graphics though and all the cars look like they were stepped on by King Kong and also aren't that enjoyable to drive around in with its shoddy handling.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Killzone 2, 89% because at the last level it was fustrating and horribly planned. Also what about aiming? The game thinks you can shoot everyone right between the eyes and it takes like three head shots to kill anyone. Also it takes a ton of shots to kill anyone if you aim at their body. The aim is really aweful and the worst i've ever played. The textures aren't even all that great, however the light was, it had good contrast and stuff. 

Okay a bit late to finish the game, I shelved it and now that I am going to buy uncharted 2, I played uncharted and killzone 2 to get those games out of the way. I rarely use my ps3 unless I really have to.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By EvilTwin

Half-Life 2 Episode 2.  I rate it really really really good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - 4/5 stars

One of the best Mario RPGs I've played. Great music and visual style with the sprites. Battles felt really good with the signature action commands of the Mario RPG franchise, although some of the Bros commands felt a little weaker; it felt like a case of finding the two you liked and sticking with them throughout the game instead of using different attacks for different situations.

The pacing of the story was a little off I'd say; like a lot of RPGs it seemed to taper off towards the end, and while the developers tried to compensate for this by throwing a bunch of boss encounters into the last dungeon, it really slowed me down and made me split the final scene into several playing sessions. At that point in the game I just want to be hyped up enough to finish it all and then sit back and watch the credits.

The game handled grinding well as an RPG though like most Mario RPGs, so I'll give it props for that. Just the way that you didn't really have to grind before a boss, just practice with your action commands and you'd be able to do it, although grinding was always there if you needed the extra boost.

I beat the second game in the series a few years ago and I can definitely say this was better than that one, although I've yet to play the third.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By keyhunter

I'm in the beginning stretch of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. I give it 5/5 because it's a DS game that's held my attention for more than 15 minutes. Also I like fuzing monsters. More games should be about fuzing monsters.