• 57 results
underworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By underworld

Are they worth the extra money or a gimmick to get gamers to buy shiny expensive accessories? I ask because I need a mouse for diablo 3. I was playing the beta on my macbook pro and realized the touchpad sucks.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jrinswand

Yes. Logitech, on the other hand, are fantastic. Get the G500. You'll never need another mouse.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By nintendoeats

I've had two, using one now. I also have a Razer Onza 360 controller.

I don't know, they're fine. I don't recommend the controller. I would never have spent the money to buy the mice new.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By jimi

Just get a logitech. I have 3 logitech mice and they all still work after years of use.

underworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By underworld

@Jrinswand: Do logitech mice work on macs? I ask because I couldn't find anything on their website that says they support macs.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jrinswand
@underworld2086: I dunno. I've never owned a Mac. I don't see why they wouldn't work though. They're just USB mice.
myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By myke_tuna
@underworld2086: I just bought a Logitech G400 (in transit from Amazon as we speak) because of Diablo 3. I just needed a mouse with more buttons. And maybe more precision(?). I'll let you know how it works if you'd like.

I've never really bought into gaming mice. Not because I don't think they work, but because I feel they're too expensive. That said, I only got this mouse because it was fairly cheap compared to others and I came upon some extra money. I'm also currently using a very cheap Logitech mouse and it's been working since 2008, so the company's proven itself in my mind. If I really fall in love with the 400, I'll get a G500. I hear they're the better version.
Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@Jrinswand said:

Yes. Logitech, on the other hand, are fantastic. Get the G500. You'll never need another mouse.

I could not disagree more. You can get a great razer mouse for the same price as the G500. Also, almost every Logitech hardware I've ever owned has been a piece of crap that's stopped working after a year. With Razer you're paying for quality, the hardware will last much longer, saving you money in the end.

m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By m0rdr3d

I suggest you DO NOT buy the Epic (wireless version). Mine died in less than 6 mos. I wouldn't blame it on the battery since I have it plugged in and it still doesn't work. What's worse, a friend of mine had his die in less than a week. Buyer beware.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jrinswand
@RollingZeppelin: I had a G5 for 3 years before it broke and when it did, I simply called Logitech and they sent me a brand new mouse free of charge. I didn't have to pay for shipping or anything. Even if you do have problems with Logitech products, their warranties and customer service are more than worth it.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DystopiaX

@RollingZeppelin said:

@Jrinswand said:

I could not disagree more. You can get a great razer mouse for the same price as the G500. Also, almost every Logitech hardware I've ever owned has been a piece of crap that's stopped working after a year. With Razer you're paying for quality, the hardware will last much longer, saving you money in the end.

Razer is not quality. Their shit is overpriced because it's "premium", I know people who have 518xs since they came out with no problems. Logitech makes good shit if you buy the gaming grade stuff and not the 20 dollar cheap shit that they also sell.

I know people who have bought Razer hardware and their shit lasted only 3 months, much less a year. Their sensors are shittier as well (G9x has the most accurate sensors vs DPI) and you're paying a premium because it's a "gamin" brand and for shiny LEDs in all your equipment.

underworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By underworld

@myketuna: That would be awesome. Let me know how it goes.

@RollingZeppelin said:

@Jrinswand said:

Your not sponsored by razer are you? Which mouse do you have? I was looking at the deathadder.

rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@m0rdr3d said:

I suggest you DO NOT buy the Epic (wireless version). Mine died in less than 6 mos. I wouldn't blame it on the battery since I have it plugged in and it still doesn't work. What's worse, a friend of mine had his die in less than a week. Buyer beware.

Yep, that sounds like my general experience with Logitech.

rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@underworld2086 said:

@myketuna: That would be awesome. Let me know how it goes.

@RollingZeppelin said:

@Jrinswand said:

Your not sponsored by razer are you? Which mouse do you have? I was looking at the deathadder.

Nope, just very impressed with their hardware. I've had a Deathadder for over a year now and it works great, no problems at all.

BC_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BC_

I've had problems with both Razer and Logitech mice. It feels as though more people complain about Razer, but that could be all in my head.

I've been using a Razer Imperator for over a year now and I'm quite happy with it.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By grilledcheez

I have an old razer diamondback 3g that I really like (feel really good in my hand / lightweight).

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By nintendoeats

@RollingZeppelin said:

With Razer you're paying for quality, the hardware will last much longer, saving you money in the end.

Within 2 weeks of buying my Onza the left trigger became stuck. There is a piece of plastic that is loose in there that occasionally gets itself stuck in the mechanism. The warranty doesn't cover it because I bought from an unlicensed dealer.

And I bought the fancy one too. everything about it feels cheap, but it costs 10 dollars more than a WIRELESS official 360 controller. The only thing that I like about it is the mechanical face buttons. If I could take those and stick them on one of my proper controllers I would do so.

rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@nintendoeats said:

@RollingZeppelin said:

With Razer you're paying for quality, the hardware will last much longer, saving you money in the end.

Within 2 weeks of buying my Onza the left trigger became stuck. There is a piece of plastic that is loose in there that occasionally gets itself stuck in the mechanism. The warranty doesn't cover it because I bought from an unlicensed dealer.

And I bought the fancy one too. everything about it feels cheap, but it costs 10 dollars more than a WIRELESS official 360 controller. The only thing that I like about it is the mechanical face buttons. If I could take those and stick them on one of my proper controllers I would do so.

Well, I suppose it's all conjecture unless someone has statistical data on the quality control processes of each company. I'm just saying that almost all of the hardware I've ever owned from Logitech has been cheaply made and easily broken. I'm personally going to look for alternatives to any product that may be in Logitech's wheelhouse because I don't trust them to make good products.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jrinswand
@RollingZeppelin said:

Well, I suppose it's all conjecture unless someone has statistical data on the quality control processes of each company. I'm just saying that almost all of the hardware I've ever owned from Logitech has been cheaply made and easily broken. I'm personally going to look for alternatives to any product that may be in Logitech's wheelhouse because I don't trust them to make good products.

I don't have any statistical data, but as a counter to your experience, I have been using a Logitech G500 mouse, a Logitech G35 headset, and a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (possibly the best non-mechanical illuminated keyboard of all time) for years without a single hitch. Take that for what it's worth. /shrug

I will say that I bought a G110 keyboard and got rid of it, not because it was poorly made but because I just didn't like the feel of it. Plus it's hard to beat the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard.
JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By JoeyRavn

@RollingZeppelin said:

@m0rdr3d said:

Yep, that sounds like my general experience with Logitech.

What? The Naga Epic is a Razer mouse, not Logitech.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By StingingVelvet

@Jrinswand: Exactly.

Razer mice are okay, but in my experience Logitech mice are better. I use a G500 right now and it is excellent.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#23  Edited By galiant

I've used a Logitech MX518 since World of Warcraft came out. It's cheap, reliable and incredibly comfortable.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#24  Edited By D_W

I've had a Razer Naga for about two years or so now and I've found it to be pretty damned nifty. Though it is a bit light and I wish the keypad on the side was a full keypad with a -, +, and return key, but still I feel it was worth the amount I paid for it.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Huey2k2

I have had a Razer Naga for a year and a half now, works flawlessly. No problems whatsoever. Anyone who says they are overpriced is probably right, but you know what? "Gaming" mice/keyboards/accessories are overpriced in general. The trick is to find one that suits your needs. I love my Naga and can't imagine playing MMO's without it anymore. I would also recommend it as a great mouse to play D3 on. Having the numbers on the side (once you get used to it) is absolutely amazing. Is it technically as accurate as other mice? Maybe not... but I generally am not playing shooters, and when I do, I am not hardcore enough to worry about minute differences in accuracy.

The best advice anyone can give you is to find a mouse that suits your needs, and for me, that mouse is the Naga.

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By easthill

Microsoft IntelliMouse 3.0
Had that mouse for 8 years before the cord got sick, some quick repairwork and the mouse was good for another year. The mouse still works, but the little fella is tired now, and got replaced by the Logitech MX518. Fine mouse, but I'll never forget you - intellimouse.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#27  Edited By Mnemoidian

@m0rdr3d: I assume you mean the Epic Naga?

I've been using one since January 2011, not had a single problem with it.

Though... yeah, I don't know why I got a wireless mouse in retrospect. Just sayin', 16 months, going strong, and while I'm far from abusive with my stuff, I do use it a lot.

Then again, my Logitech MX500 still works. Hell, my Logitech Optical Mouseman probably also works, and the others... I tend to swap more because I want something new (a couple of years apart), rather than them breaking down. My Razer Naga Epic is my first Razer mouse, and that's been working well.

On the other hand, my Razer Onza Tournament edition has a busted right analog stick (always drags down), which is apparently a not an uncommon problem with those. So, on the whole, better experience with Logitech than Razer, but not had any problems with Razer mice.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sooty

I've been using the 3.5G Deathadder for about a year now, it's pretty great. Logitech also make some nice mice but I don't like their gaming range. I have a wireless MX1100 which is incredibly comfy, I only use that for my laptop if I ever want to play games. If it wasn't for gaming, I'd be using the MX1100. Did I mention how fucking comfy that thing is? It's glorious. I don't like it for gaming so much because it's wireless and the DPI is pretty low.

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By evilrazer

I won two Razer Copperhead a while back and my first mouse stopped working after about two years of using it (RMB stopped registering a click), the second Razer mouse I use now has its flaws too. My mouse wheel stopped working approximately one year ago. If I had a chance, I would have taken Logitech mouse in a heartbeat, I heard that they are cheaper and more reliable. Maybe I was unlucky or something.

Razer mice have a different grip, most of them you can use only with 3-finger grip and they don't feel so good when you hold them with your whole hand, but Razer offers a wide selection of mice so you could find the one for you. Still, Logitech.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By Humanity

@Jrinswand said:

@RollingZeppelin said:

I don't have any statistical data, but as a counter to your experience, I have been using a Logitech G500 mouse, a Logitech G35 headset, and a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (possibly the best non-mechanical illuminated keyboard of all time) for years without a single hitch. Take that for what it's worth. /shrug I will say that I bought a G110 keyboard and got rid of it, not because it was poorly made but because I just didn't like the feel of it. Plus it's hard to beat the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard.

I've only ever owned Logitech PC peripherals and they had always worked for years up until I decided to upgrade. Just recently I had wanted to get a new Logitech keyboard to use with my unifying receiver from the MX Performance mouse that I own (it's such a great concept I'm suprised I haven't seen it used earlier) I kind of don't like what Logitech did with their new generation of keyboards. I don't mind the flat laptop style keys but they turned the left shift into basically a regular letter sized key and decided to move the forward slash over there for whatever reason. Anyway I dug up my old Logitech keyboard I had from a combo a while back and plugged it in. Not only did it work perfect but the newage Logitech software recognized all the hotkeys and whatnot and that keyboard was roughly 3 years old.

Maybe you had some bad luck but Logitech has been nothing but a shining beacon of quality for pc peripherals.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MrKlorox

For Diablo 3, any regular old 800 to 1600 DPI mouse would be just fine. For shooters, however, you'd want to go with a higher DPI mouse and use a low sensitivity in-game.

I had to stop using my MX 518 when I got my MX Revolution (5500) combo (don't buy the combo, it's awful) because it suddenly started resetting my DPI every few minutes. You'd expect fewer conflicts using all devices of the same brand, but the opposite was true. So I got a Razer Imperator and the issue never came back.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32  Edited By zyn

@Jimi said:

Just get a logitech. I have 3 logitech mice and they all still work after years of use.

This.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By subject2change

@underworld2086 said:

@Jrinswand: Do logitech mice work on macs? I ask because I couldn't find anything on their website that says they support macs.

Yes, I use a G5 on MacBook Pro.

Logitech is great at sending out replacements if something does break. They have replaced many mice for me in the past and i've been using them for about a decade now. From the MX500, 510, 518, G5 and G500; often multiples of each.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wadtomaton

I currently have a razer deathadder. I used to have a logitech mx510 that lasted for ever (well until recently when the left click got spotty and I bought a new mouse lol, but it's been like 6 or 8 years, so close enough to forever).

ExiledVip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ExiledVip3r

I love my Razer Naga simply for the gimmick. In MMO's the Naga practically irreplaceable if you don't like keybinds. I've also found many uses for the keypad in non MMO games.

That said Razer's build quality is absolutely horrible, their practically designed to break at some point. The Naga in particular being infamous for double clicking after year or so of use.

Logitech on the other hand is rock solid all around, if they made a Naga style mouse I would buy it in a heartbeat. My MX518 will always have a place in my heart.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They had decent mice pre-07. Their new Deathadder has a huge lift-off distance.

I'm still waiting for a worthy successor to my IME 3.0, it's been almost 10 years. It'll be a sad day when I retire this mouse, I put so much work into it, it's kind of like getting rid of your high school ride.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Kazona

To make a long thread short: both Logitech and Razer make good mice for gaming. It all comes down to personal preference.

The one advice I would give you, though, is to make sure that you get a mouse that's comfortable for you to use. Comfort before # of buttons or dpi stats.

Case in point: I have a G15 keyboard and a G9 mouse from Logitech, and I (very) rarely use the extra keys/buttons. They are both very comfortable, mind you, but in retrospect I could have saved myself some money by not getting so hung up on the pretty extra buttons.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Tennmuerti

I bought a razer mamba some time back when i needed a wireless gaming mouse.
Came with a cumbersome corded recharging station. Completely defeats one of the main purposes why one would buy a wireless mouse in the first place.
The sluggish software package takes forever to launch if i wanted to do any adjustments.
And the sleep mode was annoying as fuck requiring 1 or 2 seconds for the mouse to wake up and start working again.
Unergonomical design that went for form over function imo
Tossed that shit in the garbage after a few weeks. Seemed too fancy for it's own good.

Had a darkside/darlkight? logitech wireless mouse for a good year now, super solid, smooth nice feeling cover, low profile, and i can use it on a couch, in the shitter, on my leg, or on glass.
One downside tho is high battery consumption due to the laser that makes it work on anything.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Grimluck343

I own both the Razer Naga and the Death Adder (as well as the BlackWidow mechanical keyboard) and have been very happy with them. They are very well constructed and the Naga has lasted over two years with zero problems. I use the Naga for MMO's and the Death Adder for FPS/RTS.

I've haven't owned a Logitech product in years so I can't really speak to their quality. I will say as far as the "boutique" gaming accessories that I was very unhappy with my SteelSeries headset and mouse. They felt very cheap considering what I paid for them and I have avoided that brand since (going on probably three years now).

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sooty

@Tennmuerti said:

Too fancy for their own good

Generalisation alert. My Deathadder is as basic a mouse as they come.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tennmuerti
@Sooty said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Too fancy for their own good

Generalisation alert. My Deathadder is as basic a mouse as they come.

You're right, i'll edit that.
management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By management

There is a lot of Razer hate in this thread. I currently use a Razer Naga and I prefer it to my old logitech G5, it feels way better in my hand.

My guess is that it is all subjective. When looking for a mouse you should first figure our how you hold it in your hand, do you use a palm grip, or a claw grip? When you know this it will be much easier to find a mouse that suits you.

You should no matter what brand you end up getting, get a so called "gaming" mouse. They are more expensive but definitely better than perhaps a comfort mouse.

duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By duggshammer

I will also promote logitech, I've had a logitech anywhere mx for a while now... it will track on anything! It's wireless and the battery life is fantastic.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By shirogane

Most people i know use Razer mice, though most of them got them on sale. The Deathadder seems to be a pretty good mouse for general gaming and use. Don't go for the crazy expensive ones though, like the Naga, those are for the insane people who do crazy things with their mice and need hundreds of buttons.

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By ColinWright

I have a Deathadder that I like. I think I bought it like 2 years ago, still works great.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jayzilla

I love Razer mice. I have owned 2 in a 7 year period and they are fantastic.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have a Cyborg R.A.T.-7

The customizability options are nice. I don't use the weights, but I have the thumb-rest pulled all the way out. Being able to program standard sensitivity levels has made it far easier to snipe in games, but I'm not sure I would pay the €100 price tag now, considering that my old Logitech still works perfectly.

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By VirtuaXav

I've got a slightly older version of the Mamba. If you look at the Razer site now, it's all green. Mine was blue. I don't know what the difference is, but I still like the mouse.

It was fairly pricey, but it's cool having the wired/wireless option. It also feels awesome in your hand, but I imagine a decent Logitech would do the same.

sagebirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By sagebirt

I have just bought the naga MMO mouse with the 1 million buttons on it. In your humble opinions what game should i be looking to give it a test on straight away? There's obvious games like MMO's but from experience, are there any games which became surprisingly better when used with this little piece of kit and it's extra button quantity?

tablefloor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tablefloor

I find the cheaper mice they offer are still pretty good. I paid about £30 for a Razer Diamondback 3G about 4 years ago, and it's still going strong. Feels nice and sensitive and all that too!