RB/ GH music selection

viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By viper3der

ok.. i like music.. but shouldnt they be putting more thought in to what we want in the games we pay for?

viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By viper3der

ok.. i like music.. but shouldnt they be putting more thought in to what we want in the games we pay for?

Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Thunderstarter

If by thought you mean variety, then yes. Rock Band is getting to those unknown artists through the Rock Band Network, so it's a start. I think Guitar Hero needs to get more big name bands, though. I don't want to slosh through 3 pop-alternative songs to get to a face-melting song by Metallica or Megadeth.
Then again there is Guitar Hero: Metallica...

viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By viper3der

I personally have all the games from the rockband and guitar hero franchises... except "band hero", had it... traded it in. In my opinion GH 3, GH Metallica and RB2 are the good games out there right now. Of the songs on the games, Imo... only 70%-80% of the songs are actually good. Id like a Hardcore title for the extremists.... incorporating what GH has been doing with special guests.. but by harmonix. A game consisting of only Slipknot, A7X, and BFMV... around 15 to 20 songs by each group and you would be able to play as the actual groups... The first franchise to create this game would.. in my mind.. be the music game god... for a short time, at least....  

I just hate the thought of Alanis Morriset and spongebob........ put that stuff on "band hero" and "lego rockband" 

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Marcsman

I actually like the variety of RB. I can go from Megadeth to the Jackson 5 or Roy Orbinson to Lacuna Coil. 
Variety is the spice of life.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By iamjohn
@viper3der That's what they made DLC for.
viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By viper3der

yes. i love variety. but u have to admit that some of those songs shouldnt exist... and my problem is the ones i paid for... like "cool for cats" and "rob the pesident"... 
I love the variety.. just think it could be better.

deepfriedmario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deepfriedmario

They simply cannot possibly appeal to everyone. Everyone has different taste in music (and movies, books, cars, computers, etc.). Harmonix kind of has an approach where they have track packs geared towards specific genres however (country, classic rock, metal) but these are all just downloadable content.

deepfriedmario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deepfriedmario
@viper3der said:
" yes. i love variety. but u have to admit that some of those songs shouldnt exist... and my problem is the ones i paid for... like "cool for cats" and "rob the pesident"... I love the variety.. just think it could be better. "
I enjoy Cool for Cats, not exactly a song I would play on Rock Band but this is a game that's meant to appeal to a broad range of people ranging from expert players to those that just want to have fun. Some easy songs we may find boring to play may actually be fun for others.
viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By viper3der

i know. im just saying....

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrKlorox

Yeah. Where's all the screamo and nu-metal in those games? For that matter, where is the real metal?

viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By viper3der

in my opinion no music genre is real anymore they all intertwine....... i saw a group that was nu-metal... but used an auto-tune .... wtf. but yes.. i think too many of the songs are for those who cant play well or the family spectrum. But these franchises have existed long enough to know that if they steer towards the younger audience and ppl who arent familiar with them by now.. they will lose the die hard fans... possibly...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By GunstarRed

The song selection in Rock band 1/2/lego is absolutely fantastic... The DLC can sometimes be absolutely horrible for a few weeks at a time but theres someone out there that wants it I guarantee it. There is so, so much stuff on RBN almost on a daily basis that i find it hard that anyone would ever complain about the selection of songs in that game. 

The problem with the metal/screamy stuff has in that game is that it appeals very little to people that like to sing in the game... I absolutely hate the last few songs in RB2 because they are so focussed towards widdly guitar parts and insane drumming (which for some thats absolutely fine) but if youre playing it with other people and having fun  the last thing you want to do is bust up your throat doing some shitty song thats no fun on the vocals.
viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By viper3der

i dont want screamo... just good rock and metal that sounds good and isnt impossible... and im not a fan of those last few either... i hate visions.. its so pointless.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By GunstarRed
@viper3der:
I dunno, theres a Megadeth and a Judas Priest album in full on there.... Seems fine to me.
viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By viper3der

out of 1500+ songs thats all there is?........

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JokerSmilez

They make DLC that sells. If there isn't a lot of metal, it's because metal doesn't sell.

viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By viper3der

and spongebob does?

CableCarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CableCarrier
@viper3der: Nah, I'm pretty sure there's more. In the case of those two bands, there's actually two Megadeth albums for sale, as well as two Judas Priest albums, plus a 3-song pack from a live album.   

There's also a bunch of metal on RBN, in addition to normal DLC that slips my mind atm.
viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By viper3der

not a big fan of those groups. yeah, i have a good bit of dlc and rbn...... but im just dissapointed in the selection sometimes.

CableCarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CableCarrier

Well, they have to provide a wide variety of stuff as DLC, in order to keep customers of all types interested in the service. Even if that includes stuff that, maybe, should not exist in a just universe.  

In any case, it's pretty amazing that HMX has continually provided DLC support for a game almost two years after its release (three if you're still playing RB1).

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Marcsman

Iron Maiden 
Motorhead 
Drowning Pool 
Motley Crue 
Judas Priest 
Ozzy Osbourne 
Avenged Sevenfold 
Evanescence 
Disturbed 
Metallica 
Megadeth 
They have a lot of hard rock DLC that is good
viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By viper3der

3 evanescence 
3 metallica 
1 BFMV 
3 A7X 
........ more... MORE i say!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Marcsman

Metallica will never happen again sadly. Ever since that GH crap. 
Personally I would love to see some  
Stone Sour 
Breaking Benjamin ( who are on there already) 
3 Days Grace 
Dio !!!!!!! Give me some Dio!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By tebbit
I like Cool for Cats... 

The baseline is fun to play GOD DAMMIT!!!! 

@Marcsman said:
" Metallica will never happen again sadly. Ever since that GH crap. Personally I would love to see some  Stone Sour Breaking Benjamin ( who are on there already) 3 Days Grace Dio !!!!!!! Give me some Dio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "
Gates of Babylon would be badass to play on the Rockband 3 Keyboard.
viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By viper3der

still. some groups are missing.. and you cant look at the setlist of GH5 and say you're satisfied.

viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By viper3der

yes... good examples of what we are deprived!

Neogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Neogene

Well I think they need more 70's and 80's rock as well. LIke Led Zepplin or more Skynard. Hopefully the new GH coming out will have the songs most people will love. So far the set list looks great but I still say we need STAIRWAY!!!!!!
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Marcsman said:
" I actually like the variety of RB. I can go from Megadeth to the Jackson 5 or Roy Orbinson to Lacuna Coil. Variety is the spice of life. "
Agreed. I love the pure vastness and diversity of the Rock Band library. It's pretty crazy.
davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By davidwitten22

Well, you want stuff like Bullet for my Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold. 

I don't want any of that stuff. I'd rather have some good pop-punk, some good metalcore, and some good alternative. 

So, people like and want different things.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By damswedon

I wouldn't mind more Rock n Roll, from the likes of Bill Haley, Chuck Berry, Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis. Or maybe some NWOBHM or some first and second wave punk. 
But you know I don't care because I have the option to play Master of the Universe followed by a spongebob squarepants song.

viper3der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By viper3der
@davidwitten22: which they have plenty of