Real Life RPG?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Akeldama

After using Gmail's "Tasks" feature fairly heavily lately, I got to thinking. Does any app or program exist that allows you to input tasks you must do that would then reward you with experience points to build up an arbitrary character? Just a dumb way to make your "accomplishments" feel like they are adding up to something?

This is probably fairly stupid, I have been drinking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That is the saddest thing I have ever heard.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EVO

@Akeldama said:

Just a dumb way to make your "accomplishments" feel like they are adding up to something?

They do. It's called a sense of accomplishment.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Akeldama

@EVO said:

@Akeldama said:

Just a dumb way to make your "accomplishments" feel like they are adding up to something?

Do you feel a sense of accomplishment every time you vacuum the house? Walk the dog? Pick up groceries? No. These are all mundane events we do regularly in life without thinking about them. So what if we could build a character's stats up using experience gained from these boring ass activities? Just a thought. Don't have to be a smug fella about it.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gosukiller

I have never used it, but isn't Foursquare kind of like the thing you are describing?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Akeldama said:

@EVO said:

@Akeldama said:

Do you feel a sense of accomplishment every time you vacuum the house? Walk the dog? Pick up groceries? No. These are all mundane events we do regularly in life without thinking about them. So what if we could build a character's stats up using experience gained from these boring ass activities? Just a thought. Don't have to be a smug fella about it.

Why do you need to feel a sense of accomplishment for every little thing you do?
vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By vaiz

@Akeldama said:

@EVO said:

@Akeldama said:

Yes. Because they're things I have to do, as a human being, and doing them makes me feel like I'm taking fucking responsibility for my life, even in the smallest ways.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Akeldama

@gosukiller said:

I have never used it, but isn't Foursquare kind of like the thing you are describing?

I have never used it either, but I was always under the assumption that was more to track where you have been and how many times you have been there.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Akeldama

@Khann said:

@Akeldama said:

@EVO said:

@Akeldama said:

Why do you need to feel a sense of accomplishment for every little thing you do?

I don't, I just thought it was maybe a neat gimmick for some indie rpg or something. Also, alcohol tends to make ideas seem pretty great.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HH

this morning i completed the quest for the chocolate donuts. then i ate 'em as a reward.

another successful day.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By supamon

There totally is one on the app store. I can't remember the name of it since I played around with it 2 years ago.

Darklaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Darklaw
ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By ShadowVirus

@Darklaw said:

http://www.rexbox.co.uk/epicwin/

There you go man. It should be on the Appstore/Android market.

This is what I was gonna say. Its basically a to-do list but you get exp for completing tasks, you level up and get loot. It's really not that great tbh.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

@Akeldama said:

@EVO said:

@Akeldama said:

Yes.

Why the fuck would I want to make life feel like a fucking grind?