Really cant decide which version of Multiplats to get.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Im the kinda of person that is very subjective to what people tell me. if they say PS3 has better tech, I tend to believe them, adn thus like it more because its "better" but honestly, I really dont know when it comes to Mutliplatform games. Im still seeing 360 getting a smidge better version (Batman, Wolfenstein, etc.) and honestly, this confounds me because usually the syestem with the better tech gets the better version (like the XBOX did last gen.) but that dosent seem to be the case this gen. And also, 360 does have the better GPU (according to experts) so its kinda makes since I guess. I keep thinking that since 360 supposedly has the worse tech of the two, that they wont look as good as the PS3 version with the better tech. Its strange, I know, but its how I feel. I do like my PS3 more than my 360, but honestly, I want the best visuals and performance for my 60 bucks. I know I make topics liek this all the time, but its a real problem I have. Will we ever see PS3 starting to always get the better version, or will it always stay 360?
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

360 has achievements.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
@ArchScabby:

And I can counter that by saying PS3 has trophys.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArchScabby
@Raven_Sword said:
" @ArchScabby: And I can counter that by saying PS3 has trophys. "
yeah, but trophy's aren't achievements.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, the PS3 versions usually were poorly optimized when compared to the 360. I noticed this in Saints Row 2 but the most recent example, Batman: AA, has none of that. It is a beautiful game on both systems and looks no different on either. It just comes down to personal choice. Which controller do you like better?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ravensword
@ArchScabby:

There the same thing. ones not better than the other.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ravensword
@RHCPfan24:

Actually, I rented both versions of batman off gamefly, adn noticed 360 had more vibrant colors and was less blurry.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond

I always decide on a game by game basis.  It's easy for me to decide on Modern Warfare 2 on 360 over PS3 (and even PC in that case), but I'll probably get Final Fantasy 13 on PS3 (even after the removed Japanese voices, damn it) for the single disk, and the fact that most of the development happened on PS3.

Batman on PS3 for Joker content, Brutal Legend on 360 for potential very slightly better graphics.

I favor 360 a bit since I have a backup 360 (it's been over a year since my 360 died, but I have a backup in case), my PS3 on the other hand died less than a year ago, but since it only died once I don't have a backup PS3.  I have more achievements on 360 than trophies on PS3 by far.  Not all the PS3 games got trophies in the past, and some were patched in after I beat the games.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Seedofpower
I think this point, hardware doesn't matter. It all comes down to the games and what kind of games and software you like.

If you like what the 360 is offering and the games it provides get a 360 and vice versa for the ps3.

Comparing consoles is stupid.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shadows_kill

if its online ask yourself will your friends are getting it for 360 or ps3 or which online you prefer. see if one version has something extra that the other version doesnt. see if one has a lot of bugs or something on it or if you like the ps3 controller more than the 360 controller.

it really depends on the game and which group of your friends are getting it. 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ravensword
@Diamond:

Did they say Brutal Legend may be better looking on 360? cause im trying to decide on which version.
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Griddler

Well most games will have a positive or a negative to them.. You mentioned Batman which is better on PS3 in my opinion because of Joker maps.  Fallout 3 and GTA IV are better on 360 for the DLC as well..
You also mentioned Wolfenstein which really would come down to which controller you prefer for FPS's (most prefer 360). 
PS3 does have the best tech, (just look at the exclusives) but I find the differences between multiplatform games on PS3 vs. the 360 are miniscule and barely noticable for the most part..  
The 360 has also been out for longer so developers will have spent more time with the technology and will know how to get the most out of it. 
PS3 will get the games that push it to its limits eventually.. A day I cannot wait for.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By PufferFiz

No offense but why do have to make one of these threads ever few days?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ravensword

Maybe I worry to much. I just want the best for my 60 bucks is all.
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By killdave
@PufferFiz said:
" No offense but why do have to make one of these threads ever few days? "
Because people still don't understand that even though the PS3 has better "hardware", the "software" inside the system isnt as good as the Xbox 360. Leading to longer development times and worse graphics.
They should just sticky one thread and let it be.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Jeust
@girdz said:
" Well most games will have a positive or a negative to them.. You mentioned Batman which is better on PS3 in my opinion because of Joker maps.  Fallout 3 and GTA IV are better on 360 for the DLC as well.. You also mentioned Wolfenstein which really would come down to which controller you prefer for FPS's (most prefer 360).  PS3 does have the best tech, (just look at the exclusives) but I find the differences between multiplatform games on PS3 vs. the 360 are miniscule and barely noticable for the most part..   The 360 has also been out for longer so developers will have spent more time with the technology and will know how to get the most out of it.  PS3 will get the games that push it to its limits eventually.. A day I cannot wait for. "
it's not bluntly like it appears. 

The ps3 doesn't have the best hardware for games. 

It encompasses like the xbox 360 strenghts and lowpoints.  

One of them is antializing, in which is worse. 

But it has better processing capabilities. 

But the blu ray is slower to read than a normal dvd, so to have a similar performance to xbox the game should be installed in the hard drive. 

And the instalations on the disk are slower on the ps3 also. 

And as the xbox 360 has more clients, the multiplat games tend to explore more the xbox capabilites, and port it to the ps3. 

That can change with the current state of the market. 

The best advice is to consider each game.
Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Like I always say in any case.

• Which Console do you have more friends to play with?
  • Which Controller do you prefer?
  • Which Console do you play more? Example: If you've been playing PS3 a lot, get it for the 360 some that way your not playing one console more than the other.
  • Any Exclusives DLC?
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ravensword

Maybe ill just go on a game by game review basis. However, alot of times Reviewers dont say theres a differenc when there actually is.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#19  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think worrying about which console has the better tech is an issue that people worry too much about. I've seen quite a few graphical comparisons of the same games running on the 360 and the PS3 and for the large majority of cases the differences between the two versions are barely noticeable and the consoles are of course built to properly run all the games released for them. Sometimes there are reasons to buy a game for one console and not the other because of extra content such as more DLC or extra characters, but this only applies to a number of games. Overall it really comes down to which controller you prefer, which console most of your friends play online and which one you can get the game cheaper for.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ravensword
@Gamer_152:

I dont really have that many freinds that play the games I do though, and Im not really huge on online play. and I do like the 360 controller a bit more, but I like PS3 more.
Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I started with this generation on the 360, I prefer its interface and online play, so I get all of my multiplatform titles on it. I may deviate if there's a title I'm not really interested in at a discount price ( Terminator: Salvation is a good example), but otherwise I've been keeping my gaming green as much as possible.