Really need an Android game worth playing

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sacui

Here's my predicament. First off, until games like Mass Effect and Battlefield are released later this year, consoles are pretty boring to me. I only have a worthless laptop that is not compatible with PC gaming. I need a mobile game.

Now, the problem with that is I've tried. I've searched my genres (RPG, Strategy, anything really) and not one has held my attention. I just need some recommendations for Android games that carry with them enough depth and, I want to say detail, to hold my interest.

Help a guy out.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Hearthstone.

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Free?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4 chaser324  Moderator

@sacui: Yes, Hearthstone is free to play. You can get a ton of mileage out of it without ever needing to put any money into it.

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about an RPG worth playing? Minus Xenonia or Inotia which have not held my attention.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yup, hearthstone is great.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By audiosnow

the Sequence is 99¢ for a mechanical puzzle game that'll genuinely stump you at points. It's also completely clean: even the demo is free of ads and telemetry.

I've owned Rusted Warfare since I bought my first smart phone which was too small to enjoyably play it. I still haven't dug into it, but considering it's five stars with 1800 reviews, and with no ads or Michael Transactions, it's worth a shot.

On the RPG front, there are Star Traders and Templar Assault, both by the same devs.

EDIT: Android Authority applauds Choice of Robots, and the reviews seem to agree. It's a text-based RPG, although I don't know how long it lasts.

Another very well-reviewed RPG I haven't tried is Doom & Destiny, and its only slightly less well-reviewed sequel Doom & Destiny Advanced.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8 fisk0  Moderator  Online

A few of Spiderweb Software's RPG's are available on Android, though possibly only for tablets (I know Avadon: The Black Fortress initially launched with only tablet support at least). Could be worth checking out if you're into isometric CRPG's.

Littleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It crashed a lot on me, but Banner Saga might be worth a look?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Hearthstone plays better on PC though.

Clash Royale is a shit game, but it's fun (or can be). I have been having more fun with their other game: Boom Beach.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mike

@zevvion said:

Many things play better on PC, it's still worth playing on Android. Millions do it.

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been tapping into Hearthstone. Thought it would be a lot more limiting. And I tried Banner Saga 2 on Xbox One, couldn't really get into it unfortunately, but I'll look at the first one.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tinder? :D

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thatpinguino  Staff

Final Fantasy IX

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Threes

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zorban_zorban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zorban_zorban

Gurk series. Fun 8-bit RPGs. The first one is free.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the latest bombcast Jeff mentioned Egg Inc. I've been playing it all day and love it. So if you dig clickers check it out. (omfg the numbers... they keep getting bigger)

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

80 Days

My favourite handheld game of the past few years.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Doodle Jump

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy Record Keeper is, in my opinion, the best mobile game out there. 100% free, super fun, great nostalgia if you like any of the FF games.

If you don't like FF games...move along, this is not the Android game you are looking for.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Driadon

@dave_tacitus said:

80 Days

My favourite handheld game of the past few years.

+1 for 80 Days. Great game.

If you like a Wizardry style classic dungeon crawler, the Wandroid games are pretty fantastic. Pocket Mortys is an excellent Pokemon clone with randomized dungeons. Magic: Puzzle Quest is the best Puzzle Quest game I've played in a while, mixing the card collecting and strategy of Magic while being fucking Puzzle Quest. For something a little heavier on the system Dark Meadow: The Pact is an Unreal engine game that mixes a creepy first person exploration adventure with a sort of crossbow shooting gallery/Punchout fighting system. I also have been playing Pokémon TCG Online recently which is much more forgiving that Hearthstone on when you get packs, it may not be as complex of a game but still scratches that itch. To add, these are all free (except 80 Days), some with in-game stuff you can buy and some ad supported.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wikitoups
Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@mike said:
@zevvion said:

Many things play better on PC, it's still worth playing on Android. Millions do it.

Good thing I didn't say it's not worth playing then. Just that it plays better on PC. Which everyone agrees with. Not all new players realize it's a PC game and assume it's only on phones. It was appropriate to mention it.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

All I've played on my phone is Tetris (controls are bad but I've gotten pretty decent at it), Super Hexagon and Cytus. I'd recommend any of these if you want something fairly active to do in short bursts, or just get an idle game/clicker for wasting time when you can't be arsed to put down any effort.

I wish Infinity Blade wasn't just on apple stuff.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mike

@zevvion said:
@mike said:
@zevvion said:

Good thing I didn't say it's not worth playing then. Just that it plays better on PC. Which everyone agrees with. Not all new players realize it's a PC game and assume it's only on phones. It was appropriate to mention it.

Then perhaps you should have said that the first time? What you just said makes perfect sense. Your first post leaves people wondering what you meant or why you even posted it.

You mentioned the PC version without context in a topic where the user is specifically asking about Android games.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8bit Ninja - Good action game that actually controls pretty well (use the touch controls, not lean)

Digrun - Decent match-3 game that is good to pass time.

Monument Valley - In case you haven't played it yet. Fairly short game, and the puzzles are engaging (but not really difficult). Fantastic art style as well.

Andoku 2 - It's fucking Sudoku.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#28  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

At the moment, I'm really fond of Dungeon Village (a city builder of sorts), Toy Defense 3 (tower defense with lots and lots of upgrades - the daily rewards keep rolling over too which is awesome), and Growcastle, sort of a fun take on tower defense.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If you like RPGs then check out Kemco. They make plenty of JRPG's. Some are free some cost a few bucks. Much cheaper than Square Enix games. Most of them are 16-bit style but a few have 3D graphics that are kind of like DS graphics but higher resolution.

Dr_Unorthadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sacui: Monument Valley.... the level design is amazing. It is a simple puzzle game but really well done.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bigsocrates

I would HIGHLY recommend Cook, Serve, Delicious.

It's by far my favorite Android game, plays great on a device of decent size, and has a TON of depth. GB has video too. I'm surprised nobody else has recommended.

I am also really digging Reigns, which someone mentioned upthread.

Edited to add the Crossy Road, Shooty Skies, Pac-Man 256 "trilogy" which are all fun. Also Horizon Chase is an okay 90s arcade style racer.

Avatar image for pastor_richards
pastor_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you'd like you can play older classic games on SNES. There is a free and very good working emulator called Super Retro 16 and Super Gnes. Both work fantastic as they were created from the ground up and not a code copy like many other emulators. They both have a fantastic working UI and navigation is easy. I believe they're still on the market store. Just a thought.

Drumbasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you get it through the Amazon app store, you can pick up Knights of Pen and Paper for free (microtransactions included, too). It's a really cool turn based RPG with a tabletop motif. One of the best games I've ever played on my phone.