Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

DirtyBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I want to shine some light on a game that was overlooked this year: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

If you're nostalgic for Wing Commander: Privateer or enjoyed the preceding Rebel Galaxy game and that universe, this is a solid entry in the space-trucking category. Maybe it isn't award worthy or topping any GOTY lists but it deserves a little more attention than it got. The thing I really appreciate is that the relationships you develop are genuine and the writers didn't use any cheap about-faces or betrayals to move the story forward.

It is a fun and satisfying, a little limited w/ regards to progression and activities once you hit the top tech level, but overall a really fun experience worth giving a chance. Will Smith gave it some love and I hope some of you do too.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I REALLY want this and am tempted to grab it in the EGS sale. Replayed Freespace 2 not too long ago and I want even more space goodness to exercise my HOTAS.

But I think I'll wait for Steam as the workshop stuff should couple very well with the ship painter.

DirtyBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundato: The ship painting feature is really cool! I wish more games did fun peripheral silly stuff like that. I have a Pigman from Don't Starve painted across the front of my ship. You can also export a file to 3D print your ship. This game does some fun stuff.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

I think it's a little too similar to Privateer, kinda lifting ship and space station designs straight out of that game.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm only a couple of missions in but I'm enjoying the game, I just wish it felt more like an original game and less like an HD remake of Privateer.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DirtyBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: It wears its influences on its sleeve, for sure. There is also a pirate ship that looks exactly like a Kilrathi vessel from the original Wing Commander.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's on my list of games waiting to be freed from Epic.