Rec Room PSVR beta?

voightkampff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By voightkampff

So, do you have to apply for beta keys, or is it open for all players to try now?!

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's all open :) And it's FANTASTIC. I bought Skyrim VR on day 1.. Played it for two days, then Rec Room came along and I haven't touched Skyrim since. Skyrim is rad, but Rec Room is seriously just so, sooooo good!

Paintball is super fun once you get the hang of the controls and learn the maps a little. Lazer Tag is also super fun, and you earn credits so you can buy different costumes :D

Rec Room makes VR worth it by itself. I shot two dudes at the same time with two separate pistols a few days back. I've never felt cooler.

voightkampff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mostlysquares: Awesome, thanks! It looks amazing. Like Job Simulator but social/multiplayer. Any other activites except the different shooting games and hanging out in the lobby?

Any idea of what the final game will cost?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rec Room is so, so good. I honestly wonder if it won't raise the quality of PSVR releases in general... when you have something that good for free, it's harder to get away with selling 30 minute shooting galleries and "experiences" for 15 bucks.

Seriously, almost any one of the games in RR could be successful on their own at 10-20 bucks a pop. I hope GB does a VRodeo soon, a lot of folk seem under the impression that it's still just a VR chatroom.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess I have to try this

voightkampff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By voightkampff

@shagge: Exactly! They should create more social, open, and free form games. VR works better like a party game platform than a linear single player campaign platform, for me at least, why I think developers should embrace this kind of game ideas.

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voightkampff: There's lots of stuff. You have a quest based on the lazer tag weapon set (sci fi) and you have two full dungeons based on the medieval weapon sets (bows, magic, swords and such) and they also have shield soccer (soccer with shields you use to slap the ball around) and 3d charades (you paint the stuff with a glue gun in the air, or you can use a blackboard and a pen). There are other games as well, but I've kinda only been obsessing over lazer tag and paintball :D

The cool thing is that most of this was added this year. The quests and lazer tag are pretty new, and they're adding lots more stuff all the time. One thing that interests me in a huge way is that they're redoing the Sandbox mode, where you can spawn all objects and build your own map and stuff like that.. So far it has been extremely limited, but they plan on letting people place far more objects and actually make their own game modes... And you can make these modes with other people.. So you could conceivably develop a game with other people inside rec room... I for one want a castle siege with the medieval weapon set :) Like a low-playercount Mount & Blade.. without horses..

Anyways, I ramble. I just love this game :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

@mostlysquares:Yeah Rec Room is awesome!

When I played it I teleported over to a downed team mate, revived him at which point he proceeded to shoot an enemy running up behind me as simultaneously took out an enemy behind him. Realising what happened we fist bumped.

Rec Room is awesome!

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By FesteringNeon

Agreed that it's awesome. Very good app / game for all kinds of people.