Recent Bombasts?

davidfox1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sup duders. Hope you’re all keeping well and in relatively high spirits.

The title of this topic kinda speaks for itself. What’s the podcast like recently?

I did find myself dropping off GB after the Jeff departure. Don’t want to get into all of that but I wasn’t a “no Jeff, no GB” guy. Just life events around that time somehow coincided with me falling off GB for one time or another. Still premium sub to show support and access the premium archive but I haven’t listened to the bombast since a while after Jeff went.

So how’s it been? Particularly, I read on another, currently-active, Zelda-related thread that Dan isn’t a regular member. Any info on why that might be (he’s creative director so kinda expected him to be a regular member) or if it feels like a hole?

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's true Dan isn't on the majority of Bombcasts but he's on a lot of the other shows on this site so I'm not of the mind that him not being on this particular show regularly is some kind of neglecting of his job or anything like that. He seems to put most of his regular games talk on his Fire Escape podcast he does with Mary Kish and Mike Mahardy if you're looking for Dan specific opinions on the subject.

Bribbins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The podcast has been good. Jan is killing it, the Jeffs are fun, and the rotating cast of guests are usually great.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lab392

Dan mentioned somewhere that he doesn't think he has much to contribute to the Bombcast because it's so much industry talk and sales talk. He's just into the games and playing them, not the industry aspect. He had conversations with people when he was returning to Giant Bomb where he said that he wanted to do a lot, but he didn't want to do the Bombcast. So those expectations are clear. Makes total sense.

Casse1berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fell off completely about 2 months ago. My interests just don’t align with the remaining cast.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

They have been good and imho better than any of the quarantine bombcasts. The group is different now obviously but seems to be gelling more and more.

Avatar image for perpetualoutput
Perpetualoutput

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They’re good I’m just not clear how the podcast points work

timoneous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

When it comes to the Bombcast itself, it's about as good as it's going to be considering the makeup of the staff. But honestly, it's kinda turned into a longer version of Grubb's morning show, but with more than just two people. We have the standard intros, talking about what people have been up to, some news and then the only different thing is the emails at the end. Yeah, they go into a bit more detail about games they're playing, but I would rather they do more QuickLooks and do the "show, don't tell" thing. But that's more of a conversation about the direction of the site in general.