Recommend a game with Moral Choices ?

• 65 results
ultrapeanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I heard Alpha Protocol was the best game ever made. And then I finished it for the fifth time, and it was! Again!

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Grillbar

cathrine, binary domain, walking dead, (tell tale game) and that game rorie worked on that im blanking on right now
edit:alpha protocol thats it

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@extomar said:

Oregon Trail.

yeah....

YEAH!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Tennmuerti

Pretty much most good RPGs fit the bill:

• Alpha Protocol
  • Arcanum
  • Planescape Torment
  • NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer
  • Witcher 1&2
  • Fallout 1&2
  • Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
  • Fallout New Vegas

Here's your cream of the crop when it comes to moral choices.

Everything else ...

... is just a game.

(PS: Walking Dead is shit if you are looking for moral choices that matter, sure you got some good choices in this game, but fuck all consequences or real differences in story from making them; it was one of my main and only beefs with it, choices that aren't real choices)

(PSS: not sure Binary Domain fits the bill either, you're just maxing out your relationship meter by saying the appropriate shit (mostly by nodding your head) and ending varies on who liked you by the end)

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Laiv162560asse

Best this gen for a sense of moral choice is The Walking Dead, IMO.

@herpderp said:

@demoskinos: I feel like people should play the first Witcher if they love bad voice acting, because man is it baaaaad. I must confess though, CD Projekt Red did an amazing job with what they had with the first game, it's awesome to see how far they've come.

It confuses me that people would subject themselves to a bad dub when the game comes with the original Polish audio and English subs. It's not like there's much reading involved. Plus it does a far better job than the Stalker and Metro games do with subbing floating text for side conversations.

I think it's a better game than TW2, mostly because of pacing issues. None of the choices in TW2 stayed with me like those in TW1, either.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@herpderp said:

@demoskinos: I feel like people should play the first Witcher if they love bad voice acting, because man is it baaaaad. I must confess though, CD Projekt Red did an amazing job with what they had with the first game, it's awesome to see how far they've come.

Did you play the original and not the updated enhanced edition? Because as I understand it they completely re-recorded the voice acting and redid the translation for the enhanced edition.

I remember playing the original one, and the voice acting was so, so, so, so, SO, SOOOO bad. The only thing I can distinctly remember is that the old Witcher guy, Vesemir I think, would constantly call Triss 'Babe' and it was just kind of creepy. The rest I can just recall being horrible, but nothing else was so dumb to stay in my mind. I'm so glad they redid it all with the enhanced edition.

Also, I recommend playing the first Witcher, a lot of people apparently dislike it, so I'm probably the oddball out, because I LOVED it and thought it was better than the second game.

Eviternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shotgunblast97: This is a tough question because many modern games often don't commit entirely to having player agency over the story, which is what I think you're looking for. The reason for this is likely rising production costs, but that's besides the point. Some of the suggested games only play lip service to the idea of actual player agency, such as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Binary Domain, (still good though!) and Mass Effect. For modern games The Witcher 1 and 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout: New Vegas, Dishonored, Alpha Protocol, Heavy Rain (Indigo Prophecy too!), and The Walking Dead all at least do a decent job of making the player's decisions the focus of the game, some even go out of their way to give the player as many tough and nuanced decisions as possible, with observable results.

As for older games, there are any number of RPGs out there that have stories dependent upon the player's choices, Fallout 1 and 2 are some pretty well known ones. But I personally think the holy grail of player agency in a game is the original Deus Ex. The myriad of ways you could influence the narrative and the way people spoke to you and treated you was pretty impressive, even today. But my favorite thing about Deus Ex is how many moral choices the game posited to you without actually telling you. There are no explicit "press this, this, or this button" or "make a decision, shoot him or her" messages popping on screen, instead the decisions are hidden.

I came here to highlight (the original) Deus Ex and Heavy Rain. Good to see someone beat me to them!

I don't understand why people are nominating Fallout 3 and/or New Vegas, though. In my opinion their choices are as black and white as Mass Effect, and possess little emotive power. (I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, however.)

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher's moral choices were good....but they didn't really matter beyond shaping the background of the character until almost the very end of Chapter 4.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Crusader Kings 2, you infidels

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the Witchers!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By Jeust

The best game of all: life. Now go live your moral choices!

More seriously, Witcher 1. That game has the best implementation of moral choices.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha Protocol, like others have said. Play stealthy, break the game with the abilities and enjoy the great story. Also has a great Nolan North performance in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Walking Dead and Witcher 2. Bother are a little over hyped though.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Definitely check out The Walking Dead (the Telltale one, not the one based on the TV show).