My gf had always been very reluctant of ever playing a video games anymore, but then she saw the trailer of the remakes of Spyro when I was on the PC and it piqued her interest. I bought her the full trilogy and she finished them all in like a month.
Now the thing is: I've tried to get her into other games but she has extremely low tolerance for anything that doesn't fit the following criteria:
- Very easy difficulty, unless its something I can play for her (like a difficult boss where the levels themselves are easy)
- Collectibles, collectibles, collectibles
- Fun, relaxed aesthetic (i.e. the opposite of something like Dark Souls)
- Don't need to think too much (very light puzzles are fine but no "deep" puzzle games like, I dunno, The Witness)
- No story. I mean seriously, one unskippable cutscene or dialogue and she is OUT.
- Controller support (the keyboard confuses her)
Any ideas? We don't own a Switch so I been thinking about buying one since I think the 3D Marios would be something up her alley. She also expressed some interest to Ring Fit Adventure when I saw it on GB.