Rental Blues (and other tidbits)

Torb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Edited By Torb

So I went to re-rent Dead Space today in order to complete the game (I've only beaten half of the game so far) but of course, it was not in stock.

They did, however, have Fallout 3, Saints Row 2, and Far Cry 2. They only have three copies of Dead Space in total (not available, but total), whereas there were literally about 12ish copies of Fallout 3, only two copies of Far Cry 2, and about 10 total for Saints 2 (one copy available.)

I thought Dead Space and Far Cry were a bit more popular. Am I the only one that thinks this? I just figured they would have more of each of these. Anyways, I managed to leave the place with no money spent, miraculously. I wanted to play all three of those games (plus the new Spiderman game), but somehow saved the money to try again for Dead Space tomorrow.

Dunno why, I just don't like that game very much. I'll probably inadvertently rip it apart when I review it. I tried real hard to see what all the fuss was about, but guess I can't. I only want to rerent it to complete it. I can't stand having it halfway finished x.x

As far as Fable II goes, I now own enough real estate to make about 14k gold coins every five minutes. Do the math. This game is freaking amazing, and I can't wait to finish it tomorrow. The quests are entertaining and thoughtful, and the game's visuals make me gawk.

I see on my friends' blogs that everyone is getting Fallout 3 it seems like. I hated Oblivion so I'm kinda thinking this game isn't for me. I'm still willing to give it a try though, so who knows. Anyone have any thoughts on the new games? What all are you playing now? Anything to recommend for my next rental?

As a final note, I'm too dang lazy to post my Castle Crashers review. Yes, I'm aware that no one cares about Castle Crashers anymore. But yes, I still wanted to write the review if just for my own benefit.

Torb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Torb

So I went to re-rent Dead Space today in order to complete the game (I've only beaten half of the game so far) but of course, it was not in stock.

They did, however, have Fallout 3, Saints Row 2, and Far Cry 2. They only have three copies of Dead Space in total (not available, but total), whereas there were literally about 12ish copies of Fallout 3, only two copies of Far Cry 2, and about 10 total for Saints 2 (one copy available.)

I thought Dead Space and Far Cry were a bit more popular. Am I the only one that thinks this? I just figured they would have more of each of these. Anyways, I managed to leave the place with no money spent, miraculously. I wanted to play all three of those games (plus the new Spiderman game), but somehow saved the money to try again for Dead Space tomorrow.

Dunno why, I just don't like that game very much. I'll probably inadvertently rip it apart when I review it. I tried real hard to see what all the fuss was about, but guess I can't. I only want to rerent it to complete it. I can't stand having it halfway finished x.x

As far as Fable II goes, I now own enough real estate to make about 14k gold coins every five minutes. Do the math. This game is freaking amazing, and I can't wait to finish it tomorrow. The quests are entertaining and thoughtful, and the game's visuals make me gawk.

I see on my friends' blogs that everyone is getting Fallout 3 it seems like. I hated Oblivion so I'm kinda thinking this game isn't for me. I'm still willing to give it a try though, so who knows. Anyone have any thoughts on the new games? What all are you playing now? Anything to recommend for my next rental?

As a final note, I'm too dang lazy to post my Castle Crashers review. Yes, I'm aware that no one cares about Castle Crashers anymore. But yes, I still wanted to write the review if just for my own benefit.

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By elbow

I've heard a lot of good things about Fallout 3 from people who hated Oblivion - like myself - so I am tempted to play this, but it wont be a good half a year before I decide to get this game. A lot of people I know are playing this game, but at the same time I wouldn't even bother with it for a while.

Loved Dead Space though.

ybouc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ybouc

I think how many copies a rental shop gets is not just a function of how much they think the game will be popular, but also at what price they're getting it, any promotions, and so on... like anything else.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I go to Blockbuster, they seem to definitely have a hard time with determining which games should have the most copies. Lots of big games only end up with 1-3 copies, then you got total garbage getting like a dozen copies. So that means often times I'll have to wait months to get my hands on a popular game, and that sucks.

OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By OfficialJab
TheGreatGuero said:
"I go to Blockbuster, they seem to definitely have a hard time with determining which games should have the most copies. Lots of big games only end up with 1-3 copies, then you got total garbage getting like a dozen copies. So that means often times I'll have to wait months to get my hands on a popular game, and that sucks."
Well the problem with actually SEEING how many they have, is how many get sold to customers that rent them for like 3 weeks, and how many get stuffed behind one or two facings because of space constraints. It's a big problem with 360 especially. I tried to make enough space for my 10 copies of Fallout on the shelf but could only make 2 facings with 5 copies behind each, so it LOOKS like there are only two copies. I get that a lot.

Always ALWAYS call ahead of time and ask them if there are any in, instead of making the trip. Saves quite a bit of diappointment lol
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Try to beat Dead Space. You'll not regret it.

pill92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By pill92

Don't rent fallout 3 you need to buy it to truly enjoy it.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Xandurson

Fallout 3 does look amazing so I probably will buy it but I don't have the money right now cause I need to find a new job.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By DBoy

I agree with you about Fable II.  I am amazed with the beauty of the graphics in this game, especially when the sun is rising and you see it's rays pour out from behind buildings and trees.  Spectacular.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero
OfficialJab said:
Well the problem with actually SEEING how many they have, is how many get sold to customers that rent them for like 3 weeks, and how many get stuffed behind one or two facings because of space constraints. It's a big problem with 360 especially. I tried to make enough space for my 10 copies of Fallout on the shelf but could only make 2 facings with 5 copies behind each, so it LOOKS like there are only two copies. I get that a lot.

Always ALWAYS call ahead of time and ask them if there are any in, instead of making the trip. Saves quite a bit of diappointment lol"

Sounds like you work there, heh. Okay, I suppose that's a decent enough point. In my younger days I would call ahead to find out if the game I really wanted was there, but these days, even if it isn't, there's usually something else I'm willing to try. So it all works out okay.