Request for a better video search function

wholemeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I don't know where to put this but I go.

Now I know that Giant Bomb has only so many people doing things for the site. But as a user of the site I would love to see a better search for video. Especially since there are multiple endurance run series, and RPGs and LOLs and Thursday Night Throwdowns. Maybe more categories for the videos?

I feel that it would encourage rewatching some of the old content that would generate more views rather then let it hide in the archives. It's good content that could be re-exposed to your newer audience. I love this site and would love to see success in it's ventures, I also feel like you guys could do a lot more with the youtube uploads as well including links to other videos at the end for continued viewing. It certainly has that effect on me when I watch game videos on youtube.

This is just an outsiders opinion, but it seems to do well with some of the more popular youtube videos and you should see similar success. Thanks for the attention!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

This is pretty much why I use qlcrew. It's amazing how someone outside of Giant Bomb has created a much more navigable interface than the "here's 100 pages of videos, click through them 5 at a time" interface on the site.

More categorization would be appreciated, as well as some of the filters provided by such a third party site.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There's also Giant Bomb Plus if you use Chrome. Or search Google for something like "site:giantbomb.com/forums best videos" because forum search is still pretty terrible. It is kind of sad that it's up to the users to make finding content possible. There's a ton of great content on this site but the back catalog presentation is god awful (sorry @alexisg).