Rock Band Australia

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Mars_Cleric

Rock Band 2 is out in the US now and still no mention of a release for the first Rock Band in Australia.
At the moment I feel like I shouldn't buy Rock Band when it comes out because I should wait for Rock Band 2.
But if this trend of Rock Band delays continue it could be 2010 before we get Rock Band 2.
I also know we it come out it will cost about as much as a new console with the stupid expensive games prices we have here.
I probably wouldn't be so annoyed if they just gave a reason as to this delay of ALMOST A YEAR!!!

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Psynapse

Rockband is available online at ebgames, you might have to buy the instrument bundle and the game seperate though.
Guitar Hero world tour will be available around the 12th of November in Australia for $330.
No idea on Rockband 2 though mate.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mars_Cleric

ExactlyPsynapse said:

"Guitar Hero world tour will be available around the 12th of November in Australia for $330."
Exactly, the idiocy of their release will just make me buy GH:WT and then since I don't want all these plastic drums around I won't want to buy Rock Band.
And for $330...I can buy a new XBox 360 for that (well close to one).
calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By calf_exercises

ok, this is what I am doing (i am australian and still hella pissed about all this)

buy GH4 then import RB2. If you cant import you will still have an awesome game. 
I hope
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By coakroach

The games industry hates Australia for some reason
:(

elektrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 41

#6  Edited By elektrixx

But we can't import RB2 because it's region locked. That is unless you're getting the PS3 version, but even then, won't you have an issue with the DLC?

My plan is to buy the GHWT kit and get a PAL RB1 disc for now. At least then it's my way in to get the DLC.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By KindGalaxy

It's not so much that the gaming industry hates Australia, EA has stated that the reason for Rock Band not coming to Australia is both their own decision and the decision of key retail shops; namely Harvey Norman and JB HI-FI not wanting to station two or more demo sections for both the Guitar Hero Franchise and the Rock Band Franchise, so instead of competing with Guitar Hero in Australia EA aren't even going to try and so we won't see a Rock Band release in Australia for the foreseeable future. This was my knowledge as of June 2008 when I did work for the lovely Harvey Norman company. Go make babies, increase our population, and then we might be able to support two fischer price knock off musical gaming sets in retail shops.

Shasam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Shasam

I think Harmonix didn't have the peripheral development and shipping facilities in place when they started Rock Band and Red Octane does, after a while of doing this. That's probably why GH:WT can come out and you're still waiting for Rock Band. I don't know what else to say though, sucks it's not coming out, but I bet Harmonix had to make some pretty tough decisions down the line somewhere.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rowr
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/898/898716p1.html

We wont see it, and if we do it wont be in any sort of decent time frame.

GHWT.

Who in the casual market here is going to buy rockband 2 when they have no knowledge of the rockband name? I dont think they can compete with GH now, they missed their chance.
calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By calf_exercises
elektrixxx said:
"But we can't import RB2 because it's region locked. That is unless you're getting the PS3 version, but even then, won't you have an issue with the DLC?

My plan is to buy the GHWT kit and get a PAL RB1 disc for now. At least then it's my way in to get the DLC."

yeah I have a ps3 and there is a loop hole with dlc, all you need to do is create a US acount then you buy the songs on the us PSN, I have it allll worked out
Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mars_Cleric
Rowr said:
"http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/898/898716p1.html

We wont see it, and if we do it wont be in any sort of decent time frame.

GHWT.

Who in the casual market here is going to buy rockband 2 when they have no knowledge of the rockband name? I dont think they can compete with GH now, they missed their chance.
"
I disagaree, I still think Rock Band is viable here in Australia.
If they are going to be a while maybe they could have a bundle with the RB and RB2 discs with the RB2 peripherals.
Though I'm pretty sure they won't when they could make more money just selling both.
SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By SSbabel

There will be no point at all in selling Rock Band in Australia, what they should be doing is exporting Rock Band 2 and every thing will be sweet.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mars_Cleric
SSbabel said:
"There will be no point at all in selling Rock Band in Australia, what they should be doing is exporting Rock Band 2 and every thing will be sweet."

I agree but I still think they need the Rock Band songs available for us here.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rowr
Mars_Cleric said:
"SSbabel said:
"There will be no point at all in selling Rock Band in Australia, what they should be doing is exporting Rock Band 2 and every thing will be sweet."

I agree but I still think they need the Rock Band songs available for us here."

yeh all they need to do is make the dlc available. how hard is that?

great avatar btw  :D
Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mars_Cleric
Rowr said:
"Mars_Cleric said:
"SSbabel said:

I agree but I still think they need the Rock Band songs available for us here."

yeh all they need to do is make the dlc available. how hard is that?

great avatar btw  :D
"
Yes, have the RB disc out there and just bring out the RB2 bundle.
They released RB2 as just the disc in America at first coz they knew people had RB kits still.
Just do the opposite here.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rowr

I still think they mised their chance with the casual demographic, which is really what they need to make it worthwhile.

I cant see them beating out Guitar hero here now they are doing a full set of instruments.

Though it would make sense for them to sell the game individually if its compatible with the GHWT instruments. (not sure if it is?)

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By SSbabel
Rowr said:
"I still think they mised their chance with the casual demographic, which is really what they need to make it worthwhile.

I cant see them beating out Guitar hero here now they are doing a full set of instruments.

Though it would make sense for them to sell the game individually if its compatible with the GHWT instruments. (not sure if it is?)"
So true GH now has the market in Australia, its gonna be hard for Rock Band to break in when GHWT is set for release in the next few months where Rock Band 2 has yet to have a release.
Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mars_Cleric

Updating this thread.
I just read a story saying that Rock Bandwill be released on November 7 this year.
Still no word on when RB2 will be coming out though I'm sure they just wanted to hurry this out so they have some compition against GHWT.
Let's hope it's not too long because I wanted the RB2 peripherals not the old RB ones.