Rockstar Fantasy RPG

Jman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rockstar is amazing at world building with their giant interactive open world maps, Character narratives, smooth animations, powerful quest lines, voice acting, horse physics, humor, level of detail, and more.

It's time Rockstar makes a Fantasy RPG with different classes/storylines to choose from. They could stick with the classics like sword and sorcery, necromancy, berserker, elves, trolls, orcs, dwarves, etc. or make new classes.

I'm confident that their fauna and flora would be highly detailed considering Red Dead 2s level of detail.

Rockstar has a massive studio with amazing talent but do you think they would ever consider a project like this? I'm willing to bet that if they went all in or even started this project on the side that there would be massive community support.

I love GTA and Red Dead but I'd love to see a Fantasy RPG from Rockstar. How about you? What would a Fantsy game from Rockstar look like and how can we let them know we want this?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see them doing a parody of it as an expansion or something, like how they turned Red Dead into a zombie game, except Take Two don't seem particularly interested in cool things or experiments, a huge amount of attention from this point on will go into GTA Online, no fun Table Tennis or RPG side projects for you.

I love the idea of developers making things they aren't known for, as Battlefield gets more and more stale i thought it would be revitalising for the developer if they were allowed to make something totally unexpected in between making the next numbered sequel, a Battlefield themed Kart Racer, i don't know, anything, Hot Air Balloon Simulator "from the makers of Battlefield".

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Maybe I'm just a cynical old man, but I think this is a robo-post.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I think that Rockstar is very dead. The Rockstar that would make a game about drug smuggling, The Warriors, school bullies and a 40's gumshoe detective story is not in the building.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BisonHero

@shindig: I’m generally with you as far as GTA is concerned. I still think they’re casting the broadest, most profitable net possible with GTA Online and all future GTA products.

But outside of that, who knows. RDR2 somehow got made by 5-years-ago Rockstar, a game that tells a pretty deliberate, not-very-fun story, and has a very specific brand of realism that included certain player controls and player animations that were not to everyone’s liking.

Maybe the Rockstar that made all the small projects you mentioned is basically gone for good. But at least thanks to RDR2, I still think they have some capacity to surprise us with the style of game they make. As long as they keep making games that Dan Ryckert hates, they must be doing something right.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:

I love the idea of developers making things they aren't known for, as Battlefield gets more and more stale i thought it would be revitalising for the developer if they were allowed to make something totally unexpected in between making the next numbered sequel, a Battlefield themed Kart Racer, i don't know, anything, Hot Air Balloon Simulator "from the makers of Battlefield".

You have to wonder how many potential Horizon: Zero Dawn type shifts we have been deprived of due to developers not being willing or allowed to go out of their comfort zone and do something completely different the way Guerilla did when pivoting from Killzone to Horizon.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Rockstar is run by corporate suits now. Meaning, all they care about is the bottomline. The Rockstar that used to take chances is long gone. So, no, you're not going to see a fantasy RPG from them anytime soon. Hell, even Square-Enix, who in a lot of ways are the same, was brave enough to make a mainline Final Fantasy game have character action gameplay like you'd see in a Devil May Cry game. Rockstar is only making GTA 6 because of the backlash of them not making a sequel in over a decade. If it weren't for that, they'd still be solely supporting GTA Online, because to them, that's where all the money is.

Jman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck no.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've wanted them to make fantasy and sci fi themed GTAs for years. Back in the day, when they could release five games in one generation, it even seemed feasible. Now though, no. It takes a whole generation to make one game on this scale now. No time for side projects and spinoffs.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: What's the point of being a group of the best developers in the world if you're only allowed to make one thing :(

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Fantasy? Maybe not. But a different time period for GTA would be nice, I'd love an 1850 Liberty City game. For Red Dead Redemption set before The Last of the Mohicans era.

tp0p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still waiting for my body harvest sequel