RPG Games with 2 player local Co-op on XBOX 360

ananthprabhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like the subject says - I am looking for RPG games which I can play with my better half. I login to XBOX live while my wife just uses the offline local account.

We just finished Diablo 3 RoS which had a great story and the coop did not make us feel like one character was a side kick. For example - quests progress effects both players and either can submit them.

We are looking for more games which will give us these features. I tried out co-optimus and pulled up the below list

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Fable III

Dungeon Siege 3

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Even went in and bought Fable III from amazon. However, ended up not playing - as player 2 feels more like a side kick when we tried.

Wanted to get some opinions about these games or if you any one had any other suggestions for games we could try out.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Borderlands?

In Tales of Vesperia, can you have a second player character in battle like in Tales of Symphonia? But that might feel little too sidekick-ish as well.

Isn't there a 360 version of Magicka?

Sorry, I can't think of too many. I don't think there really are that many. It's not an RPG at all, but have you thought of looking into Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

There really aren't that many co-op RPGs and most of them are for the PC and designed for LAN.

Dungeon Siege 3 and Sacred 2 are decent games though.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

There's a downloadable D&D game (Daggerdale I think). It's mostly bad, but it might be fun for some local co-op. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of other Gauntlet type games on XBLA arcade.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi
@jaycrockett said:

There's a downloadable D&D game (Daggerdale I think). It's mostly bad, but it might be fun for some local co-op. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of other Gauntlet type games on XBLA arcade.

There's straight up Gauntlet. Or rather there was, got removed when WB bought Midway.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

What about Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

This was actually a more popular genre on PS2 probably. Stuff like Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What about Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

This was actually a more popular genre on PS2 probably. Stuff like Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath.

I was going to recommend this as well, especially if you can find the Gold Edition for a reasonable price (not $60), it is quite good.

ananthprabhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you everyone for replying.

@corevi said:

There really aren't that many co-op RPGs and most of them are for the PC and designed for LAN.

Dungeon Siege 3 and Sacred 2 are decent games though.

I have just downloaded the demo for Dungeon Siege 3. Will try. Thanks.

Sacred 2 is not available the market place for download. And on Amazon it looks more like $60-70. This is probably outside our budget (consider I would have to pay delivery charges and taxes to import it to our country) :(

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, Tales of Vesperia may let you do that.

Tostare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tostare

@ananthprabhu said:

Like the subject says - I am looking for RPG games which I can play with my better half. I login to XBOX live while my wife just uses the offline local account.

5 years on I have the exact same question. I've got an old Xbox 360 and want something me and the wife can play together after the kids have gone to bed. What were the best games you found for this, in the end, can you remember? thanks

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@tostare: Borderlands 2 is a blast and there is a TON to do if you're worried about running out of game.